Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Vapor Pro. I think its the best driver Nike has put out, but I had that same battle (heart/head) and tried and tried to stay with my heart...in the end though, the head is the way to go. Go XR, go with the launch and the carry.

The hold up is I have yet to hit a shot that has been off line by more than 10 yards with the Nike... thats seriously impressive. I really wish I would have hit it on the range yesterday. Had I done that I figure I would know my answer one way or another. The XR is distance king, but I would gladly give up the few yards to be in the short stuff.

In other news, I tried the Vapor Pro at 12*. I always think I should try going up to 12* but it has never worked out for me, I lost serious distance, you would think with my launch problems it would help but I always lose ball speed and carry.

I love the Vapor Pro. I think its the best driver Nike has put out, but I had that same battle (heart/head) and tried and tried to stay with my heart...in the end though, the head is the way to go. Go XR, go with the launch and the carry.

Definitely different profiles, that's for sure.

With what I was reading yesterday Wake, I think XR is a green light.

The hold up is I have yet to hit a shot that has been off line by more than 10 yards with the Nike... thats seriously impressive. I really wish I would have hit it on the range yesterday. Had I done that I figure I would know my answer one way or another. The XR is distance king, but I would gladly give up the few yards to be in the short stuff.

In other news, I tried the Vapor Pro at 12*. I always think I should try going up to 12* but it has never worked out for me, I lost serious distance, you would think with my launch problems it would help but I always lose ball speed and carry.

The XR is the more forgiving head FWIW. The Pro is super solid there, I've defended that from the start and still do, but it's not XR or 815 forgiving. In the end though, you have to love what you play, and play what you love.

Shows the role of the swing in things, lots go into things like that whereas AoA, point of impact on face, and such are concerned. Its a wacky game.

The XR is the more forgiving head FWIW. The Pro is super solid there, I've defended that from the start and still do, but it's not XR or 815 forgiving. In the end though, you have to love what you play, and play what you love.

Shows the role of the swing in things, lots go into things like that whereas AoA, point of impact on face, and such are concerned. Its a wacky game.
Oh no doubt as far as ball speed on misses go, my simulator session this afternoon more than showed that out. The XR is king there.

Oh no doubt as far as ball speed on misses go, my simulator session this afternoon more than showed that out. The XR is king there.

Its a good dilemma to have dude, for sure. Two really solid heads.

Watching a red tie fw shaft and Bertha adapter on eBay. Just sent an email to the seller of the shaft to make sure it's for a 3w before I pull the trigger.

Want to try this in my Bertha 3w

If I get these, can I put the adapter on myself with zero experience but common sense?

OK, it's official. I am going to buy a stand bag on Thursday or Friday. I'm leaning towards the Srixon Z right now, and just found out that my pro has it, so he offered to let me walk a round with it to see if I like it. If I do, I'll have one this week. He said it's not the lightest bag on the market, but it's pretty nice to carry.

I'm also going to order a C-Taper Lite to put in my 58* wedge. I really like them in my RSi1's and would like to have a similar feel in my wedges.

Pondering a few things...
- GPS unit. Mine died after almost 4 seasons of use. Leaning towards a Garmin.
- Bag setup... After falling in love with the performance of the 815 4H, thinking about a 3H, too. But, that would require dropping a wedge or a fairway wood.
- Wedges, still. Must decide on this within the next several days, so I can have them in the bag prior to the Lexington Invitational.

Gap wedge. Likely will go Bertha to match my set but may go XR just for grins.

Last edited:
Gap wedge. Likely will go Bertha to march my set but may go XR just for grins.

Just don't hit the full set of XR's. You'll be hooked.

Aeroburner Mini TP 14 for me.

Really pondering 2 things. The Callaway PM wedge and the Milled Collection #5.

Just don't hit the full set of XR's. You'll be hooked.

Aeroburner Mini TP 14 for me.

I support this ponder.

Day 2 of the Aeroburner Mini TP 14* ponder.

Day 2 of the Aeroburner Mini TP 14* ponder.

I messed around hitting it on the range yesterday... holy smokes. I honestly would have never even imagined giving this a swing. I was pleasantly surprised.

OK, it's official. I am going to buy a stand bag on Thursday or Friday. I'm leaning towards the Srixon Z right now, and just found out that my pro has it, so he offered to let me walk a round with it to see if I like it. If I do, I'll have one this week. He said it's not the lightest bag on the market, but it's pretty nice to carry..
Taking the Bolt-approach to club selection when playing cart path only golf?

Taking the Bolt-approach to club selection when playing cart path only golf?
Well, there's 2 reasons I'm swapping from the Kahma:

1. I've been doing a lot of range work and carrying the Kahma down to the range is a complete pain. Because of the caddy rack, whenever you carry it by the strap, it dumps all the clubs out of the rack and then you have to put them all back in. It's incredibly difficult to travel with. Whenever I need to carry it, I end up using the handle on the front which is awkward.

2. I've been walking 6 to 9 holes after work about 3 times a week. I've been using my Sun Mountain cart, but now that I'm in better shape, I would like to start carrying for those short rounds. It's a lot faster just to pick up the bag and go than to unload the push cart.

Hmmm...just checking the golfsmith trade in days 150% bonus numbers and could probably trade some stuff in to get a new Odyssey works straight up...hard ponder on the #7/Tank #7 or Tank Rossie if they'll give me enough for the others.

Pondering switching back to my RTX cb wedges.

BBA 815 driver.

The 3 wood is the best I have ever hit... the driver was flat out phenomenal in the SIM.

And a Scotty Futura X5 Dual Balance. Pretty sure this one is happening.

BBA 815 driver.

The 3 wood is the best I have ever hit... the driver was flat out phenomenal in the SIM.

You need one. Hell, get the DBD while you're at it.

I didn't even get to post here before a ponder became a purchase...

I went to a Demo Day at my home course and fell in love with the Callaway XR 4 hybrid (22 degree). I hit a ton of clubs from various OEMs at this event (TM, Callaway, Mizuno, Ping, and Titleist were all there). I'm really trying to get my bag set before my wedding in May. I'm told that purchases get more attention after the wedding... Lol

I was in the market for a 4H to round out the bag and found the XR.... So the Demo Day was on Saturday afternoon, my ponder lasted less than 24 hours, as I was on Callaway's website custom ordering the XR Hybrid Sunday morning... Also the Aeroburner Hybrid is very good too, if any TM guys need a hybrid to ponder...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm having some heavy iron ponders. I play mp-59s and it is the only iron set I ever bought. Love them but I am thinking of something more forgiving.

XR are really interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back