South Florida THPers - Let's tee it up!

h0ss66

Reaction score
I've tried in the past but for one reason or another haven't been able to pull together an outing for South Florida guys. For anyone in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach (or those willing drive down from various other locations), I am more than willing to organize an outing in the very near future. Now that we are approaching May, the snow birds are clearing out and rates at the nicer courses are dropping. Perhaps a regular monthly get together or something of that sort could be in the making.

Let me know if anyone is interested and throw out some possible dates (weekends are best for me). Thanks!

I would come down but will be laid up for a few months with a new hip.

I would be happy to drive down and play a round, I have a odd traveling schedule so let me know when you have it planned and if I am home I will play. I will be gone next week by the way.

Cool, if we can get a few more interested I will start planning.

Get well soon Freddie

I'm down for a monthly get together. Hbirdman80, jhstew1 and I played a couple weeks ago in Jupiter. I'm sure there's a few more out there.

I'm down for a monthly get together. Hbirdman80, jhstew1 and I played a couple weeks ago in Jupiter. I'm sure there's a few more out there.

Cool. I was thinking May 16 or 17 for a round.

If you guys do something in the Naples area I'd be down. The only problem is my only days off are Monday and Wednesday.

Just reviving this thread to let South Florida know I'm coming your way. I'm being relocated down to Miami sometime after the first of the year. But not exactly sure when my report date will be yet. I should hear something on that the week after Thanksgiving.
Looking forward to spending some time down there, but honestly hoping to get a transfer back to Texas within the year. So, I'm telling my family that I will just be one of the snowbirds this year.
Hoping that I get the opportunity to get in some golf with the local THPers.
Anyone know this guy? Actually had the pleasure of sharing a round with him this past summer. HBirdman and I played some medicore golf that round, but had a great time.
View attachment 22627
I'm looking forward to experiencing south Florida golf and their winter. Hope to meet a few more THPers from the area.

Welcome to Florida. Winter time is glorious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winter is usually glorious. Waiting for it to drop below 80 and stop raining out my weekends. Let's tee it up!

Hey, new to the forum here. I work at a course in this area, so if anyone ever wants to play feel free to let me know. I'm sure I could help out with rates.

Hey, new to the forum here. I work at a course in this area, so if anyone ever wants to play feel free to let me know. I'm sure I could help out with rates.
What course do you work at?

Nice course! Minus that combined green complex on the back.

Yep, #15 & 17. For me, the layout only has one goofy hole. #14. Having a bunker right in the middle of a landing area and forcing you to either hit 4 iron - 4 iron in or bomb a driver over the water to a landing area that is 15 yards wide and have a flip wedge in is stupid.

Other than that, it's a damn good layout. Took me a while to adjust to the Paspalum.

Is this the old Plantation Golf club?

Correct. It was redone in 2006.

Love this! I'm always down to play in South Florida. I'm in Miami myself. Good group of guys down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this! I'm always down to play in South Florida. I'm in Miami myself. Good group of guys down here.

I'll be there soon. Miami bond 2016. This thread is getting fun to follow. New courses(to me), new THPers, fun group. I think this move may work out pretty good.

I need to play more in Dade county. The only course I've played is Miami Beach. I've been to Miami Shores, Normandy Shores, and Crandon but haven't had a chance to play those yet. Plus with Premier card season being over, it's hard to find a decent rate.

I'll be there soon. Miami bond 2016. This thread is getting fun to follow. New courses(to me), new THPers, fun group. I think this move may work out pretty good.

There are some really, really good courses around here. You just have to look for hidden gems and drive around to find them. Deer Creek and Osprey Point are two of my favorites. And I'm biased to my home course, but people seem to really enjoy playing out there. We just hosted a second stage event for Web.com Q-School.

Last edited:

Great group of guys X. And not too far a drive from Club Clash this coming year with signups this week.

There are some really, really good courses around here. You just have to look for hidden gems and drive around to find them. Deer Creek and Osprey Point are two of my favorites. And I'm biased to my home course, but people seem to really enjoy playing out there. We just hosted a second stage event for Web.com Q-School.
Thanks for the head up. I'll be checking these out as soon as I get settled down there. Sounds like I need to get my game in order and get up to play your course too.
Not sure where I will be living, but I need to find I decent driving range close by. Hoping I can get back to practicing and playing regularly again.

Back