Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Ah, got it. I was under the impression that if you ordered stock from the main page at GlobalGolf, you got what they had in stock (so they're waiting for their stock to be replenished), vs. ordering from the custom order interface, which puts in an order to be made for a specific person. But it sounds like all orders from Srixon get drop shipped?

Yea it's weird, because they said the 140% trade in bonus only went towards in stock items, but any complete iron set purchase I saw all came directly from the Manufacturer. Said the same for the Nike's and Taylormade clubs as well.

Yea it's weird, because they said the 140% trade in bonus only went towards in stock items, but any complete iron set purchase I saw all came directly from the Manufacturer. Said the same for the Nike's and Taylormade clubs as well.

i see the 140% deal is no more, i was hoping it would hold up until the XR line up came out.

I thought that promotion went until the beginning of March?

i see the 140% deal is no more, i was hoping it would hold up until the XR line up came out.

Deal is good through February - likely Callaway chose not to have the XR irons as part of the promotion

I thought that promotion went until the beginning of March?

Deal is good through February - likely Callaway chose not to have the XR irons as part of the promotion

some how i am not seeing the 140% that was popping up n about 175 new items that are in stock as it was on monday

e-mail from global golf

"Hello!
Thank you for your interest in our store items! Unfortunately that promotion has indeed ended. We run trade-in premiums pretty regularly, so be sure to check back with us!

Thanks,
Alex Lea
GlobalGolf Customer Service"

Last edited:
It's the relationship the manufacturers give to Golf Smith, PGA SS and Golf Galaxy. Orders from those companies get bumped ahead of orders even off of their own website.

My guess is sites like Global Golf are 3rd in line behind the big golf retailers and OEM sites.

Hi guys,
New to the forum but have been lurking for a while now. These irons and this thread are what mainly brought me here. Awesome forum you guys have here btw.

Anyways, I just felt like I should add my 2 cents in this situation. I'd originally purchased custom set of 850 forged at my local PGATSS is Paramus, NJ back in December that I received in less than 10 days. Took them on a trip to FL and didn't seem to get along too well with them so decided to take advantage of their performance guarantee and trade them in for a set of custom 545's.

Put the order in on 1/24 and asked for an update today. Was told another 3-4 weeks, as Srixon/Cleveland is still waiting on the heads from Japan, which puts me at the first or 2nd week of March. So I don't think all the big box stores share the same advantage. Just an fyi.

They have ARRIVED! Straight from Srixon USA in Huntington Beach, CA.

IMG_0720.jpg

They look so good I didn't want to take off the plastic.

IMG_0722.jpg

Can't to hit them either tomorrow or Friday.

IMG_0721.jpg

Very nice looking clubs...

IMG_0723.jpg

They have ARRIVED! Straight from Srixon USA in Huntington Beach, CA.

IMG_0720.jpg

They look so good I didn't want to take off the plastic.

IMG_0722.jpg

Can't to hit them either tomorrow or Friday.

IMG_0721.jpg

Very nice looking clubs...

IMG_0723.jpg
They get better looking every time I see them.

Beautiful. What shafts did you go with? S300?

Went with the R300. I went for a fitting and my SS dictated regular flex.

Good stuff dude. When are you going to get to put them in play?

Putting them in the trunk of my car tomorrow morning...if I have time I will hit them at an indoor facility to check out distances. I'm playing in a 2-man scramble on Saturday at Boulder Creek GC.

Putting them in the trunk of my car tomorrow morning...if I have time I will hit them at an indoor facility to check out distances. I'm playing in a 2-man scramble on Saturday at Boulder Creek GC.

Good stuff Mav. Hit 'em well!

Going forward, any time I b!tch about my lie angles, would somebody kindly remind me to just mark up a ball and find out rather than speculating? Marker test showed a straight up vertical line last night. At the same time, working on your swing flaws seems to make the ball go straighter. Crazy how that works.

Thumbs up to the irons still.

Going forward, any time I b!tch about my lie angles, would somebody kindly remind me to just mark up a ball and find out rather than speculating? Marker test showed a straight up vertical line last night. At the same time, working on your swing flaws seems to make the ball go straighter. Crazy how that works.

Thumbs up to the irons still.

I've added this to my "Hawk Reminder Notes".

3 rounds in the box with the 545 and like them more everytime, just a great iron all around.

The toe is still in play though. I heart tungsten.

Me too dude. I wish all irons had tungsten.

I know I say that all the time, but dammit, I do wish it.

The toe is still in play though. I heart tungsten.

How about the heel? I've somehow gone from a toe to heel miss over the last 6 months.

You gaming the AW? If so, thoughts?

How about the heel? I've somehow gone from a toe to heel miss over the last 6 months.

I hit the heel so infrequently that I couldn't tell you dude. Wish I could be of more help there, but not really lol.

Nope, I'm using a RTX 48° wedge and haven't desired the AW once.

Thanks man, guess I just need to stand a bit further away from the ball. :)

I hit the heel so infrequently that I couldn't tell you dude. Wish I could be of more help there, but not really lol.

Nope, I'm using a RTX 48° wedge and haven't desired the AW once.

You and me both, all over the toes..I do however yearn for the AW

Love love love the AW. As someone that used the AW on primarily full shots, a set AW is almost a must for me. I played 2 rounds before I got it and 2 rounds after I got it. I felt naked the two rounds before I got it.

Back