Could You Hit a Par 3 Left Handed (or RH for Lefties)?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I still joke about this a bit when i'm THP events, claiming that I need to find a left handed club to practice because DevRickus promised to buy me Chipotle if I could manage the feat from somewhere in the 140-175 range. I've tried a few times (with video mediocrity to prove it) and I'm pretty certain it'll never happen. Even if a few of the pros make it look insanely easy.

So... think you could do it from 100, 150, 200 yards? Ever tried? Are you willing to show it on video? Heh..

No. I can hardly even look at LH club without getting vertigo. Much less trying to swing one. I predict either a whiff or a giant fat.

No. I can hardly even look at LH club without getting vertigo. Much less trying to swing one. I predict either a whiff or a giant fat.

haha every time I try I forget which arm is supposed to bend and then chunk something.

Nope, might be able to smack it a few yards but not far enough to sniff a green

Hell no, would be lucky to make contact.

I have a hard enough time hitting par three's right handed how the heck am I suppose to do it left handed?

I might be able to do 100 yards or more if I practiced, but that's because I am weird and for some reason I am left handed for hockey and right handed for everything else. So swinging left handed isn't as foreign to me as other right handers lol.

With enough practice, I'd give myself a 5% chance. I play hockey left handed, but that still wouldn't translate enough into a golf swing for me.

100% no. Tried it with Smalls whiffed twice.

I have a few LH clubs here (Thanks Dev!) so I'm hoping to accomplish that this year. Highly unlikely though. Haha

No chance haha right handed is hard enough already.

I still joke about this a bit when i'm THP events, claiming that I need to find a left handed club to practice because DevRickus promised to buy me Chipotle if I could manage the feat from somewhere in the 140-175 range. I've tried a few times (with video mediocrity to prove it) and I'm pretty certain it'll never happen. Even if a few of the pros make it look insanely easy.

So... think you could do it from 100, 150, 200 yards? Ever tried? Are you willing to show it on video? Heh..
I have hit a green from 150 left handed but it would not be consistent.

Hmm I could swing a bat left handed, but I'd say probably not. I can barely hit par 3's right handed.

I'm still working on trying to hit greens from those distances right handed.

I was a switch in baseball so it's possible I could get lucky. I've flipped wedges around and played holes like that for fun. Maybe something to try this year!

I sure would try if I had a chance to.

I am ambidextrous in many things, but golf is not one of them. I could hit a green at 150 once in 20 tries, maybe.

Use to switch hit in baseball, so who knows. Maybe a short one with say 20 tries, no way it would be a step up and first swing I hit it scenario.

Hell no! I'd probably fall over trying it, make a hell of a vine though

Maybe if it was 100 yards, I aim at like 3:00 of the green and used driver, I might get lucky and get in the ball park. And that's a big stretch.

This sounds like a fun idea for the Olde Stonewall trip. I have a LH SW that we can mess around with if I remember to put it in the trunk 4 months from now.

I'm with Golds and captaincaution. I can switch hit and I can turn a wedge over to hit it lefty reasonably well when I get myself into a predicament. I'd say about 5% of the time, some of the time.

I've tried a few times (with video mediocrity to prove it) and I'm pretty certain it'll never happen.

So Dan, do you shoot right or left in hockey? I don't know if I could because I've never tried but now I'll be trying this next time I get a round in with Aaron or Allan (buckbug).

Back