How many have bought the swingbyte?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
How many of you bought the Swingbyte?
Do you still have it?
I looked at a lot of the reviews, but they were new purchases.

There aren't any people talking about it a year or more later.

I have seen a few for sale.
Is anybody still using it, and what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jacm

I had it and didn't like it at all. So much work for me to get it to work right. Totally could have been user error tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the first gen and it was okay. I have had iPhones for the past 3 years and never had issues with mine working. You just have to use it with the understanding that it reads the swing differently than a radar based monitor so there are conversions on the Swingbyte website for things like attack angle.

I'd be willing to part with mine for cheap. If you are interested PM me.

The few places around here that have launch monitors, aren't set up.
One of the golf stores has one, but doesn't set it up unless there is a demo .
Even then, the vendors have their own monitors.

I'm just wanting to get close to swing speed, face open or closed, in to out swing path, and if my swing plane is over the top, or not.

I wonder about the clamping. Owning my own machine shop, I can build a clamp if needed.

There's a review thread here on THP (I'd post the link, but I'm using tapatalk). I was selected to test it, found it somewhat useful; the clamp broke and I got a replacement with no fuss and haven't used it in months due to lack of practice time. It provided some good feedback on swing though. And the drills suggested were helpful.

The original version used a heavy duty rubber band instead of the metal clamp. Maybe they wear out over time, but I never had an issue with the Swingbyte moving, much less detaching from a club during a swing.

I ordered one, and it should be here anyday. It was real cheap (open box).

CRW,
I may take you up on that offer. I'll see how this one performs.

Thanks,
Jack

I did not care for it only because I could never get the latch to work properly so the device kept coming lose, moving, etc. It was a pain.

I did not care for it only because I could never get the latch to work properly so the device kept coming lose, moving, etc. It was a pain.

That's what had me leary about this. I'm thinking about machining a plastic latch or somethng.

How many of you bought the Swingbyte?
Do you still have it?
I looked at a lot of the reviews, but they were new purchases.

There aren't any people talking about it a year or more later.

I have seen a few for sale.
Is anybody still using it, and what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jacm

I got one at the Cleveland Up & Down event last year I'd be happy to send you if you want to give it a shot.

Edit: Nevermind, see you ordered one :)

Last edited:
I have an original one. It is great for swing speed, but, it slips too much face angle, etc. For my driver, it, also, appears to be lie angle sensitive, and, it doesn't always detect my driver swings.

I have one that I bought a few years back. Never use it. Really not sure that it would benefit me at all. I prefer video of my swing. Have not tried to combine the SB with video.

Oh, and I just remembered why I have been discouraged to use it, earlier this year I couldn't add club and have them sync between my iPad, iPhone and web. So I gave up.

Last edited:
I got one at the Cleveland Up & Down event last year I'd be happy to send you if you want to give it a shot.

Edit: Nevermind, see you ordered one :)

Thanks for the offer Ken!!
Also, thanks for the info everyone.

Any more info, or suggestions is appreciated.

I have been messing with it some.
Real quickly, it pointed out my over the top swing.
Then, swing speed and face angle.
That much alone made it worth the price.

My total price paid was $20.
Can't beat it for that!!

Back