Want to be a Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many of you know, THP will be kicking off the year of events in style with the Kickoff Classic sponsored by Snell Golf. The trip is going to be incredible and has an incredible prize on the line as well as some killer swag of course. Signing up for this will take place on December 20th and the spots will be filled at that time, but today, two THPers can earn the auto bid, so to speak, and become a co-captain of Team Green or Team White.

The captains for the event are Dean Snell and Jason Almeda, each with Snell Golf and they are going to need a co-captain that will be playing of course, but also someone that can keep their fingers on the pulse of the team so when matchups and pairings are done, everybody is on the same page and putting the best foot forward for their team.

Obviously the Co-Captain will not have to go through the signups on the 20th to hope they get in either.

When & Where
February 17th-19th 2017
RTJ Trail - Grand National - Alabama
Both courses will be played
22 THPers will be participating in the Kickoff Classic along with Dean & Jason from Snell Golf

For all of the costs and what is included in this event, click here to check out the main thread. Pretty incredible deal includes golf, hotel and more.

Qualifying

THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2017 Albatross Club membership which supports THP and a wonderful charity. For more information on the campaign or to sign up for the club to qualify for all of the great THP items coming, click here.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for.

Do You Want To Be A Captain
So here is the deal. We are looking for two THPers to be co-captains and help run the teams with Dean and Jason respectively. This could be you and have a chance at all of the greatness that comes with this event and winning this event. Your job will be to post in this thread that you want to be a captain, and in 50 words or less, give us the reasons you think you would be good for the job. In the next day or two, the announcements will be made on who the captains are and will be judged strictly based on the post made in this thread.

Here is your chance at greatness. Your chance to shine in the opening event of the year.

One More Thing
The winning co-captain will have a bonus prize that will be pretty special.

This is pretty cool. It will be fun to see who steps up!

This is pretty damn cool. Love the idea and can't wait to see who it is!

that's a fun way to do it!

the dates for this one don't work for me, but this will be a fun thread to follow

Awesome way of going about CO-Capt selections.

This is fantastic, love the Co-Captain aspect of this event.

Life threw me some curveballs, so I'm going to have to bow out of this one but I'll be cheering and following along for those selected.

I wish the dates worked out for this, probably shouldn't miss my daughters birthday though. Looking forward to following along with this, very cool idea for co-captains!

This should be awesome! I too have a daughter with a b-day and national dance competition at that time that'll force my hand. Can't wait to see the entries and lucky selections!

Being a co-captain would have been a great way to get my feet wet in an Official THP event, but the dates are a big NO-GO for me....I'll follow along...

This is a cool thing to do for a great event. Good luck to all who enter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually trying to move my schedule around a bit for this... Everything I heard about this event last year has me excited, but have some other stuff going on that weekend.

Will be on vacation during this event so I won't be able to participate but this is such a cool contest. Good luck guys!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh man, i need to see if the dates work for this one. This is a pretty cool opportunity.

Nice way to decide on Co-Captains! Great opportunity

Awesome opportunity. I will be getting my entry in when I get time today.

I want to be a Co Captain.

I'm a motivator, I'm a low handicap golfer that understands the game and competition, I Build on strengths with teammates, and I support both sides. I've won and I've lost, but more importantly I've learned from both and I get it.

Last edited:
Since someone needs to kick off the entries:

I should be a co-captain at the Kickoff Classic sponsored by Snell Golf because I have 13 THP events behind me including being a captain in the Morgan Cup. In addition, I have played both of these courses and bring a certain Roll Tide to the land of War Eagle.

I want to be a Captain because:

1. I like people
2. I love Competition
3. Having fun is a priority
4. Team work is rewarding
5. I have many years of leadership training
6. Details are important

first i need to figure out whether i can make the dates work. i suspect i can, but have not talked with my business partner about it yet. this is really high up on my list of events i want to get into because of how much i love the courses and the area.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I would like to be considered for the co-captain spots. Playing in the inaugural Kickoff Classic has given me experience with Grand National. My time with THP has often been with a quiet voice. 2017 is about new challenges for me personally and this is the perfect kickoff.

Got some early takers.
The captains prize is going to be something INCREDIBLE!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I would like to be considered for the co-captain spots. Playing in the inaugural Kickoff Classic has given me experience with Grand National. My time with THP has often been with a quiet voice. 2017 is about new challenges for me personally and this is the perfect kickoff.

^^^^ This guy

Got some early takers.
The captains prize is going to be something INCREDIBLE!

They always are, and I have a feeling about it.

I would love to be a co-captain for the Kickoff Classic. Having played in the inaugural event, I have familiarity with the courses. I also think, plan and act with a strategic mindset, lead by example and engage others to help foster a team environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back