Best "Mudder" Waterproof Golf Shoe?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
In the great PNW, we can play golf year-round (with a day or two exceptions). For those playing in the winter, however, you just have to accept sloshing around in puddles and mud every time your ball leaves the fairway. For the last three years, my Nike Zoom Bandons have been amazing. I would immediately go out and buy a newer version of that shoe but apparently, Nike has stopped making a "mudder" with the last iteration of the Nike Lunar Bandons.

So what say you? What's the best waterproof golf shoe now for truly awful conditions?

I saw a FJ version of the Bandons recently. I haven't tried them but it may be worth taking a look at them.

Go find more old Bandons, probably the Lunar Bandon or Bandon II. I honestly don't know that anybody else is making a shoe like that.

And yeah, the Bandon III's are...ah...different.

Second vote for the bandons, they are my go to for the worst of weather.

Go find more old Bandons, probably the Lunar Bandon or Bandon II. I honestly don't know that anybody else is making a shoe like that.

And yeah, the Bandon III's are...ah...different.

Problem is you can't find them. I'm definitely looking, though!

I've had something similar to the FootJoy Originals for several years now. Feet have never gotten wet in some pretty swampy conditions. And since they are old, I stopped caring about trying to keep them clean. That said, they are a heavier shoe, so if you prefer walking, they aren't a good choice.

~Rock

wolverine wellington boots seem to work well for me. Not golf shoes but definitely mud/water proof up to about 7 inches!

Never worn them, but there were old guys at my course back home that swore by them. And damn if they aren't cheap compared to most new golf shoes.

http://oregonmudders.com

Back