Ping G30 LST driver

This driver does look very interesting. Would love to try it out. For me driver comes down to feel looks and numbers. All three together can promote a lot of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to add sound to that statement. Sound is big for me.

I haven't hit the G30, but with the G25 I would have loved there to be a LS option. I watched the review videos or both Mark Crossfield and Rick Shiels and they both seemed pretty impressed with the 30LS. Crossfield seemed downright giddy hitting it.

I haven't hit the G30 yet but the Ping Anser 9.5 that's been in my bag for a few months is a keeper. I just picked up a Ping TFC 189 Tour Stiff shaft for it for the colder winter months and it's a bomber. I'll wait until the G35 comes out and pick up a G30 LS for $100 on eBay.

I posted this in a different thread, but truly meant for it to be asked here.

Honest question. Does this count as a new release? I dont want to go down a tunnel here, but am genuinely curious. For so long PING did a very good job of differentiating their drivers. G and I. Then added Rapture and Anser and K as well as others. Now this driver. Before I continue, I should say I am 100% in favor of more releases done right and love new equipment, but am curious is this a separate release? It should be, because it is quite different in my opinion, but I am trying to figure out the main differences between this and the I and Anser releases.

To me, its one release, one umbrella, 3 heads with different characteristics.

From what I have heard, the I-series name is going away and its going to be all G with different designations under that. Would make sense with these three heads. All hearsay though right now I know, have you heard anything?

It seems like a separate release to me. But I don't feel that way about '' pro '' heads so maybe not if you look at it that way.

I posted this in a different thread, but truly meant for it to be asked here.

Honest question. Does this count as a new release? I dont want to go down a tunnel here, but am genuinely curious. For so long PING did a very good job of differentiating their drivers. G and I. Then added Rapture and Anser and K as well as others. Now this driver. Before I continue, I should say I am 100% in favor of more releases done right and love new equipment, but am curious is this a separate release? It should be, because it is quite different in my opinion, but I am trying to figure out the main differences between this and the I and Anser releases.

I think it is. Not sure why the G name stuck- success reasons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO its a new release. I like they kept this in the G series. I wonder if the R&D guys, marketing and everyone else is listening to their reps and ping is getting away from the i series drivers and putting the tech in the G series.

IMO its a new release. I like they kept this in the G series. I wonder if the R&D guys, marketing and everyone else is listening to their reps and ping is getting away from the i series drivers and putting the tech in the G series.

R&D/Marketing don't listen to reps, reps listen to them FWIW.

R&D/Marketing don't listen to reps, reps listen to them FWIW.

i know that. Was talking with the local ping rep who was telling me how many of the reps have tried to tell the guys back at corporate that the reps get and understand what they R&D and marketing guys are saying but that it's different in what golfers are experiencing in fittings and demo days. Especially with the g and I drivers and woods.

I'm not sure. An umbrella new release???

I do know this - I don't think it's fair to consumers to only put part if a product line out at a time. You have to give a consumer the chance to buy the best version of the product for their game. Especially with clubs that have limited adjustability that should mean comprehensive product releases. I'd be a little ticked if I bought the regular or SF TEC version.

I'm not sure. An umbrella new release???

I do know this - I don't think it's fair to consumers to only put part if a product line out at a time. You have to give a consumer the chance to buy the best version of the product for their game. Especially with clubs that have limited adjustability that should mean comprehensive product releases. I'd be a little ticked if I bought the regular or SF TEC version.

Yep, same unbrella, in this case the g30 umbrella. 3 different heads, 3 different goals.

I disagree on the not fair part personally. As a consumer we have nothing but options, if there isn't something in one brand initially that works, there will be in another.

I got to test one today! After doing their online fitting I went to my buddies range and tested the recommended setup. 9 degree driver set down to 8 degrees and with an x stiff 65 factory shaft. All I can say is WOW! I didn't expect it to be that forgiving and easy to work both ways but it was. Once my contract is open in a few months one of these drivers will prolly be going in my bag.

I don't think it should go under the umbrella. It's another release IMO. I'm sure I will get killed for this but I am skeptical of some of these technologies in the "same but different" heads. Can we as amateurs really benefit that much? I think if your swing is sound you can hit just about anything. I am far from perfect but I would rather be able to swing the regular version properly than buy a club that sets up to cure my mistakes and these OEMs (understandably) are trying to cater to as many people as they can, I get it. But it's another release.

