RIP John Glenn

I'm on a conference call with colleagues in Columbus and they are getting reports over local news that John Glenn has died.

A brave and diligent patriot.

Saw on the news last night that he was admitted to the hospital a week ago.

Local news just confirmed he passed.

RIP

I think I will watch "The right stuff" tonight in honor oh Mr Glenn

RIP. I heard he was in the hospital after medical issues. Sad day

Dang. Another one gone. 2016 has sucked.

Rip good sir.

You indeed had the right stuff.

A truly great man .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You type faster than I do and you said it well.

They actually wheeled a big ol TV into our auditorium in grade school to watch the John Glenn launch. It was a big deal. I was in first grade.

Scratch that. Kindergarten.

Sad news... a true hero of mine. Had the wonderful experience of meeting him and his wife many years ago. Something I will never forget, Mrs Glenn playing with my daughter sorting the colors of M&M candies just for the fun of it.

Last week, Buzz Aldrin was evacuated from the South Pole when he fell ill during a private tourism excursion. We was flown to McMurdo Station, then to Christchurch, New Zealand, where he was said to be doing better. It was big news around here because the only way to get to the South Pole by air is via ski-equipped C-130s stationed at Stratton AFB in Schenectady, NY. Most of their mission are routine, but some are emergencies,

Why are all my heroes getting so old?

I had a sad feeling this was coming when he was admitted to the hospital. May he enjoy his spot on the moon with his two friends, enjoying one heck of a view.

He had some amazing accomplishments in his life. RIP.

RIP sir. Thank you for your service.

This is a sad one. "Hero" gets tossed about too easily. It's applicable in this case. RIP.

Astronauts are incredible people. My 12 year old wants to be an astronaut and part of the Mars Mission.

Also flew in WWII and the Korean War (wingman was THE Ted Williams. Cool!)

RIP, Mr. Glenn!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Glenn

L6002.jpg

1101620302_400.jpg

Great plaque: "The first man to travel around this planet"
800px-LC-14_Glenn_plaque.jpg

Dude was a badass. RIP. 2016 continues to suck in celebrity deaths.

He was a real pioneer. He will be missed!

R.I.P. A pioneer for sure. And helped paved the way for generations of kids to dream of being an astronaut one day.

Back