Coldest temperature you've ever hit in?

I absolutely despise cold weather, so I could not imagine playing golf in anything under mid 40s.

32* froze my ### probably wouldn't do it again worse part was not being able to get a tee in the ground...
410550206.jpg

GolfinFF, my son and I played east of Indy once and hit a few shots onto some of the ponds. Yep. We could pretty much walk right out and get them. Frozen solid. It was kind of fun until about the 14th.
Hmm.. I see a trend with GolfinFF. We got to play last year right around 32 degrees. The cold was manageable but the snow got old.

beff31c00bcc69fbd7b2c60a55b4e76c.jpg

Under 30° F is all I can say for sure. The Denver course my buddy and I would play occasionally during midwinter used to plow the fairways and shovel off the greens. We played as long as there was no wind.

Several years ago I played in 10 degree weather. On a long dogleg right par 4, I drove the green by bouncing my drive across the lake that protects the inside of the dogleg.

I've played a few times when it was under 30 degrees. If there is no wind, playing conditions aren't usually too bad. However when your pitching wedge lands in the trap and bounces 30' in the air, or you hit the green with your lob wedge only to hear "ping" and watch your ball carom 15' in the air, it might be a bit tooooo cold to play.

Several years ago I played in 10 degree weather. On a long dogleg right par 4, I drove the green by bouncing my drive across the lake that protects the inside of the dogleg.

That's just crazy. I couldn't imagine being out in that cold long enough for just one hole.

But now when you play that hole you can tell your partners...did I ever tell you about the time I drove this green :)

SaA

Back when I was 28-30 years old, I played a few times in 35-37degree weather. I had just started playing, and couldn't get enough golf.

It was an older well established course. The owner told us to not get on the greens when it is around freezing. He said hit it close to the green, pick it up and go on. Don't know if it mattered, but he was nice enough to open and let us play.
Every couple of holes we would have to pull out the choke to get the cart to start.

No way I would or could do that now.

Jack

That's just crazy. I couldn't imagine being out in that cold long enough for just one hole.

But now when you play that hole you can tell your partners...did I ever tell you about the time I drove this green :)

SaA

It was fun, but man was it cold. After I drove that green, one of the other guys tried it. He almost made it, but his ball got stuck in a footprint in the ice about 8 feet from shore. He wanted to drop it there, but since he never re-crossed the hazard line he had to either walk the ice and chip it or go back...waaaay back and drop it. He walked the ice very gingerly and chipped out of the footprint to the fairway. No way would I have walked that ice.

About 6 weeks ago I played about my coldest round. Started at 38* and it warmed up to about 43*. It was a calm and sunny day and I was walking so it wasn't too bad. I think I could go a coupla degrees cooler.

Back