I don't think it should go under the umbrella. It's another release IMO. I'm sure I will get killed for this but I am skeptical of some of these technologies in the "same but different" heads. Can we as amateurs really benefit that much? I think if your swing is sound you can hit just about anything. I am far from perfect but I would rather be able to swing the regular version properly than buy a club that sets up to cure my mistakes and these OEMs (understandably) are trying to cater to as many people as they can, I get it. But it's another release.
I used to share a similar sentiment. Then G10 12*, lessons, G20 10.5*, Amp Offset, lessons, Titleist D2. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And then the wonderfully adjustable R1 which, after some tinkering, put me in the fairway more than all the others combined. Now I'll take as much technology help as I can get and smile all the way to my ball in the short grass.

I used to share a similar sentiment. Then G10 12*, lessons, G20 10.5*, Amp Offset, lessons, Titleist D2. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And then the wonderfully adjustable R1 which, after some tinkering, put me in the fairway more than all the others combined. Now I'll take as much technology help as I can get and smile all the way to my ball in the short grass.

I'm not discounting it at all, and you are using the R1, and there was only ONE R1, so I can understand tinkering with it to suit you, but the 3 versions of the G30 seems like overkill to me... That's just ME though. The G30 seems to be very low spinning and forgiving all at the same time, I guess I am blind but I feel like anybody could hit this thing with the adjustments it already has.... lol

I like trying all the options out there and if the LS is still keeping it strait and I am getting another few yards with same forgiveness then That's the one I would spend my money on.I would definiltly be upset if I had just bought a regular G30 and I found for my swing the LS brought something I wanted to the table.
i have a feeling the next G series released ,all the heads will be released at once to avoid this situation.thats my guess.

I keep thinking about this one lofted up to 11.1 or 11.5, the Tour 65 shaft and that lower spin technology. I want to demo it and see if that combo works for me. I went to my local club - top 50 fitting place - and they didn't have any to hit. I reached out to a Ping connection and he doesn't have any samples yet either. Wonder when this is going to be available.

Ordered my G30 LS today with tour 65 stiff shaft,45 inches and d4 sw in a 9 degree head.My best numbers on the LM I was set at 9.6 which is a bit lower than my 10 loft in my old g25.Could be that my swing has changed a bit but I figured with the lower spin I would have needed to loft up.The lower spin really help with my carry and total distance.
Now I need the snow to melt.

Ordered my G30 LS today with tour 65 stiff shaft,45 inches and d4 sw in a 9 degree head.My best numbers on the LM I was set at 9.6 which is a bit lower than my 10 loft in my old g25.Could be that my swing has changed a bit but I figured with the lower spin I would have needed to loft up.The lower spin really help with my carry and total distance.
Now I need the snow to melt.

Played my first round with the G30 LS today. 9* tour 65

This driver is excellent! Forgiveness all over the face, just like my 8.5 G25, launch window is similar but spin is definitely down as I am getting a better angle of descent and rollout.

i honestly picked up 20 yards over the G25 into and against the wind from the extra roll alone. Played the same course last week with the G25 with the same group of guys and all couldn't believe the difference.

I have a 95mph ss with a + AoA
last week G25: 220-245 yards depending on wind
today G30 LS: 240-270 in same conditions

I've been through a ton of drivers looking for this type of forgiveness and distance. I'm excited that I found it.

I had a blast hitting this at the PGA SS yesterday. In 9 degree with the stock tour stiff shaft I was seeing spin lower then I've ever experienced. That low spin coupled with a 16 degree launch was letting this 96 mph pee shooter put some good numbers not the board. I hadn't remotely been considering this club but it was such a blast to hit, the sound it powerful, the face is responsive laterally and it just screams point and shoot. Definitely have to give this guy some though.

I had a blast hitting this at the PGA SS yesterday. In 9 degree with the stock tour stiff shaft I was seeing spin lower then I've ever experienced. That low spin coupled with a 16 degree launch was letting this 96 mph pee shooter put some good numbers not the board. I hadn't remotely been considering this club but it was such a blast to hit, the sound it powerful, the face is responsive laterally and it just screams point and shoot. Definitely have to give this guy some though.

Dude, that is SALTY!

Gonna pull the trigger?

Thanks for this write up. I am itching to demo this one. Do you find this version has noticeably less forgiveness given the weight has been moved slightly forward?

Back