Homemade Pizza or Pizza

LOVE ME SOME PIZZA! I love all kinds of pizza. I like to make my own in the oven, I use a pizza stone which works great. My basic one is pepperoni and mushroom. I also make buffalo and BBQ pizzas quite frequently as well. My most exotic pizza was an Asian sesame ginger that was pretty good as well.

As far as pizza places, I love Deep dish but also thin crust. My favorite pizza place in boston is Santarpios they have to locations one in east boston and one is Saugus.

Homemade grilled pizza is fantastic, although quite tedious to make.

Other than tht, for pizza restaurants, there are several wood fired or brick oven flatbread places that make great pies. As for type, my favorite has to be margherita

What do you like? I've had all types; deep dish, thin, wheat, thick. How do you like yours?

Tonight the kids made homemade pizza tonight with pepperoni and pineapple.

umuha5a2.jpg

I forgot that the kiddos were making pizza tonight. Looks like they turned out pretty good.

We make our own pizza quite frequently, but we have yet to find a crust that is as good as a restaurant. I typically load it up with minced garlic, pepperoni, seasoned beef, and mushrooms. And now I'm hungry.

What does everyone else use for their crust?

I love a deep dish Chicago style pie!

Thin crust with chicken & mushrooms. Made somewhere else always seems to be a tad better.

And....fruit doesn't belong on pizza!!!

I could say the same thing about chicken.

Thin or Brooklyn...just the basics and I'm all in.

Deep dish with extra sauce and cheese.

I have gotten pretty good at making my own pizza. The dough is pretty easy, and I like having control over the ingredients. I've grown skeptical of mass-produced anything, and I rarely get pizza from a chain for that reason.

There are a couple places locally that I would put up with anyone, though. Pizzeria Antico and Verizano's in Atlanta are both really good. The former is about as close as I've seen to pizza in Italy.

Thin crust, wood oven, minimal toppings.

Chicago deep dish is the absolute best!

Nope...I want to taste more than just bread. Do not try at tell me that the bread is the support of the rest of the pie. I buy a pie for the flavor of the ingredients and not the breading. "B E A R!!!!"

I hew up in Milwaukee and they had some great pizza places. Alegretis, pepinos. They always cut the pizza into 3" squares. Miss that pizza

I lived in Milwaukee for 20 years. When we first moved there I ordered pizza for delivery. The guy shows up, hands me a big brown bag. " What's this?" I ask, " " your pizza". Coming from NYC I was dumbfounded, but the pizza was decent. I think it was from Manny's.

Love pizza. Two of my favorites up here are Canadian Pizza Unlimited and Demetries. When I lived in Boston Uno's was really good and taking a drive to Plymouth Mass and going to a little hole in the wall called Stevies pizza was probably the best pizza I have had. If you go and look at the rock stop by for a slice you wont regret it.

I'm pretty basic I love a simple peperoni pizza I don't like when they start playing with the sauce and deviate from the traditional tomato sauce.

Homemade Fig Jam Pizza for Lunch:

3e2235dd478b25845738c266ab1485d0.jpg

I knew it was coming. Looking good.
The only thing missing is Hashtag saying "Wait, that's a real thing?"

Thin crust, wood oven, minimal toppings.

I know I'm quoting a year old post, but Erik made me think about pizza.

Don - If you haven't already, you may want to try Community Pie in downtown Chattanooga. We went for the third time this weekend, and it is really solid. The simple Margherita Pizza is the best I've had since I went to Rome.

I know I'm quoting a year old post, but Erik made me think about pizza.

Don - If you haven't already, you may want to try Community Pie in downtown Chattanooga. We went for the third time this weekend, and it is really solid. The simple Margherita Pizza is the best I've had since I went to Rome.

That place is excellent.

That place is excellent.

I am addicted...only 12 to 14 inch pies (at least the wood fired ones), so we both polished off our own. Add in some awesome Gelato at the end, and it is worth the drive downtown with very little excuse.

and now I want Pizza....

Homemade on the kamado. She made the dough from scratch and the basil is picked from the garden.

GG on the oven now.
98982150049f0371d5791ca8d1e98608.jpg

Mine going on next
89ceeda2419f0a433d53716f4ab1b656.jpg

JB & GG-
That looks simple and phenomenal.

Homemade on the kamado. She made the dough from scratch and the basil is picked from the garden.

GG on the oven now.
98982150049f0371d5791ca8d1e98608.jpg

Mine going on next
89ceeda2419f0a433d53716f4ab1b656.jpg

Sweet mother of god.

That. Looks. Insane.

I have a feeling that pizza's going to be very good. What kind of cheese is that with the basil?

Looks so good. Now I must have pizza tonight.

Back