TaylorMade AeroBurner Driver Preview

Anyone watched the Rick Shiels video where a 13 handicap does a driver test? The aeroburner is winner by a large margin. Mark Crossfield has a good review of the driver and especially the 3-wood.

Last edited:
I have three of the hybrids in my bag now, 4, 5 and 6 and I am loving them. I replaced RBZ stage two hybrids and have the GD Tour AD DI Hybrid shafts in them and they are long and easy to hit. Hitting the 4 230 to 235 off the tee. I have the 3hl fairway wood as well but not sure there is a fairway out there that I can hit consistently, without a doubt my worst club. May buy a 3 hybrid and give up on fairway woods all together.

I have three of the hybrids in my bag now, 4, 5 and 6 and I am loving them. I replaced RBZ stage two hybrids and have the GD Tour AD DI Hybrid shafts in them and they are long and easy to hit. Hitting the 4 230 to 235 off the tee. I have the 3hl fairway wood as well but not sure there is a fairway out there that I can hit consistently, without a doubt my worst club. May buy a 3 hybrid and give up on fairway woods all together.

With that distance from the 4 you don't need a wood

Anyone watched the Rick Siels video where a 13 handicap does a driver test? The aeroburner is winner by a large margin. Mark Crossfield has a good review of the driver and especially the 3-wood.

I watched that and was interested as the guy Rob is very similar to me. Quite short with exactly the same swing speed etc. oddly though there's another video with a similar amateur who couldn't get on with it at all, suggesting to me there are so many factors involved that you really have to just try it yourself. It seems though, that for some, this could be a real winner although the length of the club would worry me a bit.

Hitting these at the local store they felt very solid and hot off the face. Only problem is the white head, I cannot stand looking at it. Hopefully a black model is available soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitting these at the local store they felt very solid and hot off the face. Only problem is the white head, I cannot stand looking at it. Hopefully a black model is available soon

that's how I feel about the FW too. I liked it, if it wasn't white I'd consider it more. White in the sun bothers my eyes.

that's how I feel about the FW too. I liked it, if it wasn't white I'd consider it more. White in the sun bothers my eyes.

Everything to me said buy me but me. Overtime I guess one will learn to like the different colour?

It was seriously the best driver (with stock shaft) I hit out of the
915 d2
915 d3
815 Alpha
815 DBD
Xr
Xr pro
G30 lstec
R15

I was extremely surprised.
My local pro loves this thing with a passion!

Love the look. Everywhere I read a write, they are claiming how much they like it. My personal preference would be a little heavier shaft but I guess I'm going to have to give it a try!

I wasn't too crazy about the driver, but the 3 wood is ridiculous! I just didn't hit the driver very well, even with a heavier shaft in it. I'm gaming the AeroBurner TP 3 wood now and I'd suggest you try it if you're in the market for or even slightly contemplating getting a new 3 wood. I picked up 5mph ball speed, 24 yards carry and better spin #'s vs. my R9 TP 3 wood.

Here's the launch monitor #'s.... R9 TP left, AeroBurner TP right

Attachments

• 10947333_10152798866879064_4175304783745827009_n.jpg
    10947333_10152798866879064_4175304783745827009_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
I wasn't too crazy about the driver, but the 3 wood is ridiculous! I just didn't hit the driver very well, even with a heavier shaft in it. I'm gaming the AeroBurner TP 3 wood now and I'd suggest you try it if you're in the market for or even slightly contemplating getting a new 3 wood. I picked up 5mph ball speed, 24 yards carry and better spin #'s vs. my R9 TP 3 wood.

That is one long 3-wood from the tee. Did you think about waiting as they are coming out with a aeroburner mini driver?

It was seriously the best driver (with stock shaft) I hit out of the
915 d2
915 d3
815 Alpha
815 DBD
Xr
Xr pro
G30 lstec
R15

I was extremely surprised.

Are you referring to the TP or standard?

That is one long 3-wood from the tee. Did you think about waiting as they are coming out with a aeroburner mini driver?

I haven't even hit it off a tee yet. The #'s / results I got were off the ground. Yeah, it was mentioned about the AeroBurner MiniDriver coming, but I didn't see the point in waiting. I was smoking the 3 wood, so I pulled the trigger. Plus, I feel like the #'s I was getting from it would be hard to beat.

I haven't even hit it off a tee yet. The #'s / results I got were off the ground. Yeah, it was mentioned about the AeroBurner MiniDriver coming, but I didn't see the point in waiting. I was smoking the 3 wood, so I pulled the trigger. Plus, I feel like the #'s I was getting from it would be hard to beat.
Don't know what it is about TM drivers but they just don't work for me. Could be the stock shaft options but idk. I know others feel the same but they sure are winning on tour. Personally I've always been partial to Ping. TMag lost 29% last quarter alone. I think they need to ease up on the 2 week releases. lol

Yeah, IDK about the stock shaft options, but that could be the reason. Everything I've gotten for the last 6-7 years has been through a friend of mine who works at/does the fittings at TaylorMade Performance Lab @ Olympia Fields. So I haven't hit anything with a stock shaft in quite some time.

Don't know what it is about TM drivers but they just don't work for me. Could be the stock shaft options but idk. I know others feel the same but they sure are winning on tour. Personally I've always been partial to Ping. TMag lost 29% last quarter alone. I think they need to ease up on the 2 week releases. lol

What 2 week releases? SLDR and JetSpeed were out for over a year.
The lost 29% is a bit misleading. Its not marketshare. They are still the #1 selling driver.

Standard. Only difference with TP is shaft, which I'd like to hit as well
Yup me too. Shaft isn't the only supposed difference but could be the most significant. The TP is supposed to be 1* open, 2* flatter, and 1 swing weight heavier than the standard.

Wouldn't mind seeing the TP. The normal one looked pretty closed to me. Either way, I want to hit the thing to see for myself after hearing feedback.

Wouldn't mind seeing the TP. The normal one looked pretty closed to me. Either way, I want to hit the thing to see for myself after hearing feedback.

I wish I took more swings with it on release night. The ones I did I was pretty impressed with. The FW was what really attracted me. But I didn't want to be "that guy" hogging the hitting bay area. Esp when you are only hitting it 220 haha

I wish I took more swings with it on release night. The ones I did I was pretty impressed with. The FW was what really attracted me. But I didn't want to be "that guy" hogging the hitting bay area. Esp when you are only hitting it 220 haha

We need a stunt golfer to stand in for these things.

We will have it out at the Live Testing we are doing locally and then I can send it off to you for review.

We will have it out at the Live Testing we are doing locally and then I can send it off to you for review.

Sounds like a plan. After the Jetspeed I was pretty disappointed in the second tier offerings from TM, so hopefully this one gets them back on the right track.

Back