How Open Minded Are You?

So say you get into an event like the Morgan Cup. You get a full bag of brand new equipment from a company. You arent going to be loyal to that company for what they are doing for you?

i know this isn't directed at me, but what do you mean by loyal? i had an amazing experience with project x at The Hand Crafted Experience. i received a custom, 1 of 1 shaft specifically designed for me that i in all honesty cannot imagine not gaming. for the other shafts in my bag, px will definitely get a nod. but if there's something that works better, i will go with it. i tried to make a hzrdus red work in my fairway wood, but a shaft from another company worked a lot better for me. would that be considered not being loyal? asking honestly.

I'm opened to any product that has a Callaway chev on it or odyssey swirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How Open Minded Are You?

I'm open minded as far as brands but I know what I like as far as looks, club type, etc and generally will not stray from that "style " of club.

So say you get into an event like the Morgan Cup. You get a full bag of brand new equipment from a company. You arent going to be loyal to that company for what they are doing for you?
Buying loyalty is different than earning it with great product. The later lasts much longer and both can bring loyalty but I get what your saying. Can both be done by the same company...yes.

In golf terms I am very open minded. I like UA clothes but wear just about anything, clubs are indifferent to me as long as I can hit them good.

I always say I am very open minded, but, I do tend to gravitate towards a few brands.

I'm open minded to brands and have various different OEMs in my bag. I have preferences on looks of clubs that I lean to but still have an open mind to an extent...like War Eagle it's not single length irons open though.

Style I prefer athletic style apparel but also have some traditional styles as well. My mind isn't open to much to non performance materials in shirts and pants/shorts.

I totally get what you are saying and I was going to edit my post and add that while I'm not loyal to any one brand my experience at #THPAmbition has me biased towards Cobra/Puma golf due to meeting Mike Yagley and Jose Miraflor and getting to hit pre-release clubs. I'm sure that other who were lucky enough to be picked to participate in events also show more loyalty to the the company that sponsored the event Wilson Golf, True Temper, etc...it's just human nature.

If I were selected to participate in an event such as the Morgan Cup I would absolutely game the clubs that were professionally fitted for me and I would tell everyone how I was able to get the clubs and my personal experience with the OEM. It would not however just make me put on blinders and just stick to one OEM in the future. Unfortunately for me I have a problem, an addiction. I love purchasing and hitting new (used) clubs, mainly drivers as evidenced by the 30+ now in my garage that I regularly rotate through. It's not uncommon for me to have 2 or 3 drivers in my bag and still stay in the legal number of clubs I can carry during a round.

i know this isn't directed at me, but what do you mean by loyal? i had an amazing experience with project x at The Hand Crafted Experience. i received a custom, 1 of 1 shaft specifically designed for me that i in all honesty cannot imagine not gaming. for the other shafts in my bag, px will definitely get a nod. but if there's something that works better, i will go with it. i tried to make a hzrdus red work in my fairway wood, but a shaft from another company worked a lot better for me. would that be considered not being loyal? asking honestly.

Im talking about getting a set of clubs for the event, going home and shelfing the clubs for something else or even getting rid of the clubs all together. To me, when you are a participant in any event that involves gear, I owe it to that company and to THP to put that equipment through the paces. And in the mean time, Im not looking for gear from other companies. I understand that people have the right to do whatever they want with their gear and I'm no one to tell anyone what they should and shouldnt be gaming, but the sense of entitlement and lack of reviewing the gear given to participants (some, not all) is what created the drama that lead to the end of the MC.

I'll try just about anything if there is some appeal.

I love you guys but the amount of "open mindedness claims" are comical based on WITB's, blind buys and lack of trying all available options.

Clothing wise I'll always have a Puma dri-fit polo and hat. I have a couple pairs of shorts of Puma, just like it.

Now for golf clubs I was always Cobra, had it all, headcovers, stand bag, clubs, hats, etc.

But when I went recently for my fitting I told myself to just hit what works for you. I've had my clubs almost a month and am getting more comfortable with my 6iron-AW in the XRs, love the "smack" sound when I hit it right. And feeling better with my Cleveland 56*, bit heavier club head but I like having a wedge with grooves.

