Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to pile on the depression of living in upstate NY, the latest long range weather forecast that I have seen calls for a cold March and April. We may not see the ground until May.

I feel a Pinehurst or True Blue long weekend coming on.

Just to pile on the depression of living in upstate NY, the latest long range weather forecast that I have seen calls for a cold March and April. We may not see the ground until May.

I saw/heard that as well. Calling for a cold March and April like well below average and a really warm May, June, and July. I honestly have prepped myself to start planning on not playing around here till May.

I saw/heard that as well. Calling for a cold March and April like well below average and a really warm May, June, and July. I honestly have prepped myself to start planning on not playing around here till May.

Pretty much the last thing I wanted to hear. It might still be pretty cold for the Turning Stone tournament.

Great, a cold March and April. it's not like I have a Bridgestone tournament at the end of May to prep for...

Great, a cold March and April. it's not like I have a Bridgestone tournament at the end of May to prep for...

That over a month after the Bstone event in mid April I'd like to be warmed up for lol. I feel sorry for my partner now.

e5cf94523507020eefb186554d77f698.jpg
this was depressing to see...my town leading the way and man has it been brutal coldest ive seen was -37 I'm ready for spring and warm weather

New guy question. I've been on this site for about eight months now and see that many people are able to hit different clubs with different shafts-both after market options and stock options. How or where is this done?? I just don't see these options available. GG in Paramus has one or two stock shaft options to hit, one club fitter I found offers Accra shafts only in the heads he currently has on hand. Acer and Wishon. SO, where do you go to hit brand name clubs with after market shafts? a Cally 815 or a Titleist 915 in something other than the stock offerings?

You'd need to find a local fitter with better inventory or a big box store like golf galaxy or dick's sporting goods.

I know it's at least an hour from Cornwall, but Exit 8 golf shop in Halfmoon has more than 2 options. Though not sure if you can hit there in the winter. It's also moslty driver shafts that they can change out. You can hit any non-demo club, but they cover it up with tape to protect it so they can still sell it. Look for manufacturer demo days if your looking at irons or wedges.

I have some time off to take before the end of the month, how far south do you guys think I have to go to play a few rounds?

anyone down for a road trip?

I have some time off to take before the end of the month, how far south do you guys think I have to go to play a few rounds?

Probably have to go to the Carolina's or maybe farther! Wish I had the vaca time to do so.

V.Man was saying that he got snow in GEORGIA the other day. It's been a crazy winter; and we're getting another 2" to 4" tonight. :surrender:

V.Man was saying that he got snow in GEORGIA the other day. It's been a crazy winter; and we're getting another 2" to 4" tonight. :surrender:

I've been talking to the MD crowd yesterday, seems like there is some hope for late march golf in the Baltimore area

I've been talking to the MD crowd yesterday, seems like there is some hope for late march golf in the Baltimore area

We are supposed to get 4-8" tomorrow in the DC area, a little more baltimore and north. but next week is mid - upper 40s. should melt all the snow and if it stays warm golf is in the near future.

We are supposed to get 4-8" tomorrow in the DC area, a little more baltimore and north. but next week is mid - upper 40s. should melt all the snow and if it stays warm golf is in the near future.

This is music to my ears.

This is music to my ears.
We are supposed to get a couple of cold days and then it is supposed to start warming up over the weekend. Forecast has mid-50s by middle of next week. Looks like we are starting to turn the corner here as well.

so..... roadtrip?

I would so love to do that but I'm still trying to fanagle my Pittsburgh plans so it's not in my future unfortunately.

you guys will be there sooner rather than later. I am hoping for you guys March quiets down and at least lets early april start the season.

yeah I don't think we will play golf here before june

Once it hits the 40's consistently and the snow melts, I will be out on whatever course allows me to play! I am itcing to play.

I read we are supposed to have a colder than normal March and a warmer than normal April. I also read that we should expect a warmer than normal September and October but all this comes with a lot of rain.

I read we are supposed to have a colder than normal March and a warmer than normal April. I also read that we should expect a warmer than normal September and October but all this comes with a lot of rain.
Glad I invested in some quality Footjoy rain gear and a waterproof golf bag over the off-season!

I actually saw colder than normal March and April but much warmer May, June, July but saw the predicted rain as well.

Guess we're in for an "all carry" season. sprinkled with lots of fat chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back