Ping G30 LST driver

Thanks for this write up. I am itching to demo this one. Do you find this version has noticeably less forgiveness given the weight has been moved slightly forward?

Good question, not at all less forgiving. I actually find it to be the stock G30's equal on the forgiveness front. To hit this club just scream power and forgiveness. Older I get though I realize it's all about the shaft and based on my experience with the G30 FW, with Tour Shaft, I strongly believe I've found a shaft profile that works for me.

That sounds great.

I was just at my shop Monday, they didn't have the LST and they didn't know when they are coming in.

BTW, 16* launch with 9* head (and the Tour shaft)...is that normal for you?

That sounds great.

I was just at my shop Monday, they didn't have the LST and they didn't know when they are coming in.

BTW, 16* launch with 9* head (and the Tour shaft)...is that normal for you?

Well, I'm a high launch guy, very upright swing so 16, if not 17 is more what I'm accustomed to. Since I produce a lot of spin having the right shaft becomes my only ability to survive off the tee.

Short story the swing needs to be rebuilt but at 46 I have the time but not the patience!

I hit about 20 balls on the LM at GS tonight. Solid feel and forgiveness. Impact was great - easily repeatable and about the size of a quarter on the impact tape - if just a touch toward the heel. I saw more blocky fades than I'd like, but that's on me. SS @100, ball speeds @145, backspin was low 2Ks on good swings, don't remember launch, carry was mid 240s. This was with the tour 65 shaft and the head at 10.5*. The launch and spin numbers were better (I think) than what I get with the SF Tech version, but I get better distance with that model at 9*. I am going to try this one again lofted down and see what the numbers say.

Played my first round with the G30 LS today. 9* tour 65

This driver is excellent! Forgiveness all over the face, just like my 8.5 G25, launch window is similar but spin is definitely down as I am getting a better angle of descent and rollout.

i honestly picked up 20 yards over the G25 into and against the wind from the extra roll alone. Played the same course last week with the G25 with the same group of guys and all couldn't believe the difference.

I have a 95mph ss with a + AoA
last week G25: 220-245 yards depending on wind
today G30 LS: 240-270 in same conditions

I've been through a ton of drivers looking for this type of forgiveness and distance. I'm excited that I found it.

Great to here been a ping driver lover for years, but playing links courses and every driver ive had into the wind and i loss stupid distances,might give this one a try

I'm stuck at around 2300-2500 spin with my G30... Looks like I need a go with the LS Tec. It might be the answer at keeping me in the straight-hitting G30 line, but getting me into the spin ranges I need. Demo day can't get her quickly enough.

I'm stuck at around 2300-2500 spin with my G30... Looks like I need a go with the LS Tec. It might be the answer at keeping me in the straight-hitting G30 line, but getting me into the spin ranges I need. Demo day can't get her quickly enough.

I've become a Ping driver fan recently. It would be fun to hit the G30 models to see how they compare to the G25 I have.

You will definitely see your spin come down - I'm down over 300 RPM's with it through 3 rounds - amazing how accurate this driver is - last round out was 13/14 on FW's - I should have left it on the bag on 4 of those holes but it just wants to go straight so I trusted it.

Has anyone tried either of the Tour 80 shafts? I wonder what affect they would have on spin.

Whats your ss, launch and distance with the G30. 2300-2500 is not bad and depending on what your other numbers are May be optimal or close to optimal

In talking with Ping and my teacher, I need to be below 2000. 1800-2000 max to get the most out of my swing.

You will definitely see your spin come down - I'm down over 300 RPM's with it through 3 rounds - amazing how accurate this driver is - last round out was 13/14 on FW's - I should have left it on the bag on 4 of those holes but it just wants to go straight so I trusted it.

A 300 reduction would be nice, and 13/14 would be unreal!!! I'm gonna give it a try on the 11th.

I hit this Ping LS Tec today on the range at my home course and was very impressed. For me it had better a better flight and I much preferred it over the TM R15 and the Titleist 915 D2 that I was also demoing. Further testing is needed as I also loved the Callaway XR and DBD that I hit earlier this week.

Been spending a lot of time at my local golf store hitting my LS G30 in the Launch monitor.Cant wait to get out to our local range when it warms up a bit more.If my Lm numbers are good I should be knocking the range balls off the range this year.the lower spin seems to be really helping along with many hrs of practice.Cant believe how long the winters are up here in Canada.

Has anyone tried either of the Tour 80 shafts? I wonder what affect they would have on spin.
I didn't have access to a machine, so I have no idea about spin numbers. But I was able to hit the LST with the Tour 80 this weekend outside at the range. No bueno for me, just don't have enough gas in the tank to make that combo work.

I waggled this one today in the clubhouse, it looks like a G30 hahaha

How do the tour 65 shafts play to flex........

Back