Still a work in progress for the hybrids,3wood, and driver but I have my share of good shots to know that it's getting closer!

Im talking about getting a set of clubs for the event, going home and shelfing the clubs for something else or even getting rid of the clubs all together. To me, when you are a participant in any event that involves gear, I owe it to that company and to THP to put that equipment through the paces. And in the mean time, Im not looking for gear from other companies. I understand that people have the right to do whatever they want with their gear and I'm no one to tell anyone what they should and shouldnt be gaming, but the sense of entitlement and lack of reviewing the gear given to participants (some, not all) is what created the drama that lead to the end of the MC.

very good point. i would rep the hell out of a whole bag and up my overall social media presence to tell the world about it! i was more thinking about an event where you get less than a full bag, and whether it would be disloyal to fill the other spots in the bag with clubs from other companies.

Clearly, if you look at my signature, you'll see my answer is 99.999% of the time "No. I'm not open minded." Since the Burner Bubble came out, basically nothing else has been in my bag but TaylorMade.

Apparel wise, for golf, it's always been adidas for me. Even before I knew TaylorMade/adidas was a thing. I saw Sergio wearing the clothes, liked how they looked, been wearing it ever since. I will say I do own a few Under Armour long sleeve 1/4 zip shirts, but I mostly wear those casually. From day 1, I avoided Nike apparel because of Tiger.

Now, that being said, I have gamed a few Callaway clubs since then, too. I've had 2 sets of Callaway wedges and also gamed a Callaway hybrid & 3 wood at one point. Fairly recently took a Callaway 18* utility/driving iron out of the bag. I also played Callaway balls exclusively for a few years and even dabbled with the Chrome Soft recently. I also dabbled with the Snell MTB out of curiosity. Honestly, I only gave Callway a shot because of Phil. Other than that, the only other thing that has been in my bag was a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 for 3-4 years.

Being an equipment junkie, I look at A LOT of stuff. There's tons or great looking woods, irons, wedges, etc… out there, but I just can't do it. When it comes to Titleist, I am completely close minded (except the Scotty I mentioned above). For some reason, their stuff just irks me. I don't like it. Don't like the looks. Most of their tour pros even bug me (probably due to their Titleist association), lol.

I'm more loyal to technology in general! If something comes out that I think will help me play better I'll buy it regardless of the brand. Clothes are a different story. I tend to really like the Under Amour offering, at least for now!!

I'm very open minded. I will try anything - but it needs to work for me and pass the eye test. I haven't tinkered with my current set-up in almost two years. :embarrassed:

War Eagle was being sarcastic. He loves Single Length now.

We shall see if the love is enough to game them. While not having had a chance to swing them based on my musing if the interwebs the feedback has been mixed and some have experienced gapping concerns and that was one if my biggest concerns. I'm always open to try things and if I get a chance to hit some I will see if the concerns are valid.

I'll admit to being partially close minded toward dominate brands. I'll still game their stuff if it works for me, but I'd rather support the underdog though.

Plus, I feel like I get more value from the underdog. I'm not going to pay a premium just because of the brand.

And brands with different teams on 'em too! :D
I still have the hat and I wear it every now and then, I will always keep it :)

I like to think I'm very open minded. I'll play whatever clubs offer the look, feel and performance that I'm comfortable with. Over the years I've gamed clubs from about every major manufacturer.

With that being said, I will give first shot to companies that I have had great experiences with. For instance after having a great experience with Callaway this year I'll probably give their clubs the first chance when demoing. I'll still demo other companies equipment but if the results are all the same, the deciding factor will probably be how well Callaway treated me and will probably get the spot in my bag. But if another companies equipment outperforms Callaway, those clubs will get the spot. After years of not using TaylorMade the M1 outperformed all other drivers for me so it got the spot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm extremely open minded, in just about every aspect of life.

I'm very open minded. I love all equipment but I tend to get OCD. I like to match my sets. I've gone in phases for Taylormade, Cobra, Bridgestone, now Titleist but I love trying everything.

Open minded to any brand when it comes to hard good equipment. I tend to lean more towards Nike for shoes and shirts, what I always wore and college team was sponsored by them. But always look for what is best for me

Back