Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

Excuse me if this was answered, but are heavier sole weights available? I want to raise the swingweight on my 21* and Callaway hasn't responded to me email.
Unfortunately there are none available for retail

Say hello to my new little friend!

9b876e8601a6d6c1fd440034d8087cda.jpg

Proud to be a carrying member now!

Nice!

I ended up keeping the 24* that I snagged online. I didn't think it would replace my hybrid, but it's clearly the better option for me.

I can't get over how easy to hit the UT is and how high it launches the ball. Pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

I ended up keeping the 24* that I snagged online. I didn't think it would replace my hybrid, but it's clearly the better option for me.

I can't get over how easy to hit the UT is and how high it launches the ball. Pretty amazing.

You have a pretty high ball flight to begin with though Seth, right? Hoping the 21 degrees isn't too long but we shall see.

Looks good, Nate. I think it will be a good fit for your game.

Looks good, Nate. I think it will be a good fit for your game.

I'm excited to see. I still remember hitting Jman's 1st edition Callaway utility a few years ago and fell in love. But oddly enough my desire didn't blossom into actually purchasing one. So my last hook with the hybrid occured a few weeks ago and I was done. I'm giving it a good year to use it and develop it into the tool I need it to be. I'm excited about it.

I'm excited to see. I still remember hitting Jman's 1st edition Callaway utility a few years ago and fell in love. But oddly enough my desire didn't blossom into actually purchasing one. So my last hook with the hybrid occured a few weeks ago and I was done. I'm giving it a good year to use it and develop it into the tool I need it to be. I'm excited about it.

You destroyed that thing. I promptly offed it knowing I couldn't do it justice!

You have a pretty high ball flight to begin with though Seth, right? Hoping the 21 degrees isn't too long but we shall see.

I tend to hit a high ball.

I bought the 24* on a whim thinking that it would fit into a distance gap between the 5W and 5i better than my 4h. It looks like I was correct.

The flight of the UT is pretty amazing though. It flies higher than my 5i and seems to carry a long way. 210-220 is what I'm looking for, and this looks pretty close.

I will offer up this tidbit on the utility irons. Albeit im late to the post.

The Callaway Apex UTIL is a great club with great feel. I previously gamed a Bridgestone AirMuscle for 3 years and I was looking for a replacement driving iron a little stronger (18* vs 21*). I tested the Apex vs the UDI, the 712U and my current airmuscle. My miss is a hook. I will say that the UDI helped most with my hook. Feel between the Apex and UDI was almost the same buttery feeling.

I dont think you can go wrong with the UDI or APEX but if you havent texted the UDI I highly suggest it. Driving irons have come a long way and this is how I would rate them now...

UDI
APEX
712U
Bridgestone Airmuscle
Adams DHY

Im now selling that beforementioned Airmuscle because the new innovation in the list above.

Sweet! That will be a great addition to your bag.

I reshafted the 21 and 24 with nippon ns pro 980gh. Man I am hitting it so much better than aerotech in these. Getting much needed launch and just feels better for some reason. Anxiously waiting to take these out to the course again

Was stroking this bad boy today. We are going to get along just fine going forward.

I decided to check out Driving irons yesterday at Golfsmith.

They had a Mizuno H4 2-Iron that was virtually brand new for $82, and this Apex UT for $230.

I went in with my mind made up that as would buy the Mizzy for way less money.

I hit the Mizuno maybe 15 yards further, but couldn't shape the ball at all, and it was nowhere near as smooth.

I hit 3-4 balls with the UT, and they were all the same ball. Carried to about 235, with a tight little draw. Felt really smooth on impact.

I still went with the Mizzy, trying to save money.

But, all night I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about the UT. I decided I'd go back and get the UT instead.

Before doing so, I hit 2 more balls with it today, and again it was so easy to hit.

I don't like the price, but, this club seems bound to be my favorite club in my bag.

I won't get it for a week though.

KBS Tour 110 / 21 degrees

Man, this is a pretty club!

Just finished reading through this thread and really appreciate everyone's input.

Question for those playing the Apex UT...are you guys using the same shafts in the UT that you play in your irons? I'm curious what the Tour V shaft will be like. I tend to hit a pretty low ball and was fitted into the XP95 in my irons. I'm very interested in giving the 24* a try as my hybrid has been giving me grief and I have a gap between 5i-5w.

Just finished reading through this thread and really appreciate everyone's input.

Question for those playing the Apex UT...are you guys using the same shafts in the UT that you play in your irons? I'm curious what the Tour V shaft will be like. I tend to hit a pretty low ball and was fitted into the XP95 in my irons. I'm very interested in giving the 24* a try as my hybrid has been giving me grief and I have a gap between 5i-5w.
Tour v is a mid launch shaft imo. Look into the recoil maybe? They are no up charge option and should launch higher than tour v

Ponder mode on a 21*. With the distance I've picked up with the J15s, the gap to my J40 3 iron has decreased a bit. The Apex UT 21* could fit in nicely between my 4 iron and CB Pro 18*.

Ponder mode on a 21*. With the distance I've picked up with the J15s, the gap to my J40 3 iron has decreased a bit. The Apex UT 21* could fit in nicely between my 4 iron and CB Pro 18*.
You hitting the UT 21 will he a sight to watch for sure! With a shafts that can hold up to your beastly swing, potential is hard to imagine.

You hitting the UT 21 will he a sight to watch for sure! With a shafts that can hold up to your beastly swing, potential is hard to imagine.

The UT has been on my mind since last summer. I've got my eye out for one of with the Tour V in X.

I have been killing my 18° UT. It is quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. Great off the tee, great off the deck for second shots on par 5s, great for punches and short green side chips. It is a true utility club.

Back