Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Love reading this James. This driver is legit. I don't have it as my primary gamer but every now and then I'll throw it in my bag and enjoy the hell out of it when it's in play. Again, the sound and feel of a well struck shot is amazing with the D200. Glad your enjoying it

Took me longer than it should have to finally get a head in my hands. Really eager to see spin numbers, I think it'll surprise me for sure.

Its funny though, I can't help but feel like they (W/S) let one get away a bit with this head and the stock setup. The head performs silly well beyond that ultralight setup, I know the point of it and the why, but still.

This thing is an absolute bomber and I agree 100% with it being the best sounding driver out there.

Just wish I could hit the center of the face. For some reason I struggle so badly with shallow face drivers.

This thing is an absolute bomber and I agree 100% with it being the best sounding driver out there.

Just wish I could hit the center of the face. For some reason I struggle so badly with shallow face drivers.

Yeah, that has been THE biggest adjustment for me, making sure I adjust that dang tee height. Honestly reminds me of my beloved 4DX in that manner.

Took me longer than it should have to finally get a head in my hands. Really eager to see spin numbers, I think it'll surprise me for sure.

Its funny though, I can't help but feel like they (W/S) let one get away a bit with this head and the stock setup. The head performs silly well beyond that ultralight setup, I know the point of it and the why, but still.

Ya I was not a fan of the Elements Chrome option at all. My fitting came down to the tour green and the oban blue which both brought my spin numbers down from the 4500s to the 2600s

Ya I was not a fan of the Elements Chrome option at all. My fitting came down to the tour green and the oban blue which both brought my spin numbers down from the 4500s to the 2600s

Which I remember reading Hawk live posting about and being aaaaaaamaaaaazed by.

I'd bet anything I'm seeing sub 2500 right now.

What length are you playing? I don't think they needed to go 46 inches, and would honestly like to knock mine down to 45. I hit all of my longest drives of my life with the D200, though.

What length are you playing? I don't think they needed to go 46 inches, and would honestly like to knock mine down to 45. I hit all of my longest drives of my life with the D200, though.

46", like a boss. :alien:

Seriously though, I don't think I'll play anything shorter again. But, thats another conversation and wall with which my head is still bruised from. LOL

I know a few have had some issues with the elements chrome shaft... I'm playing a 5.5 flex and hadn't any issues ....BUT

on my last couple of rounds I've heard a funny noise from it when I'm finishing my swing. The only thing I can compare the noise to is - when I was at school - and would bend plastic rulers and get a cracking kind of sound?? At first I thought it was the head but I'm fairly convinced it's the shaft now.

anyone had similar issues or ideas? Hasn't been effecting my drives (this part of my game is the best it's ever been) but I really want to figure out if there is a problem

I know a few have had some issues with the elements chrome shaft... I'm playing a 5.5 flex and hadn't any issues ....BUT

on my last couple of rounds I've heard a funny noise from it when I'm finishing my swing. The only thing I can compare the noise to is - when I was at school - and would bend plastic rulers and get a cracking kind of sound?? At first I thought it was the head but I'm fairly convinced it's the shaft now.

anyone had similar issues or ideas? Hasn't been effecting my drives (this part of my game is the best it's ever been) but I really want to figure out if there is a problem

Yes. Sometimes I can remove the head and screw it back on and it seems to go away, but it eventually comes back.

Which I remember reading Hawk live posting about and being aaaaaaamaaaaazed by.

I'd bet anything I'm seeing sub 2500 right now.
If I see anything close to 3K I'll be ecstatic.

Glad to see its working for you, even if it looks a bit Frankensteinish with all that lead tape on the bottom.

If I see anything close to 3K I'll be ecstatic.

Glad to see its working for you, even if it looks a bit Frankensteinish with all that lead tape on the bottom.
Lol, this is nothing, you should go find the xhot I leaded from a couple years ago.

It's a great head, you'll enjoy it.

I like what you're say Jman. After swinging PhillyV's in Pittsburgh I came away a believer. This head with the Tour Green shaft is a blast to hit. For me with the 15-20 swings I took, as long as I stayed in my shoes with a swing the results were solid. I'm looking forward to seeing first hand how this goes. Not that those courses are driver centric with my current game plan. Should be a fun club.

I like what you're say Jman. After swinging PhillyV's in Pittsburgh I came away a believer. This head with the Tour Green shaft is a blast to hit. For me with the 15-20 swings I took, as long as I stayed in my shoes with a swing the results were solid. I'm looking forward to seeing first hand how this goes. Not that those courses are driver centric with my current game plan. Should be a fun club.

I'm excited to see how you do with this club. Because you really get along with it. Watching you on the range was great

I'm excited to see how you do with this club. Because you really get along with it. Watching you on the range was great
Pound town haha

The Alpha 815 is my gamer, and its where my heart sits.

But dammit this head is fun, had a whale of a range session with it today. Curious to see what numbers I see next week in KC w/ it,

I'm happy to hear this! Can't wait to spend some solid range time with it in MB before putting it in play for real.

I'm happy to hear this! Can't wait to spend some solid range time with it in MB before putting it in play for real.

What shaft did you go with again buddy?

Went with the Tour Green - seemed closest to what I would look for in combo with the D200 head.

Went with the Tour Green - seemed closest to what I would look for in combo with the D200 head.

I think you are going to have a LOT of fun with it.

So sad .... I was in my local golf shop and saw a used 10.5 d200 driver w a chrome shaft for $99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad .... I was in my local golf shop and saw a used 10.5 d200 driver w a chrome shaft for $99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't need you to go back and pick that up and pay you for it this weekend. I really don't need you to do thst. How many times do you say something before you believe it ��

Give it some time

Give it some time

I've been using the D200 driver (3-metal and 3 & 4 hybrids too) for a couple of weeks now. This is without a doubt the best long-yardage combination of clubs I've ever had. Though not totally immune to bad swings, with a decent pass at the ball the driver will get your ball in play. With a good swing the results are fantastic. Though the lightness does take some getting used to, once grooved my swing results have never been better. This club is a fairway finder, and as long as your swing is decent, your misses are just yards off target. Now that I have about 6 rounds under my belt with these clubs, I can tell they are going to stay in the bag for a long time.

I have to admit, I was one of a few doubters of this club in the beginning. I had made some negative comments about the D200 driver a few months ago. Not any more!
I kept reading all the comments on this forum and began thinking that maybe it was just me and I didn't give this driver enough time. That is exactly the case...
Today I left the SLDR driver in the garage and put the D200 in the bag with the intention that I was going to either love it or hate it after the 18 holes. Well, I LOVE IT. I hit 13 out of 14 fairways. The one I missed was just a really bad swing with a gentle slice into the woods. We all know that there's no club in the world that will compensate for a really bad swing.
The deeper I got into the round, the more I loved the D200. I'm a 69 year old senior who typically hits tee shots about 210-220 yards,
On the 10th hole on Legacy here in the Pinehurst area, I took what I thought was a pretty normal swing and crushed it. I didn't have my G6 GPS to accurately measure but based upon some rough estimates using the score card yardage and the distance to the green, I tagged it at about 240. I have not hit a ball that far in a very long time.
It is very light and you need to just put a good swing on it without trying to kill it and you will be rewarded 90% of time with a great tee shot in the short grass. You know when you catch it flush. It's a rocket launcher!
So thanks to everyone here on this forum who kept it interesting for us golf mortals because now the D200 will stay in my bag for a long time. The TM SLDR will be traded in for a WS D200 fairway wood now.

Glad it's working out for you. I can't wait to get my hands on mine at the THP Legacy.

Back