While Amanda is on nights this month, I'm the lucky parent who gets to try and move Lotte from the bedside bassinet to the crib in her room.

This, is going to suck. Watching her on camera now, she's rolling back to tummy to back and staring at the camera, but not crying at least.
I had this exact task. We moved to Cali last Sept for my wife's job. I didn't have one and she travels for work a lot. While she was gone for a week I got our little guy sleep trained. There was a lot of cry some by him but we are all better rested becasue of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

c551c8de4c39bbfe9a146d6bdd33f1d3.jpg

183cf866ca95201960da710efc6d2ef8.jpg

Last year someone posted a pic of their new born in their golf bag. Any idea who? I am trying to show my wife, my sons due at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5fb6e8e0e3dad88daed18b3286b01ffe.jpg

My 14 year old daughter is now on Facebook.

Hoo boy...

Want to send a big congratulations to my close friend @Taos who just found out, less than an hour ago, his wife and him are having a boy in a few months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy 4th of July all!

a4b80dbc5e786e7101cb700cbf15a61c.jpg

Distressing news from the ocean!

814a4c5d3e506aba4736e18f0da3a0c9.jpg

Day 2 of crib sleep, begins now.

Wish me luck.

Day 2 of crib sleep, begins now.

Wish me luck.
Good luck! As the father of a 11-month old girl, I know what your going through. It's a cliché, and I always hated when people told me, but it's so true: It's probably harder for you than for the little angel, and it will get better...

Parenting Thread

What an awesome weekend with the wife and kids. Sort of disconnected myself from the outside world just to make sure I had as much quality family time as possible. Work and bills and all that crap had been getting to me and I had been spending a little too much time on my phone while home with the family. So this weekend was a great "get away" from all that and it was great! Just some pictures from over the weekend:

The boys on their way to fireworks
7e9d234ccb4ed902104ee14d88bfb7a4.jpg

The boys after fireworks
cf9bb13235962a4525108a9956a745cf.jpg

The youngest smiling for the camera
b7dc969f09e009aed76a124f34b6844a.jpg

Well it finally happened. First big break of trust. Camden abused a privilege and we caught her trying to cover it up. Unfortunately all the kids have to suffer the loss of it.

I'm evenly split between anger at the breach of trust and that she's screwed the other kids with her actions.

My girl turned 1 today!

It's incredible how fast the first year went by...

We got her a small monkey cake and let her have her way with it:
ad2097a8ef2e6bac6e55570b7966311a.jpg

The babysitter brought my kids to a local bakery for "Cupcakes with Princesses" here's my son flirty with Cinderella. Showing off his abs

8310e0349dffdfb8fe2a445df6210c04.jpg

Would anybody like a very smart, very disagreeable 5 year old for the rest of the summer? We'll take her back when school starts, promise.

I feel I should warn you, she refuses to take naps.

PSA to all of the parents out there: this is the time of year where injuries are at their highest rate in kids. My hospital has seen a number of pretty bad injuries this week, some of them related to July 4th (aka fireworks injuries) but others aren't related to that. I know it's harder to watch kids when they are outside and running around, but please try to be vigilant and pay attention to what they are doing.

Daddy Day Care this afternoon spend 3 hours with the twins just us. It was a lot of fun but exhausting at the same time.

These little dudes are getting big and showing their true colors

c06ff2c689000f05d5a3d44ceae9a105.jpg

My son leaves Sunday morning for a week long cub scout camp trip. I'm not going. It was very clear from the orientation that the Scouts organize this trip so the boys need to be very independent and self sufficient and have less adult monitoring than in the past. That's all great stuff - I'm really excited for him to have this experience. On the other hand, I think we may be reaching a phase where the kid isn't such a kid anymore. You raise your kid to be independent but then when they become independent it can be a little jolt...hey, they don't need me anymore, where'd my little boy/girl go? Funny how things can work sometimes.

I could see that being a really fun and kind of depressing moment all at the same time Frank.

What happens when you send the kids to ride with grandpa in the cart, you end up with your son saying, grandpa says my shorts smell like beer!

My daughter is finally old enough at 5 years old that she can go to one of the local First Tee Little Legends classes. Four days, 1.5 hours each day, for only $40. Pretty spectacular deal for a summer camp. She has been asking to do something like this for a long time, so she is very excited, and I am very excited that she can finally do it.

Was in the backyard hitting some balls into the net today and my 3 year old wanted to try. I was amazed and proud if how well she did. I hope she wants to play when she gets older like some of the kids in this thread.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Yesterday we couldn't get Nick to put down his plastic golf club. Had to drag it to dinner, AND the tub. Made me very happy ...

So question about eye color, wife and I have read things that say it can change till about 6 months. Can we expect the eye color to change from what it is now? Boys have blue eyes and wife and both have brown

So question about eye color, wife and I have read things that say it can change till about 6 months. Can we expect the eye color to change from what it is now? Boys have blue eyes and wife and both have brown
If they are a true blue, I doubt they will unless maybe there is some brown in there now(?).

If they are a true blue, I doubt they will unless maybe there is some brown in there now(?).

I can't really tell but I am not real great with colors. They are definitely not a true blue but more blue ish than brown for sure

Back