Honma Coming to the US

I've hit the Honma TW717 430cc driver. Should come as no surprise to anyone but I really liked it! The sound was what I listen for when hitting a driver. Just gave nice, solid feedback...like I was connected to it. I love the look of the smaller heads on drivers. I have more confidence in them going straight. The bigger they are the more they want to sit open to me and off to the right with my driver is never a good spot.

Ahh I see, that is a solid price point. Glad to see some more names and options for all golfers. Always would see one or two at a PGA Superstore but never got around to trying it out.

Correct. The entire TW737 is priced inline with the rest of the premium offerings from other companies. I agree, it's great to see more choices out there.

Interesting news yesterday as Honma announced their 2017 Annual Results (fiscal calendar).
Up 12.7% in constant currency
Year over year growth in every market they are in
And this crazy number. Tour World and Be Zeal line combined growth was over 120%, which during the call confirmed their continued plan to dive deeper into the core golfer and consumer segments.

#upandcomer....or here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#upandcomer....or here?

Hard to say. I would say here, in many of their markets and up and coming in the US market. I have known for years they were doing well in Japan and Korea and China growth were seriously substantial with S. Korean growth topping over 21%. The US will be slow and steady rather than bottle rocket marketing, but I expect really good things because they have really good people making the decisions and continue to hire some of the best available in each area.

Cool to see the brand growing and making inroads. Love what I've seen from the Honma stuff so far. I'm set for irons right now, but could see putting the TW737 line in play in the near future.

Interesting news yesterday as Honma announced their 2017 Annual Results (fiscal calendar).
And this crazy number. Tour World and Be Zeal line combined growth was over 120%, which during the call confirmed their continued plan to dive deeper into the core golfer and consumer segments.

Those are some great numbers

I know they've been around for a while, but do you think they decided to make the jump to the US based on the success of other premium lines (PXG) ?

Those are some great numbers

I know they've been around for a while, but do you think they decided to make the jump to the US based on the success of other premium lines (PXG) ?

Honestly no. It was a plan all along after they had the influx of capital when they went public. They have seen small successes from other premium lines (before PXG) and since they were kind of the king of the mountain in that arena knew it was coming here eventually. It was about finding the right people to make it happen and that took quite a bit of time.

The surprise I'm getting from the Honma exposure is that a lot of their products don't really hit that top tier, exclusive pricing. I'm sure they offer that as well, but the Tour World stuff looks as premium as any other line and is priced right in line with a lot of typical offerings.

Very cool to see they're doing it the right way and that helps to explain the numbers

Honestly no. It was a plan all along after they had the influx of capital when they went public. They have seen small successes from other premium lines (before PXG) and since they were kind of the king of the mountain in that arena knew it was coming here eventually. It was about finding the right people to make it happen and that took quite a bit of time.

Plus I wouldn't say the TW line is "cheap", but they aren't in the "ultra premium" or whatever you want to call that market that PXG lives in. 1K for irons, $500 for drivers is there in the high end of the mainstream brands. Of course, as you said - they've got tons of experience in that other segment as well.

I'm not deeply versed in the golf market share, but that sounds like good gains for a relatively new brand stateside. They have an iron lineup that is really intriguing and has me wanting to learn more.

Plus I wouldn't say the TW line is "cheap", but they aren't in the "ultra premium" or whatever you want to call that market that PXG lives in. 1K for irons, $500 for drivers is there in the high end of the mainstream brands. Of course, as you said - they've got tons of experience in that other segment as well.

Yeah that is a very good point. They came and launched with the Tour World line which falls in line with many other club prices, rather than the XXIO or PXG pricing. All of the while, they still had the Beres line which based on diamond number goes up and up and dwarfs the others.

Was watching the BMW both Saturday and Sunday morning and I really liked the Honma logo worn by Hideto Tanihara. I first became aware of it when he was in the match play duel with DJ recently in the states. Cool design, glad to hear they're making the move over to this side and hope they do well!

Hard to say. I would say here, in many of their markets and up and coming in the US market. I have known for years they were doing well in Japan and Korea and China growth were seriously substantial with S. Korean growth topping over 21%. The US will be slow and steady rather than bottle rocket marketing, but I expect really good things because they have really good people making the decisions and continue to hire some of the best available in each area.

The products are stunning thus far

Never have hit any of their clubs so I really don't know what to expect. Looking at the pictures of the TW line it kind of reminds me of TM "P" line of irons.

Looking at the Honma site a bit more this morning, came across the G1X series of irons, which I hadn't seen before.

https://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/item/club/iron_g1x.html

Is this line targeted for the US market? I ask because of the use of the TT XP95 shaft (instead of the Nippon shaft used in most of the Honma lines, at least in steel) and that the copy on the page seems more "natural" and less of a translation. Well, at least for some of them - the driver page is still clearly a translation, but I remember that being shared back when, because that's the cool adapter that lets you change length as well.

Looking at the Honma site a bit more this morning, came across the G1X series of irons, which I hadn't seen before.

https://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/item/club/iron_g1x.html

Is this line targeted for the US market? I ask because of the use of the TT XP95 shaft (instead of the Nippon shaft used in most of the Honma lines, at least in steel) and that the copy on the page seems more "natural" and less of a translation. Well, at least for some of them - the driver page is still clearly a translation, but I remember that being shared back when, because that's the cool adapter that lets you change length as well.

I dont believe so.
Check out HonmaGolfUSa.com

The driver I hit last season was a pleasant surprise. The irons were really nice albiet a little high launching for me. Worth a swing or three if you haven't hit their clubs for sure.

I dont believe so.
Check out HonmaGolfUSa.com

Ah, I was looking at the english language Japanese site, and not the USA site. This is all a lot easier to follow now.

Back