I love that my family watches Lotte for us during the day and she doesn't go to daycare, but when I forget a discussion about re-arranging days so my MIL can go on a trip and feel like a jackass, it makes me sad and feel like I'm taking advantage of them.

Ugh. I hate being the bad guy.
You're not a bad guy at all buddy, my MIL watches my oldest before and after school, she loves doing it, and when her schedule changes a bit, between my wife, me and my mother we find a way to make it all work. Trust me, grandparents love the time they get to spend with their grandchildren, and when they don't get it, they miss it big time!

0bfc7a03357b242d6dc8c9fc077e261b.jpg

abf0153bb980814dcc8b4f68cf2b1a88.jpg

2e30025aacb6efdc2bdc517d84db41b7.jpg

Final piece of the back yard built. We have our trampoline again. Between that, the playground (came with the house), a little rock wall, and the pool we can safely say "Operation Go Do Something" is in full swing.

As a personal lines underwriter, the trampoline gives me heartburn!

They are fun though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3525493a372a8d1a75227e5cde844266.jpg

I can remember doing this as a child with my Dad now I'm doing it again with my Grand daughter. Loving it.

So, bigger issue has been uncovered.

Amanda and I are INSANELY easy going when it comes to Charlotte, we made a deal that we wouldn't freak out about the little stuff. We also, as many new parents do, get told a LOT what we are doing wrong by family, we just smile and move on about it. Apparently the other day we upset my MIL with that and made her feel like we didn't care what she thought. NOT at all the case, but its such a rock and hard spot situation. Never ever want her to feel unappreciated, she's taking care of Lotte 4 days a week while we work and saves us all sorts of @$$ but more importantly lets us KNOW shes safe and loved during the day.

Ugh.

There is no right and wrong way to bring up your children. All you can do is learn from how your parents brought you up and adapt that to suit your life and needs of your children.

My brother and I were brought up quite strictly by our Step-father and he gave us his values albeit not quite in a happy way. Hopefully myself and my brother have passed those values on to our children and now my grand daughter but in a more (or at least in our minds) relaxed happier fashion. I think parenting is all about evolving and passing on knowledge and family values. So long as the parents are happy and more importantly the children are happy that's all that matters.

The wife surprised me with this picture via text while at work. It was her first time taking our son to golf class. She scored some major parenting brownie points today!

226856e9cf6835a1bd4032b012593bb8.jpg

Today, was a pretty bad day.
My son lost control of his car on slick roads, spun around a couple times, hit a road marker, Busted the front end of his car up a bit, flat tires and bent rims.

I handled it poorly, yelled at him.
Later apologized, but feel horrible.

This could have ended very badly, luckily it didn't.

Parents of driving teens, or about to drive teens, please remind them to be careful.
At any instant, their lives, and the lives around them could be taken by the 2500 pound missile they are piloting.

Glad to hear your son is ok CJ and nobody was injured. I'm sure many of us would have reacted that way at first. I do not look forward to the day my kids get behind the wheel.

6d7954ea52a4df4a10aeb368a10dba44.jpg

f05658e9d46199229082f4b490859156.jpg

CJ I'm glad to hear your son is OK. I busted up my car driving in snow when I was a teenager, and let me tell you, I'm almost 40 and it's stayed with me since then. I'm over-cautious now in snowy conditions (which happens plenty here in MA) and thankfully have never had another issue *knock on wood*. I think your son will be a lot more cautious in bad weather from here on out. As far as the yelling - we're parents and we make mistakes too. I've apologized to my kids more than once for overreacting or reacting the wrong way. Good on you for apologizing, I know some parents who never would think of doing that.

Today, was a pretty bad day.
My son lost control of his car on slick roads, spun around a couple times, hit a road marker, Busted the front end of his car up a bit, flat tires and bent rims.

I handled it poorly, yelled at him.
Later apologized, but feel horrible.

This could have ended very badly, luckily it didn't.

Parents of driving teens, or about to drive teens, please remind them to be careful.
At any instant, their lives, and the lives around them could be taken by the 2500 pound missile they are piloting.

Glad to hear your son is ok CJ.

Glad your son is ok CJ

Kiddo went from having nights with 103-104 temp's to being cold (97*), clammy, and sweaty. I hope this means that the antibiotics are working and he's on the mend, though it's another sleepless night as I watch over the little fella.

Both mom and dad would do anything to suffer in his stead, just no way to facilitate such.

Hope your little guy feels better soon Deuce. I hate that helpless feeling.

My daughter is celebrating her 3rd bday today. We decided to stop using binkies at night this week. I'm tired... I'm thinking maybe we should have waited until after the party to implement the binky shutdown..

Twins just started sleeping though the night about a week and half ago which has been awesome. Last night one of the little gentlemen decided he was not going to make that happen. He got up about about 345 and didn't go back down till 430. We are dragging a little bit today haha

All decked out for Masters Sunday!

deaa146b70ace5d44d79eaacd69a27c3.jpg

I thought you had a girl. I mean no disrespect.

Didn't think you did, but his hair has resulted in him being called a girl at times. He's already had it cut twice, and my wife doesn't want to cut it very much.

He looks like a big little dude Amol.

It's amazing how fast they grow! Lookin' good buddy!

My kid is 9 months old and still wakes up 3-4 times a night. Me and my wife both work so we are about to go nutz!

We ran the kids ragged today so they would be in need of quiet time while The Masters is on. Mission Accomplished.

b287d982994a8498bda3d9317a3570e4.jpg

Back