Android Phone Thread

Loving the G3 so far. The back buttons took some getting used to but I am a big fan of the stock keyboard. Also like that I can knock to turn it on or off. Still finding out different features but I think it's night and day better than the Samsung S4 I was using

Another thing I love about the Nexus that is not uncommon on current phones is both the quick charger and wireless charger. I can't believe neither was included on the g4, I guess they were just banking on the replaceable battery.

Yeah. With 3 qi chargers, it's a must have for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Another thing I love about the Nexus that is not uncommon on current phones is both the quick charger and wireless charger. I can't believe neither was included on the g4, I guess they were just banking on the replaceable battery.
Have you used the quick charge yet? Really 15 minute charge to get 6 hours of battery life seems a little fishy to me

Have you used the quick charge yet? Really 15 minute charge to get 6 hours of battery life seems a little fishy to me

My son just said he uses it on his everyday and it works as advertised. He said the phone gets seriously warm when he uses the quick charge though.

Yep, it seems to get you a bit more than 1 percent per minute. How long that lasts is dependent on your usage, definitely fast though, full charge in less than an hour and a half.
My son just said he uses it on his everyday and it works as advertised. He said the phone gets seriously warm when he uses the quick charge though.

I haven't noticed that, and have used it a bit.

Nexus 6 is happening next week for sure. I think I have to wait till 5 days before my contract end date. I usually order online but I might go into the store or just at least see what kind of screen protectors they have and how expensive.

Nexus 6 is happening next week for sure. I think I have to wait till 5 days before my contract end date. I usually order online but I might go into the store or just at least see what kind of screen protectors they have and how expensive.

Go ahead and order your case and protector, you won't find anything in stores for these.

Someone give me a recommendation. I have reached my upgrade date. I have a Galaxy S4 now. I am open to anything. I am a battery hog if that helps steer your recommendation. I had a brief affair with a Oneplus One and it was just a barely too big for my liking, so phablets are probably out.

Someone give me a recommendation. I have reached my upgrade date. I have a Galaxy S4 now. I am open to anything. I am a battery hog if that helps steer your recommendation. I had a brief affair with a Oneplus One and it was just a barely too big for my liking, so phablets are probably out.

I'm pretty sure you are with Verizon, so for battery life the Droid Turbo can't be beat, and it is just barely bigger than the S4. The other high battery performers are 5.5" or bigger it seems. The G3 or G4 should have decent battery life andfhas a 5.5" screen, but it's overall size is still relatively small. If not on Verizon check out the Sony Xperia Z3. I didn't check into it very far but I think its battery life is supposed to be very good as well.

I'm pretty sure you are with Verizon, so for battery life the Droid Turbo can't be beat, and it is just barely bigger than the S4. The other high battery performers are 5.5" or bigger it seems. The G3 or G4 should have decent battery life andfhas a 5.5" screen, but it's overall size is still relatively small. If not on Verizon check out the Sony Xperia Z3. I didn't check into it very far but I think its battery life is supposed to be very good as well.

I would argue that the Blackberry Passport beats the Droid Turbo in battery life and still runs Android apps.

I would argue that the Blackberry Passport beats the Droid Turbo in battery life and still runs Android apps.

I only found one comparison, and it indicated the Turbo was better there, but you are right the Passport is certainly an option for battery life. But the comparison is moot because the Turbo is only available on Verizon and the Passport is not available on Verizon. But if the that the One Plus One was too big its likely the Passport is too.

I only found one comparison, and it indicated the Turbo was better there, but you are right the Passport is certainly an option for battery life. But the comparison is moot because the Turbo is only available on Verizon and the Passport is not available on Verizon. But if the that the One Plus One was too big its likely the Passport is too.
Turbo has been a solid phone all around so far. The one complaint I have is the audio quality is not the best but it is not awful

On another subject I am curious how many of you guys plan to jump in on googles project fi?

Turbo has been a solid phone all around so far. The one complaint I have is the audio quality is not the best but it is not awful

On another subject I am curious how many of you guys plan to jump in on googles project fi?

Not I, I'm really hesitant to give up my unlimited plan to try something new, it will have to be around a while before I would jump. I am not sure how excited I would be to go to T mobile and Sprints network. And I would worry those companies would pull the plug if it became too popular.

I am with AT&T. The S6 Edge looks cool, but I think I heard complaints about battery life.

EDIT: I heard the battery on the S6 Edge is actually pretty good, at least in comparison to the HTC M3 or iPhone 6.

Last edited:
I am with AT&T. The S6 Edge looks cool, but I think I heard complaints about battery life.

