Spotlight coverage vs network coverage

Alan4014

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else like the spotlight coverage better than the network coverage? They seem to show more golf and talk less. Most of the time they also have a trackman on a par 4 or 5 tee, which I think is cool. Love seeing their driver #s.

Spotlight coverage is ok but I like prime time more.

Network coverage rocks, Spotlight, not so much!

I'll take the non Johnny Miller coverage, is that an option?

I'll watch the spotlight depending who's commentating and who's playing. If it's somebody I'm interested in you get a lot more info, stories, etc. If I'm just watching in general and not that interested in a person I'll watch network and see everyone. Masters mix channels do a great job, but they're such nazi's with the time on air it's maddening.

Network for me. I just wish they would show more golf and less expose stories.

i prefer the network coverage but do like the spotlight coverage as a break and during commercials.

Anyone else like the spotlight coverage better than the network coverage? They seem to show more golf and talk less. Most of the time they also have a trackman on a par 4 or 5 tee, which I think is cool. Love seeing their driver #s.

I watched a lot of the internet stream of the featured groups before network and Golf Channel coverage - it really gave me the feeling like I was there walking with the group, gave me a chance to really see each and every hole in continuity, and I enjoyed hearing the players talk to each other and their caddies.

I enjoy Johnny Miller's commentary though - usually I DVR the tournaments to fast forward through commercials. Seems to be a commercial after 2-3 shots.

Back