Shipping Golf Clubs - Most Cost Effective Way

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw a few older threads on this topic and wanted to revive it. I am about to put in a big order with CPO and realized that shipping of used clubs could be somewhat costly. What route do most of you use these days to ship clubs. I have a set of irons, 6 wedges, 2 FW and 2 Putters I am looking at sending. Would think I will need a minimum of 2 golf club boxes to send everything.

USPS for me. With tracking and insurance.

I saw a few older threads on this topic and wanted to revive it. I am about to put in a big order with CPO and realized that shipping of used clubs could be somewhat costly. What route do most of you use these days to ship clubs. I have a set of irons, 6 wedges, 2 FW and 2 Putters I am looking at sending. Would think I will need a minimum of 2 golf club boxes to send everything.
I think one box could potentially work, stagger the clubs half up, half down, wrap the heads individually with some thin bubble packing, and tie them together. USPS would be my shipping choice, reasonable pricing

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think one box could potentially work, stagger the clubs half up, half down, wrap the heads individually with some thin bubble packing, and tie them together. USPS would be my shipping choice, reasonable pricing
Absolutely agree!

With that many clubs you'll definitely be over $30 with USPS.
I shipped a set of 8 irons recently and it was $28 approx.

It's a combo of box dimensions and weight.

Might put the irons and wedges in a smaller dimension box.

Put lighter fairways in the taller box.

Go to usps.com and estimate the costs - will need dimensions and weight.

When I tried to sell some old clubs, I went to my locally owned golf center and got some boxes, They were glad to give them to me. I was able to package six irons and two hybrids into a box very efficiently. That would probably help with the shipping costs.

I traded some clubs in to the PGA value guide (3 balls) and they pay shipping if you are above $99 if I remember correctly.

Dave

Call CPO or you can find it on the site with some digging and purchase a shipping label through them. They ship so much stuff they get a great business rate and can pass it on to you. Whenever I trade stuff in I buy a label for $4.99 from them. Not sure about more than 1 or 2 clubs, as that's all I trade in at one time. USPS charges me $13-15 for one club priority mail so the CPO price is pretty good.

As previously mentioned, CPO will sell you a $5 shipping label to send your clubs once you receive your new clubs from them (use same box). I've done this many, many times this past year. And, depending on order size and who you talk to, they'll give you the $5 shipping label for free. I've sold a few clubs online and it's never more then $12 (except to west coast, approx $18) via USPS with priority and tracking. Choose priority shipping, package, put in dimensions and weight. I just shipped 8 irons this route from PA to NC and it cost $8.66.

As previously mentioned, CPO will sell you a $5 shipping label to send your clubs once you receive your new clubs from them (use same box). I've done this many, many times this past year. And, depending on order size and who you talk to, they'll give you the $5 shipping label for free. I've sold a few clubs online and it's never more then $12 (except to west coast, approx $18) via USPS with priority and tracking. Choose priority shipping, package, put in dimensions and weight. I just shipped 8 irons this route from PA to NC and it cost $8.66.

If I trade in clubs I always buy the label from CPO. Can't beat $5 anywhere.

Whenever I ship out a full set that has been ordered 9/10 its cheapest to go with FedEx, if I am shipping to Cali, USPS is usually cheaper. I am in Vegas BTW.

USPS priority mail is what I have found works best between price and reliability for me.

Back