PGA Tour Says No To This Color Caddie Shorts

I wonder if they are just too old and faded or something, and he's not giving the whole story.

they are clearly protecting the man from wearing ugly shorts. Some people just need protection from themselves.

Dude at least tried to color-coordinate with his advertising.

hahaha tell that to a majority of the tour players.

they would throw hissy fits. I mean Danny Lee wore a white and black shoe the other day.

Doesn't solid color mean not checkered, or striped, or plaid, etc.?

Am I the only one that looked at the pic and thought that dude has some huge calf muscles?

Am I the only one that looked at the pic and thought that dude has some huge calf muscles?

Didn't see the muscles under the padding.

they would throw hissy fits. I mean Danny Lee wore a white and black shoe the other day.

For all the wild clothes they wear, the players are wearing stuff that is perfectly tailored and neatly pressed. The caddie in question does not exactly look like he took time to iron his shorts or anything.

Might as well put em back in Augusta onesies. Dumb.

This is ridiculous. The tour better get a grasp on reality or they are going to have a lot bigger problem on their hand. If the current dealings between the caddies and players continues they will be wanting to unionize before you you now it and then that would open a whole other can of worms. As others have said in here already the tour needs to concentrate on golf issues and not worry about being the fashion police.

Getting more and more dicey b/w the Tour and the Caddies by the week it seems.
It just seems like one thing after another.

To me they look fine . Not like they are Hawaiian shorts or baggy or have some strange design of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the wild clothes they wear, the players are wearing stuff that is perfectly tailored and neatly pressed. The caddie in question does not exactly look like he took time to iron his shorts or anything.
More than likely, this is it. I think it has less to do with the color and more with making at least a minimal effort to not appear to be a slob.

However, I do think they need to pick their battles here. If they keep kicking the bee hive, eventually they will pay for it.

Maybe the PGA should just start issuing shorts with the bibs. More ad space for them.

I blame Tiger

nothing wrong with the color...but maybe he could avoid wearing shorts he slept in the night before?

shows how petty the PGA is that they are being sued. They have all these restrictions on caddies not wearing certain color shoes, no golf shoes (only athletic shoes). Won't compensate for advertisement, forcing them to wear nature valley hats. I believe the PGA prevents the caddies from signing endorsement deals(not 100% sure on this, something i heard/read somewhere iirc) all while not being PGA Tour employees.

Could be why i watch more of the LPGA than PGA lately.

Half of this is the golfer, IMO. They can fire away on Kevin Kisner and his caddie with no sweat. I think it'd be funny to see them do the same if Rory showed up with this guy on the bag for the Masters:
hqdefault.jpg

So what are odds a group of caddies show up one week wearing the same shorts sometime in the near future as a protest?

Don't half the caddies walk around chain smoking? Several of the players dip, but they're concerned about the color of a caddies shorts? Get over it PGA tour

I think this is blown up more because of the spat between the PGA and the caddies. I'm sure this caddie isn't the first to be told something about their attire. But now with this law suit there is fuel to set to this fire and now it's a big issue and the PGA looks foolish

Now everything that happens to caddies will be shown and amplified. It's in the PGA Tour's best interest to settle this soon as they can, not unlike FedEx and the drivers that they deny benefits to.

Wow, this is definitely starting to seem like the PGA is crossing the line. Its like they can just make vague rules so they can just change them as they go.

Back