Mixed reviews on battery life. Certainly not the best, but seems ok if you don't mind charging when you get home in the afternoons. But since the Turbo isn't an option, it seems the Z3 is the only option that is in that size that is known for great battery life. But it is getting a little long in tooth.

Mixed reviews on battery life. Certainly not the best, but seems ok if you don't mind charging when you get home in the afternoons. But since the Turbo isn't an option, it seems the Z3 is the only option that is in that size that is known for great battery life. But it is getting a little long in tooth.

In the past I considered the Note (or something like it), but the Oneplus One experience caused me to rethink it. It really couldn't fit in my cup holder in my car and was hard to use. I suspect a Note would be a little more intuitive and has a stylus if battery life is that important to me. I am just glad there are so many choices out there.

Also, the Note 5 looks awesome.

In the past I considered the Note (or something like it), but the Oneplus One experience caused me to rethink it. It really couldn't fit in my cup holder in my car and was hard to use. I suspect a Note would be a little more intuitive and has a stylus if battery life is that important to me. I am just glad there are so many choices out there.

Yeah if you don't mind the bigger screen there are alot of good options for battery life. But in the 5"ish size the Edge isn't a bad option

Go ahead and order your case and protector, you won't find anything in stores for these.
What did you get man? Thinking Spigen for the case and no clue about the protector. I haven't used one on my S4 for a long time, I really am not a fan but I know I need to protect it.

What did you get man? Thinking Spigen for the case and no clue about the protector. I haven't used one on my S4 for a long time, I really am not a fan but I know I need to protect it.

My original choice was Spigen, but reviews were so so on both of the ones I like. I ended up with the Ringke Fusion which had much better reviews. It is fine, fits well and the buttons are great on it. But I don't love the feel of the rubber on the sides. I might order a Spigen soon to compare it to. For screen protectors I have used the Zagg glass in the past. I love it, I can't stand the feel of the rubbery/plasticky screen protectors, but the true glass has done a great job of protecting the screen while still feeling like a normal screen. With that being said the Zagg Nexus case apparently struggles to stay suck on the edges due to the curvature of the phone. So with that in mind I just ordered the one below. Reviews are great and the price is much better than the Zagg. I will let you know when I get it put on, most likely on Tuesday since I'll be gone this weekend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWL33OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My original choice was Spigen, but reviews were so so on both of the ones I like. I ended up with the Ringke Fusion which had much better reviews. It is fine, fits well and the buttons are great on it. But I don't love the feel of the rubber on the sides. I might order a Spigen soon to compare it to. For screen protectors I have used the Zagg glass in the past. I love it, I can't stand the feel of the rubbery/plasticky screen protectors, but the true glass has done a great job of protecting the screen while still feeling like a normal screen. With that being said the Zagg Nexus case apparently struggles to stay suck on the edges due to the curvature of the phone. So with that in mind I just ordered the one below. Reviews are great and the price is much better than the Zagg. I will let you know when I get it put on, most likely on Tuesday since I'll be gone this weekend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWL33OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I loved the Spigen Neo hybrid case but the damn outside ring broke on me like 3 times. Its fine if you never take it off but is pretty flimsy. Ive been using a Speck case for months now and its a fantastic case.

I loved the Spigen Neo hybrid case but the damn outside ring broke on me like 3 times. Its fine if you never take it off but is pretty flimsy. Ive been using a Speck case for months now and its a fantastic case.
I liked both the neo hybrid and slim armor cases, although I broke a couple rings as well on the neo. But both are slightly different on the Nexus, and reviews weren't stellar.

I've been very happy with my speck as well, but they don't have a nexus 6 case

Thanks again man. Going to order this today probably so it gets here this week in preparation for the Nexus arrival. Still going back and worth on the case, kinda like the one with the clear back now. Haha

Check out the sup case as well, seems to be a good option.

Check out the sup case as well, seems to be a good option.
These look great and seem to get good reviews from what I have read. Definitely a contender

S4 on Verizon just got the Lollipop Update and man this thing is awesome. Still on the NOVA launcher but what I am seeing so far has me thinking about seeing what TouchWiz looks like.... Hahaha I can't believe I just typed that

My two year old S4 had the same update on the 8th, too. Seemed fine at first, and I agree the new look was great. Then, last Saturday the phone turned itself off and didn't turn back on. Couldn't do anything, so popped the battery and back in business. Then this past Monday afternoon, on the first hole of 18 I planned to play, the S4 began turning itself on and off, non stop, couldn't do anything. Quit in the middle of my golf round and headed to Verizon. They couldn't keep it turned on either, so I upgraded to the S5.

Much better now!

Back