What Tees Would You Play?

I just assumed it was Florida - And my experiences there have been next to zero roll any time I've ever played.
#HighSpinPlayerProbs
#ThisIsntTexasGolf

I think some are falsely assuming the the Members tee and the Black tee share the same tee box. I'd bet the Black tee, even though it's a similar distance, is probably to the left or right, making you work the ball or changing the view of the hole, which can effect how you play the hole.

I don't think so. I am assuming the Member tees are put down first, and then the Black tees are touching them, either next to or directly behind. (On the holes that are the same distance)

EDIT: It was answered a couple of posts later.

I'm curious.. Does it change for anyone if the course got an inch or two of rain the day before?

I lose about 10-15 yards at the top of the bag on fairways with rain, but I gain holding power on the greens so don't mind playing the mid irons from the fairway as much.

Last edited:
I'm not very long so I think blues would be fair yet still very challenging. From the card alone it looks like I'd use most of my clubs for approaches and I like that aspect in a course. Being it's 6053 yards is based upon only 35 full strokes (par 71) the blue tees would play more like a 6226 yard par 72 from a shot distance standpoint. Without seeing the layout, (doglegs, forced carries etc...) that might be manageable if I'm playing well. It's sloped similar to sposey#s home track from the blues, and while his blues are rated up with the black rating here. I found the distance on his from the blues too daunting for me at 6726, par 71 (so it plays like a 6918 par 72). Playing a course that's almost 700 yards shorter but otherwise about as tight and tough would be the perfect challenge for my 'game' and I'd travel to play it.

Last edited:
Blue or members. I have enough control of my 4i to hang on the members tee but if the group was playing the blues I would play the blues.

blues or members. I was once told, if you cannot reach the par 4's in 2, you're at the wrong tee. So most people should be whites.

Finishing on a 470 Par 4? Woof.

No problem. I'd be out of balls by the last hole and wondering why I hadn't seen the beer cart in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious.. Does it change for anyone if the course got an inch or two of rain the day before?
Nope, still Whites for me.:sad: The only distance I count is carry unless I'm playing on mid-summer hardpan.

Whites or blues for me

Blues. No longer.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I would play the members tees, most of the blue tees are the same anyway

This is the Internet. Point me to the tips.

This is exactly right. I love courses that give multiple options and in this instance they did so to accommodate a large range of golfers built by the membership base for their weekly games.

One of my favorite resort courses in the state has done the same.

One of my favorite courses here offers combined tee options. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I haven't seen the course I'd probably start off with blue tees and see how the day goes.

Since I haven't seen the course I'd probably start off with blue tees and see how the day goes.

You should be good from the Black tees, because you are a very good driver, definitely a good driver.

Love seeing all the opinions on this one.

I would play Black. All your Par 3's are under 180 yds. Your Par 4 are all around 375ish with a few in the 400's. You could hit 3 iron to 220-240 Yds and still be under an 8 iron into almost every green. Make your move on the par 5's. Now if I'm with my buddies and the beer is flowing. The Whites!

I would play Black. All your Par 3's are under 180 yds. Your Par 4 are all around 375ish with a few in the 400's. You could hit 3 iron to 220-240 Yds and still be under an 8 iron into almost every green. Make your move on the par 5's. Now if I'm with my buddies and the beer is flowing. The Whites!

#14 isn't. It's 228 yards. I'm hitting driver on that hole. My 5 wood could go that far, but I'm not taking any chances!

In the PNW rollout is like a unicorn. People say it/they exist but we've never seen it. An inch or two of rain just means the greens are especially receptive. Heck, maybe we break out the distance balls and move back a tee box.

In the PNW rollout is like a unicorn. People say it/they exist but we've never seen it. An inch or two of rain just means the greens are especially receptive. Heck, maybe we break out the distance balls and move back a tee box.
I played today in negative rollout it was so wet. 6200 yards felt like 6500 today.

9279ddd29e92f23d064434b0402b08c1.jpg

That short little par 4.. That's not even the tough part

That looks like a fun short hole. Lots of options.

#14 isn't. It's 228 yards. I'm hitting driver on that hole. My 5 wood could go that far, but I'm not taking any chances!
If I need to hit driver or wood into a par 3 I move up. Our foursome sounds like we would have a lot of fun.

Well I hit to 101 yards and one hopped my wedge shot over the green into a plant. Thanks for the double bogey..

Back