DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacked it around at Pinecrest this afternoon in true THP fashion..

How'd you do?

Post via Taptalk
Miserable 47 only bright spot was the SeeMore I got to roll for the first time. Everything else was not real sharp

Miserable 47 only bright spot was the SeeMore I got to roll for the first time. Everything else was not real sharp
I'm sure your game will come around :) I finally got my swing where I think it should be and haven't been able to get out on the course to see if it can stand-up to the pressure and the unknowns of the course. Wish it was ready to go a few weeks ago when I was in Florida., lol. The only "play" I've gotten is the demo days at nighthawk., which btw has a demo day Thursday (Mizuno & Ping if anyone is interested).

Post via Taptalk

I know it's too far northeast for most of the guys on here, but Fox Hollow in Towson / Lutherville is having a Callaway demo day tonight. 4-8 I believe.

I know it's too far northeast for most of the guys on here, but Fox Hollow in Towson / Lutherville is having a Callaway demo day tonight. 4-8 I believe.
Thanks. A year and half ago that would have been perfect for me after work.

I'm sure your game will come around :) I finally got my swing where I think it should be and haven't been able to get out on the course to see if it can stand-up to the pressure and the unknowns of the course. Wish it was ready to go a few weeks ago when I was in Florida., lol. The only "play" I've gotten is the demo days at nighthawk., which btw has a demo day Thursday (Mizuno & Ping if anyone is interested).

Post via Taptalk

You said the magical words of I got my swing.... That's almost as bad as the 'S' word.

You know what I found impressive this weekend at the Renditions outing. We were sitting around the table in the 19th hole. While I have not had the opportunity to attend a THP event, several of my companions for the day had and those events were discussed. Beyond the fact that everyone enjoyed them, what impressed me was that everyone remembered the screen names of the people they met as well as their given names. You see, I can remember faces, if I see someone I can remember having met or played with them previously, but names escape me, It was like Cheers, everyone knew their names, I found that impressive.

I really wish I could have made this outing. Damn work. I need to get a good local THP outing in.

Demo Days @ 1757

Demo Days @ 1757

I got an email from them and figured I would throw this up for anyone interested:

Demo Days Are Back @ 1757 Golf Club:

All Times are 4:00PM-8:00PM

Wed. May 20th - Callaway
Wed. May 27th - Ping
Thurs. May 28th - Mizuno
Wed. June 3rd - Cobra
Wed. June 10th - TaylorMade

I doubt I will make any of these since my daughter usually plays Wed. nights and my son plays Thrus. nights, but I figure some of you guys might be able/willing to attend.

Kinda sucks too since the place is basically across the street from the office.

Got out for 7 holes today and hit the ball pretty darn well. Didn't keep score but worst was a double so bogey or Par on the other holes. I just tried to relax and enjoy it and man did it work.

Back to Junior Golf league so I get to be at the course a lot more and play for free. Can't beat free golf!

Snapped a pic

5c1a0f6cbe6570bcdbd7087395f900df.jpg

Beautiful day to be out on the course

I got an email from them and figured I would throw this up for anyone interested:

Demo Days Are Back @ 1757 Golf Club:

All Times are 4:00PM-8:00PM

Wed. May 20th - Callaway
Wed. May 27th - Ping
Thurs. May 28th - Mizuno
Wed. June 3rd - Cobra
Wed. June 10th - TaylorMade

I doubt I will make any of these since my daughter usually plays Wed. nights and my son plays Thrus. nights, but I figure some of you guys might be able/willing to attend.

Kinda sucks too since the place is basically across the street from the office.

Also got the following from Larkin Golf which has moved over from Stonewall to Virginia Oaks"
[h=4]"Demo Day May 16th @Virginia Oaks[/h]Saturday, May 16th from 12-4 pm

Come try all the new great equipment from Nike, Ping, and Cobra!

Our Flightscope Radar will be out there to test and track your distance on the clubs you try! We will also be booking club-fittings with our PGA Staff to really dial in a set of clubs to fit your game and maximize your distance!"

