NorCal January golf together Jan 28-29 fun stuff!

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
This is the thread for our January 2017 golf outing. The scheduled dates are January 28,29, 2017. The goal is to get as many norcal'ers along with anybody else who wants to play to join us for a couple days of golf, and fun. Wives and fam are certainly invited, we will make sure to provide them things to do while we are hitting the ball!

As always, we want to keep the event affordable, I'll shop deals so we don't go broke, lol. My place is available for those of you who don't mind an air bed, lol. Hickster, like Hickster does, has already called dibs on the guest room, lol.

Based on responses and course locations, it appears wwe will be playing The Ridge on Saturday and Haggin Oaks (Alister) on Sunday.

Sunday ill schedule something in the morning/mid morning, so travel back home will be easy.

Below is course info:

https://www.hagginoaks.com/alister-mackenzie/scorecard/

https://www.ridgegc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=9271

Crew in so far:

The Ridge Saturday 1030 and 1040 hours.

1.Plinyyounger -PAID
2.TeeitupNorCal - PAID
3.J-Pin - PAID
4.Time4tim - PAID
5.Duffer2 - PAID
6.Mancest - PAID
7.Brianbigoats - PAID
8. Mikey Pliny's +1 -PAID

Haggin Oaks Sunday 0915 and 0924 hours.

1. Pliny
2. Teeitup
3. J-pin
4. Time4tim
5. Duffer
6. Mancest
7. Platoon
8. Danny
9. Shankyou

Pairings for Saturday:

Group 1. Brian, Roger, Teeitup, J-pin. Brian knows the course
Group 2. Tim, Duff, Mike, Pliny. Pliny & Mike know the course

Pairings for Sunday:

Group 1. Shank, Platoon, Danny, Duff. Platoon knows the course.
Group 2. Teeitup, Roger, Tim, J-pin, Plinyyounger. Pliny knows the course.

Last edited:
Who is mr.hickstER?

Asking for a friend :wink:

I might be good to play on Sunday. Saddle creek one of my fav's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddle Creek looks freakin' fantastic. I'm definitely up for that one!

I might be good to play on Sunday. Saddle creek one of my fav's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, we will note your saddlecreek preference. Stay tuned for the course descions!

This is the thread for our January 2017 golf outing. The scheduled dates are January 28,29, 2017. The goal is to get as many norcal'ers along with anybody else who wants to play to join us for a couple days of golf, and fun. Wives and fam are certainly invited, we will make sure to provide them things to do while we are hitting the ball!

As always, we want to keep the event affordable, I'll shop deals so we don't go broke, lol. My place is available for those of you who don't mind an air bed, lol. Hickster, like Hickster does, has already called dibs on the guest room, lol.

We are looking to play Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning. Castle Oaks is fun track that is south of Sacramento and therefore a shorter drive for those who will drive up on Saturday. Saddle creek is also awesome and is even a little further south of sac (about 1 1/2 hours).

Sunday ill schedule something in the morning/mid morning, so travel back home will be easy.

ill post some tracks, and we can make a joint descion on which ones we want to play!

http://www.hagginoaks.com/alister-mackenzie/scorecard/

http://www.castleoaksgolf.com/course-information/

http://www.applemountaingolfresort.com/

http://www.saddlecreekgolf.com/golf-course/course-information-2

http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Turkey-Creek-Golf-Club/Golf/Course

Crew in so far:

Plinyyounger
TheHeez
TheHeez+1
Mr.Hicksta
TeeitupNorCal
JohnPJr

Ken, if you have room on the floor, I will take a spot. Much appreciated as always. Any of the courses is fine with me.

Ken, if you have room on the floor, I will take a spot. Much appreciated as always. Any of the courses is fine with me.

Sounds good, you got it.

Looks like we have 8 so far which is fantastic! Can't wait to tee it up with everybody in a few weeks at Silverado.

Last edited:
Keeping the conversation alive! Looking forward to seeing my NorCal brothers in a week!

I am down to play at least one of those days

I am down to play at least one of those days

Sounds good. Let me know which day you would like to join!

For now, for the Saturday round, I am going to try and choose a course south of Sac (Saddle Creek possibly among others) so our central and Bay Area folks won't have to travel as far for our first round.

The second day I want to keep close to sac, so again travel will be easier. Lots have expressed interest in the old Haggin Oaks course because of its history, so that's a possibility. It was built in the 20's, so there are more challenging places, but the history lesson would be fun for everybody who hasn't had the chance to play there.

Input is strongly encouraged!

Stay tuned!

Sounds good. Let me know which day you would like to join!

For now, for the Saturday round, I am going to try and choose a course south of Sac (Saddle Creek possibly among others) so our central and Bay Area folks won't have to travel as far for our first round.

The second day I want to keep close to sac, so again travel will be easier. Lots have expressed interest in the old Haggin Oaks course because of its history, so that's a possibility. It was built in the 20's, so there are more challenging places, but the history lesson would be fun for everybody who hasn't had the chance to play there.

Input is strongly encouraged!

Stay tuned!

I vote for Saddle Creek and Haggin Oaks. Both courses are fun and have a great layout. It has been a while since I played Saddle Creek so I look forward to it.

Hey guys..i have changed my forum name from johnpjr to J-Pin

Pliny have the courses been decided on yet?

Pliny have the courses been decided on yet?

For the most part. Saturday will be either Saddle Creek or Castle Oaks, leaning toward Castle since the courses are very similar but Castle is cheaper and easier to get to. Day two will mist likely be Haggin, cheap, near the highway for easy get away, and cool history.

Always open for suggestions!

For the most part. Saturday will be either Saddle Creek or Castle Oaks, leaning toward Castle since the courses are very similar but Castle is cheaper and easier to get to. Day two will mist likely be Haggin, cheap, near the highway for easy get away, and cool history.

Works for me!

Works for me too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Presuming later morning at Castle and earlier at Alister??

Oops, I guess I should let you know I'm in. :dohanim:

As much as I would like to play Saddle Creek again, its a bit of a haul to get there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

As much as I would like to play Saddle Creek again, its a bit of a haul to get there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
That's why we are leaning toward Castle Oaks, Saddle Creek is pretty far East.

I am down to play castle one of my favorite local courses

Back