2015 Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Ball Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for all of the reviews of the 2015 Srixon Z-Star XV golf ball.

Looking forward to read everyone's thoughts and I will be buying some and will share my thoughts as well.

If anyone received the Tour Yellow version and has access to the 2013/2014 version, would you mind taking a comparison pic? I am curious to how this year's "Tour Yellow" looks. Hopefully they have gone back to the 2011/2012 coloring

I really liked the 2013/2014 version of this ball, so I'm curious to see how it holds up with this new version.

cant wait to read everyones thoughts. i will be looking to get my hands on these soon.

Really looking forward to get these balls in hand to start reviewing them! Thanks again THP and Srixon for the opportunity!!!

Looking forward to thoughts on the new "skin" on these

Posted in the wrong thread :)

Here is my shipment :)
d116bc44f629e189ef77314738abd1f7.jpg

Top ball is the new Z Star XV and bottom is previous model

6f61d199cddf6ab76030d7c1e782519e.jpg

Loving the arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I posted in the now closed thread, mine were delivered today, but I will not be able to get them until Wednesday. I had them sent to my house instead of my mailbox at school, but as I only live half an hour away, Ill be able to get them before a range session this week so I will have some feedback Wednesday afternoon for ya!

Edit: E1terate, those arrows are really nice!!

Can't wait for these to arrive!

I'm looking forward to giving my review on these golf balls.

1st round with the 2015 Srixon Z Star

My Stats;
6 ft.
220 lbs.
56 yrs old
6 iron CH speed 90-92 mph
Driver CH speed 100-105 +/-
My miss today with the Driver was right and more right, but that is a swing issue. When I put a good move on the ball it tracked very nice and bored though the wind.

Tee time temperature was 56 deg. 10 mph winds
18th hole temp. 67 deg. 10 -15 mph wind with gusts to 20 mph
Overcast at the start and Sunny at the end

The Srixon Z Star performed well off the Tee with moderate Driver spin and a mid to low ball flight for me, I have been struggling with the Driver lately so I did not really see any distance gains on well stuck shots, they were right in line with the Pro V1 I have been playing.

Off the irons distance was again right in line with what I have been seeing with very good drop and stop spin. The ball flight was mid - low on the longer irons and mid high below the 7 iron.

I did notice more spin off my wedges and had a couple back up slightly from 100 yds in.

Putting was true and the ball had a nice feel off the Putter face not soft but what I would expect with this type of ball.

Overall my impression from 1 round that this ball plays nearly exactly like the current Pro V1 and I honestly believe in a blind test they would be very hard to tell apart. A very nice ball and after 18 holes the ball still looked new, so very durable in my opinion.

Since I played a Chrome soft this past Sunday, this ball felt noticeably harder across the board. It will take a few more rounds to decide which I prefer to play in the long run.
Jim, move your post to the Z Star review thread. JB wants them separate from the XV thread.

Last edited:
Love the alignment arrow on this year's version

Those lines do look fantastic. Really wish more OEM's would do this for consumers.

I have no idea how to do that, tried hard to make a decent review and put in in the wrong place......doh!...head slap
The review is awesome! Just do copy and paste.

I received the balls last night, and will be putting them in play Saturday. My first impression is that I like the alignment arrow. Also, a very important review came in from my wife, who thought the 2 packs were "cute".

It would be interesting to see how these perform in different parts of the country. I'm in the desert and it's been warming up quite a bit here.

I just found out I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the testers. Thank you to THP and Srixon for allowing me to do this.

I will do a more in-depth post tomorrow but first initial thoughts, I noticed that the newer balls are little more white and a lot softer off the putter face. I putted about 100 balls yesterday using four balls, two new balls and two old balls and without a doubt every time I could tell you which ball was which just by the feel off my putter face.

I will do a more in-depth post tomorrow but first initial thoughts, I noticed that the newer balls are little more white and a lot softer off the putter face. I putted about 100 balls yesterday using four balls, two new balls and two old balls and without a doubt every time I could tell you which ball was which just by the feel off my putter face.

Great to hear!

That is maybe the only thing I didn't like as much about the previous Z Star XV. Good to hear it feels softer off the putter.

Great to hear!

I'm ok with it being softer but I hate hitting a ball like others that are too soft and give you no feedback off the club face. This ball does have a great balance between being soft and giving you feedback off the face

I'm ok with it being softer but I hate hitting a ball like others that are too soft and give you no feedback off the club face. This ball does have a great balance between being soft and giving you feedback off the face

Your description appears very similar to the B330 (hydrocore) off the putter.

Would you say it was 21% softer than 2014? :alien:

Back