Jessie that R1 looks like it's about 660 cc. Ha I know it's just the camera adding the extra size, something I'm all too familiar with.

Jessie that R1 looks like it's about 660 cc. Ha I know it's just the camera adding the extra size, something I'm all too familiar with.
Haha yeah those cameras okay tricks on all of us. R1 is one club that is going to tough to give up when the times comes. The best driver I have owned and I got my hands on it in such a cool way.....

Tee time with a buddy for tomorrow morning at Pohick and really excited. Thought all week that I wasn't going to get to play but the wife gave the ok.

Haha yeah those cameras okay tricks on all of us. R1 is one club that is going to tough to give up when the times comes. The best driver I have owned and I got my hands on it in such a cool way.....

I have one as well. I doubt I'll ever give up either as it was obtained in a very cool way as well.

SaA

Tee time with a buddy for tomorrow morning at Pohick and really excited. Thought all week that I wasn't going to get to play but the wife gave the ok.

I have one as well. I doubt I'll ever give up either as it was obtained in a very cool way as well.

SaA

Get your hands on a G30 and I think you'll change you mind. I know everyone is different but I've seen A LOT of people switch to it, gaining more yard and a lot more accuracy!

Get your hands on a G30 and I think you'll change you mind. I know everyone is different but I've seen A LOT of people switch to it, gaining more yard and a lot more accuracy!
I know your talking about drivers. But check out my post in the G30 iron thread.

I think I'll be going to see our buddy in Frederick very soon. Best thing is he can put both the G30 and D200 on the LM for me. I think they are the top two contenders.

DC MD VA Area Chat

I know that there are not many of us in the area but I wanted to start this as an easier way to look for rounds with fellow THPers. Maybe this will generate some more buzz in the area and we can get some more members from the DMV. ( That was for you Ricky! haha)

I am looking for a 4th this Saturday at Twin Lakes, Lakes course in Clifton, VA. PM if you are interested tee time is 2:15.

Thanks
Just quoting this initial post by TheCrest4 as this thread turns two years old today.

Thanks so so much for starting it Jessie. I've made several new friends as a result.

Last edited:
I know your talking about drivers. But check out my post in the G30 iron thread.

I think I'll be going to see our buddy in Frederick very soon. Best thing is he can put both the G30 and D200 on the LM for me. I think they are the top two contenders.

Bryan carries both and he actually is a great fitter. If you want I can let you know the next time I get an email from him when the PING fitter is. He fit me and is simply amazing

Bryan carries both and he actually is a great fitter. If you want I can let you know the next time I get an email from him when the PING fitter is. He fit me and is simply amazing
Yeah that be cool. Although I might not be able to wait that long...ha

Agreed 1000% on Bryan as a fitter. He fit me for I5's several years back and they were the best irons I've had.

Yeah that be cool. Although I might not be able to wait that long...ha

bryan fit me for I5's several years back and they were the best irons I've had.

He doesn't look the part for sure. He doesn't look like someone who is a great fitter but he really know a what he's doing. When are we getting a group together? I need to get something started

He doesn't look the part for sure. He doesn't look like someone who is a great fitter but he really know a what he's doing. When are we getting a group together? I need to get something started
Yeah. Such an easy guy to talk to. Very unpretentious and will seemingly spend as much time with you as needed. It was cool he is about the same size as me, so he was able to dial in my specs pretty easily.

We we had a good time last weekend. I'm up for doing it again soon. We promised Jessie we'd make it easy for him by trying to get out his way. That shouldn't be too hard for you either.

Yeah. Such an easy guy to talk to. Very unpretentious and will seemingly spend as much time with you as needed. It was cool he is about the same size as me, so he was able to dial in my specs pretty easily.

We we had a good time last weekend. I'm up for doing it again soon. We promised Jessie we'd make it easy for him by trying to get out his way. That shouldn't be too hard for you either.

Where is out his way?

Where is out his way?
dulles/Fairfax/loudon. Any of those. Hoping something convenient to route 15 (selfishly speaking) works out. I love Raspberry Falls, but realize it gets pretty pricey on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back