TLink Golf GPS Band Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Dean.

As someone who uses a gps watch I was interested to hear your thoughts on this one. For the price point it seems like there are enough benefits to overlook some of the device shortcomings.

Having to have the cell phone on you or near you connected via Bluetooth would be a deal breaker for me as I use my phone to play music on the course, but I like the overall aspects/benefits of this device.

Overall I can appreciate the technology packed into a small unit.

For the price point it definitely is a great unit for people looking to get into the wearable GPS units. It would annoy me to have to switch holes since I have a competitor brand that does it seamlessly but my battery life stinks. Great review Dean.

Really good review Dean. For that price point someone looking for GPS can get in fairly inexpensive. One great thing about THP reviews in general is even the negatives get mentioned, as a consumer I appreciate that big time and is why I always get my reviews here first.

I realize its not required and while its not a deal breaker, the phone in the pocket is starting to become a trend with a lot of these devices and I am not a huge fan.

Thanks for the early reads fellas. Appreciate it.

For the price point it definitely is a great unit for people looking to get into the wearable GPS units. It would annoy me to have to switch holes since I have a competitor brand that does it seamlessly but my battery life stinks. Great review Dean.

Yeah it was just hit and miss for me on the auto switch, which was more annoying than if it just didn't work the entire time. When I expected it to work, it didn't always, and when I expected it not to work, it would work. I tested a similar style watch last year that I needed the phone on me to work, and this one is far and away superior IMO. For the price, I like it. I think the company really got that part right. Battery life on my phone was normally down between 20%-30% after a round, and most of those were between 3-4 hours.

Which band are you using?

Really good review Dean. For that price point someone looking for GPS can get in fairly inexpensive. One great thing about THP reviews in general is even the negatives get mentioned, as a consumer I appreciate that big time and is why I always get my reviews here first.

I realize its not required and while its not a deal breaker, the phone in the pocket is starting to become a trend with a lot of these devices and I am not a huge fan.

same here, esp as phones are getting bigger. When I played with my iPhone 5s it wasn't much of problem. Throw the Nexus 6p in the pocket and that really bugged me on the course.

Good detailed review Dean. While I understand the concept of reducing the size and eschewing the GPS, but I'd rather have a bulkier unit and either strap it to my bag or using a bigger watch.

Once I have my phone on me, it wouldn't be too much more of an effort to just use that app instead.

• Admin
Good detailed review Dean. While I understand the concept of reducing the size and eschewing the GPS, but I'd rather have a bulkier unit and either strap it to my bag or using a bigger watch.

Once I have my phone on me, it wouldn't be too much more of an effort to just use that app instead.

Im conflicted on it. I understand the reasoning, just not sure which I prefer. I dont wear a watch though, but I do keep one strapped to my bag or waist.

I did do that at times too. I thought the app was clean and easy to use. Sure there are areas in which it could expand, and maybe it will. Overall though for the price, not a bad gadget.

Question I have. Is this the new trend? Meaning smaller and lighter mixed with phone or are we closer to seeing it phased out for all in one smart phones.

I've had one for nearly a year, birthday present from my sister, and enjoy it for what it is. Gives me front, middle and back, I'll figure the rest out as needed.
The phone doesn't really bother me as I usually either have it on me or I'm walking and it's on my push cart.

It's made it through 4-5 rounds without charging a couple of times.

I'd recommend it.

Question I have. Is this the new trend? Meaning smaller and lighter mixed with phone or are we closer to seeing it phased out for all in one smart phones.

I'm hoping just a trend or alternate option. I'm still a fan of the normal watch, and I don't like what it does do my phone battery.

I've had one for nearly a year, birthday present from my sister, and enjoy it for what it is. Gives me front, middle and back, I'll figure the rest out as needed.
The phone doesn't really bother me as I usually either have it on me or I'm walking and it's on my push cart.

It's made it through 4-5 rounds without charging a couple of times.

I'd recommend it.

Nice. I never hit the 5 round mark with mine, but had weekends where I played a bunch of rounds without it dying.
Did you see the issues with the auto hole change at all, where it just doesn't do it? I had it on multiple courses.
Overall though, I have no issues recommending.

Im thinking of something like this as a secondary option just clipped to my bag. Not sure entirely, but I kind of like it.

Solid review Dean. This is the first gps wrist wearable that I am actually interested in. Watches annoy me while swinging, but never had a problem wearing a fitness tracker. This looks very similar to a fitness tracker I used in the past. I need to snag one of these.

Nice. I never hit the 5 round mark with mine, but had weekends where I played a bunch of rounds without it dying.
Did you see the issues with the auto hole change at all, where it just doesn't do it? I had it on multiple courses.
Overall though, I have no issues recommending.

It does have issues with changing holes but I can't see it being a big turn off. It's a simple push of a button, it ain't that complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does have issues with changing holes but I can't see it being a big turn off. It's a simple push of a button, it ain't that complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope it's not. Simple push of a button. Was just curious if it was just my unit or location. I was impressed with this thing. I think the stat tracking add on feature is cool. Do you use that?

Got this emailed to me. Pretty good deal for anyone interested

125cdbe0a2185294d0317d2e245a6ff1.jpg

Back