Adam Scott New Putter?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know its been discussed in a different thread, but wanted to put it here as well. Adam Scott practicing with the short putter.

B_QtxhnU0AAnIyX.png:large

I hope he does well with it. I really do. But, i just feel like he switched to the belly putter because he was struggling with his putting with the shorter putter. Hopefully he can pull it together!

Claw grip? With a Superstroke too. Interesting to see if/when he throws it in play. Or what he does when he goes short.

Had to happen eventually. Interesting that he's working with an Odyssey, though. Figured he might stick with Scotty Cameron.

I am sure Scotty is working furiously to copy whatever Adam likes and put a Circle T on it.

My first thought was "claw grip?"

Maybe he should read unconscious putting?

Wouldn't the claw be a natural extension of his lower hand grip on a broomstick putter anyway? Could be a comfort thing.

Wouldn't the claw be a natural extension of his lower hand grip on a broomstick putter anyway? Could be a comfort thing.

He had a similar lower hand grip with the broom as well, yes. Really hope it comes around for him. Such a solid ball striker and very humble with the media. Would be shame if he becomes irrelevant by switching to short putter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think with all the new tech in clubs and grips he will find something that he's comfortable with and be just fine with a lot of practice that I'm sure he is already putting in.

Genius. Why didn't I think of that!? It's his left hand that is different there.

Y in the world would he use a Odyysey over a Scotty?

Just read on twitter that he missed 6 5-footers in a row. That can't do much for his confidence.

Are you serious? You do realize that Odyssey is the overwhelming choice on the PGA Tour right?
I do realize that. But idk if ive heard of anyone Sponsored all by titleist opting to go with an Odyssey when they could have a Scotty.

I do realize that. But idk if ive heard of anyone Sponsored all by titleist opting to go with an Odyssey when they could have a Scotty.

Steve Stricker has done pretty well for himself.

#1 putter brand could be partially the reason.

Interesting that he went with a short putter and not a counter balance. hope he can find something he likes and putt well with.
As I said to Fupresti I just dont ever recall a Titleist sponsored player opting to roll an Odessy when they have possibly the best putter crafter of all time at their disposal

Maybe all of his clubs aren't all sponsored by Titleist and he found something he likes. Odyssey is #1 for a reason.

Steve Stricker has done pretty well for himself.

There are quite a few. Odyssey does not pay for much sponsorship really, and yet at the same time dominates the tour count. Stricker is definintely one of the bigger names.

ZJ has done pretty well for himself with a non-Scotty as well.

As I said to Fupresti I just dont ever recall a Titleist sponsored player opting to roll an Odessy when they have possibly the best putter crafter of all time at their disposal

Totally subjective

I've never rolled a Scotty I loved

There are several others who chose other clubs as well, Webb Simpson and Zach Johnson come to mind. I think Poults is still rolling an Odyssey as well.

Lots of great putters out there, well beyond any one brand.

I know its been discussed in a different thread, but wanted to put it here as well. Adam Scott practicing with the short putter.

B_QtxhnU0AAnIyX.png:large

Obviously it has been discussed a bit already, but surprised to see him with a #7 instead of a ... #7?

Futura_X5_1.jpg

...guess there's something to that insert after all.

That is a bold statement but I really don't want to de-rail the thread. Crazy how Odyssey does dominate the tour without paying much if anything.

Im shocked to find this out. I never heard of a Titleist person not rolling a Scotty. And Poulter really rolls an Odessey? I thought he rolled a Scotty when he was on Cobra. Maybe im wrong.

Ive always loved the look and feel of Scottys just couldnt bear the price for something I know ill switch.

Totally subjective

I've never rolled a Scotty I loved
Really? Thats surprising. But ur right putters are easily one of the most subjective sporting good equipment items ever. Ive never rolled an Oddessey ive liked l, and they dominate the bags of pros ansld amateurs.

Back