Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta Driver Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, I haven't had time to take pics, but I wanted to get the thread up. I'll get to the pics as soon as I can.

prodbig.jpg

Company Info:

The new E8 Beta adjustable driver features a 440cc low-spin, deeper-faced head that produces a slightly lower, more penetrating trajectory. The driver’s Beta titanium face delivers Exotics legendary power and feel. To deliver elite performance for players with faster swing speeds, the Beta utilizes a higher, more forward center of gravity position to produce a powerful launch with less spin.

The E8 Beta features one head with adjustable loft options from 8.5 to 12 degrees in ½ degree increments. This advanced versatility gives players the ultimate control in achieving optimal distance and accuracy.

The Power Grid on the Beta model is strategically narrower than on the E8. This allows the center of gravity to be positioned closer to the face in the Beta, creating a powerful launch with minimal spin. The Power Grid cells are aligned in offsetting rows, strengthening the design and allowing the cells to be made thinner for added flexibility and a more powerful launch.

Variable face thickness technology offers multiple levels of thickness that maximize the spring-like effect from more points on the face, especially in the heel and toe areas.

The Beta includes an added adjustability option by incorporating an interchangeable sole weight. The driver comes standard with a 7-gram weight in the sole, but can be changed with the purchase of an optional weight kit. The three-piece weight kit includes a 5-gram, 10-gram, and an 12-gram weight.

Specs:

-440cc
-45"
-Single loft head adjustable from 8.5° to 12°
-Stock shaft is either Aldila Rogue Black 60 or Silver 60 (70 in X Flex)
-Interchangeble weights available for purchase 5g, 10g, 15g (7g weight comes in driver)

DSCN6134-L.jpg

DSCN6138-L.jpg

DSCN6139-M.jpg

DSCN6143-L.jpg

DSCN6135-L.jpg

DSCN6146-L.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
Did get a chance for a first outing with the E8 Beta yesterday and have a few initial thoughts.

-Matte Black head and nice compact shape, but not intimidatingly small at address. I know it's 440cc, but I actually didn't even remember that until I just looked at the specs again.
-Rogue Silver seemed a little stouter than it did in the D2, but it's the same shaft as far as I can tell. Mind probably playing tricks on me.
-Definitely a low spinner and launch was lower than some other drivers I've tested recently, but it wasn't out of this world. Low to mid 2k's. I did bump the loft from 9.5° to 12° after about five swings and that improved it.
-To my eyes, bumping up the loft seemed to really close the face up. Seems obvious, but worth noting.
-Ball speeds seemed normal, as did distance. Got more roll out than I saw with either of the two Cobra drivers thanks to the lower spin/flatter land angle.
-It's loud. Very loud. Baseball bat territory.

Do you think 20 cc and corresponding weight difference could cause the shaft to feel more stout?

Good stuff so far, Hawk. I thought the Rogue Silver was a good pairing with the head. I didn't notice the sound when I tried it, but I was in a bay.

• Staff
Do you think 20 cc and corresponding weight difference could cause the shaft to feel more stout?

Hard to say, but my theory is just that my head tells me it is based off the numbers I saw (related to the head).

Good stuff so far, Hawk. I thought the Rogue Silver was a good pairing with the head. I didn't notice the sound when I tried it, but I was in a bay.

Did you like it when you hit it? Seems like it has the potential be a pretty good option for you.

I do like adjustable drivers with only one head, nice to have that many adjustments available in a single head.

I have always stayed away from the Exotics line because I've felt they were difficult to elevate. Has this changed or are they still a low launcher.

• Staff
I have always stayed away from the Exotics line because I've felt they were difficult to elevate. Has this changed or are they still a low launcher.

Definitely lower than the Fly Z driver I've been testing Freddie. By a decent margin. Both launch angle and spin were lower.

Did you like it when you hit it? Seems like it has the potential be a pretty good option for you.

It was on a simulator, so I always take those results with a grain of salt but the numbers and dispersion were good. It's one where I would probably want to hit outside before buying though.

I will be following this one.

Is it safe to assume it's the same adaptor as the E7 where in the lower lofts it sits at 3 degrees open? That would be a concern I have with some company's adaptors that handle so many lofts with one head.

Hawk, your thoughts are spot on. The sound is crazy loud.

It's like the g30 had a r1 baby.

So, loud and high pitched.

Scrap, I am not sure the exact number , but I do think you'll see an open face with lower loft based on how it looks in higher loft (quite closed).

It's like the g30 had a r1 baby.

Oh dear god, I hope they it comes with the wrench and ear plugs for your playing partners. It's going to need a stellar performance for me to consider it.

Definitely lower than the Fly Z driver I've been testing Freddie. By a decent margin. Both launch angle and spin were lower.
That's what I remember from early on when I tried hitting them. Great looking but they don't fit my swing

Someone was crushing this at Golfsmith this afternoon (not me). It's a great looking club. The sound is good too ... I didn't find it to be overly loud at all. Maybe indoor acoustics at play?

Yea maybe. It's unmistakeably loud to my ears and that's fine. It's certainly not alone as a loud 2015 driver.

I played a TEE driver years ago and it was a solid performer but as Freddie stated I had trouble getting it elevated. I will follow along and see what you find as you test this one Hawk. Good stuff so far buddy.

Back