Homemade Pizza or Pizza

I must add to this. Here's what I make once a week.

10649909_10154557800910417_5034687077613926463_n.jpg
1458530_10153948187830417_1104001240_n.jpg

I need to learn how to make my own pizza.

My favorite it sausage and hot pepper. Although ham and pineapple is really good ​as well.

Dang it now I want pizza and it's not on the dietary menu :angry:

I have a feeling that pizza's going to be very good. What kind of cheese is that with the basil?

Real Mozz.
I overcooked them trying a lower rack on the kamado, but flavor was there.

I need to learn how to make my own pizza.

My favorite it sausage and hot pepper. Although ham and pineapple is really good ​as well.

GG has great dough recipes.

I bet the real fresh cheese made it taste even better.

GG has great dough recipes.
You like the results of cooking on the grill the best? My issue has always been...that they don't come out all that great from the oven...IMO. Right on the rack, or even on a pizza stone, I just never had much success getting it ​right.

Morgan, would you share your dough recipe with all of us???
Second. We make pizzas frequently, but still don't have the perfect dough yet.

You like the results of cooking on the grill the best? My issue has always been...that they don't come out all that great from the oven...IMO. Right on the rack, or even on a pizza stone, I just never had much success getting it ​right.

If you are going to grill pizza there are a couple of ways to do it. When not using the Kamado where we can get it to 1000 degrees, then my favorite way is to actually grill the dough first, then add the toppings and finish off in the oven. Here's how to do it:

Heat the grill to high. Brush the dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (or any other herbs you might like) and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and grill for 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from the grill and place on a flat surface such as a cookie sheet.

Add your toppings and then place the pizza back on the grill. Close the cover and grill until the cheese has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If you don't want to return it to the grill to cook then you can also put the pizza into a preheated oven at 450*. Place the pizza on a cookie sheet and bake until cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes.

I like to just cook it on the grill, but both work.

The best part is that if you make lots of dough, you can do the first part where you just grilled the dough, and then freeze that and use it at a later time. It will stay in the freezer for a couple of months.

Care to share the dough recipe?

If you are going to grill pizza there are a couple of ways to do it. When not using the Kamado where we can get it to 1000 degrees, then my favorite way is to actually grill the dough first, then add the toppings and finish off in the oven. Here's how to do it:

Heat the grill to high. Brush the dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (or any other herbs you might like) and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and grill for 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from the grill and place on a flat surface such as a cookie sheet.

Add your toppings and then place the pizza back on the grill. Close the cover and grill until the cheese has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If you don't want to return it to the grill to cook then you can also put the pizza into a preheated oven at 450*. Place the pizza on a cookie sheet and bake until cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes.

I like to just cook it on the grill, but both work.

The best part is that if you make lots of dough, you can do the first part where you just grilled the dough, and then freeze that and use it at a later time. It will stay in the freezer for a couple of months.
PRINTED. Thanks!

I'm not sure why I never thought it could be done combined grill/oven. Then again, my grill is currently buried under 2 feet of snow....

Morgan, would you share your dough recipe with all of us???

i just found one online a while back. It's a bread machine recipe because I always make the dough in my bread machine. Here you go:

Ingredients:

Serves: 8

Yield:
Yield 1.0 1pie

Units: US | Metric

Directions:

1. Add ingredients to pan in order listed, set bread machine on"dough" and walk away.

2. After the cycle is completed, lightly coat dough ball in flour and roll or slap out to desired size.

3. Will make a 9-10" pizza of average thickness, or a 13-14" thin crust pizza.
  4. Notes from original recipe writer: You may substitute beer for all or part of the water. I've used 3/4 cup flat beer and 1/4 water with excellent results. A teaspoon of semolina may be added as well -- it provides a nice crunchiness to the dough when baked. Corn meal can be substituted for the semolina (and likewise, semolina can be used to dust the pizza peel and/or baking stone).

i just found one online a while back. It's a bread machine recipe because I always make the dough in my bread machine. Here you go:

Ingredients:

Serves: 8

Yield:
Yield 1.0 1pie

Units: US | Metric

Directions:

1. Add ingredients to pan in order listed, set bread machine on"dough" and walk away.

2. After the cycle is completed, lightly coat dough ball in flour and roll or slap out to desired size.

3. Will make a 9-10" pizza of average thickness, or a 13-14" thin crust pizza.
  4. Notes from original recipe writer: You may substitute beer for all or part of the water. I've used 3/4 cup flat beer and 1/4 water with excellent results. A teaspoon of semolina may be added as well -- it provides a nice crunchiness to the dough when baked. Corn meal can be substituted for the semolina (and likewise, semolina can be used to dust the pizza peel and/or baking stone).

I highly recommend adding different herbs as mentioned above as optional. It really adds some great flavor and dimension to the crust.

Another solid dough option is a honey wheat dough. Don't knock it until you try it.

PRINTED. Thanks!

I'm not sure why I never thought it could be done combined grill/oven. Then again, my grill is currently buried under 2 feet of snow....

Doing it this way is SUPER easy and tastes so good! My sister took home the extra dough and had pizza for months. She is a super picky eater too and loved it.

Basi in and on pizza is bliss.

Homemade pizza tonight

1308764536089cb1b6d6b0693ab026df.jpg

Thin crust, fresh home made mozzarella, a little tomato sauce, fresh basil leaves cooked in a stone oven with a glass of red wine....you will thank me later!

Thin crust, fresh home made mozzarella, a little tomato sauce, fresh basil leaves cooked in a stone oven with a glass of red wine....you will thank me later!

Look up, thats what was done. :D

I guess it's Pizza Day. Glade to see we have other talents
IMAG0071_zpsrhm8gzdq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good.

I like homemade especially when grilled my Uncle made it for my family once and I nearly went to foodvana, it had this smoke mozzarella that was to die for along with some hand picked mushrooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back