So many guests browsing - Just Join Already

Ryan.Humphris

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now there are like 2k guests viewing the forum and only 450 or so members.

seems lopsided

so Guests just join and contribute to the forum

Sometimes on Tapatalk I don't log in so I would show as a guest. Hopefully that might account for the disparage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Right now there are like 2k guests viewing the forum and only 450 or so members.

seems lopsided

so Guests just join and contribute to the forum

Yes, fine. I just hope that they can think up a better username than I did. I mean, fail. I'm a forum name failer. But I was so excited to tell everyone I hit my mini-driver 295 yards down the middle, I just jumped right in here with the first goofy name I came up with.

Yes, fine. I just hope that they can think up a better username than I did. I mean, fail. I'm a forum name failer. But I was so excited to tell everyone I hit my mini-driver 295 yards down the middle, I just jumped right in here with the first goofy name I came up with.

You can always change it if you come up with something way cooler. It took me a solid 6 months before I finally made an account and posted something. I am sure glad I did.

I think there are also a lot of bots that scan forums that show up as guests.

Enjoy THP in whatever way makes you feel happy.

I'd guess that's a fairly common ratio on most forums. Possibly might even be a lot more lopsided than this.

You can always change it if you come up with something way cooler. It took me a solid 6 months before I finally made an account and posted something. I am sure glad I did.

I did not know that. Good to know.

Many people use THP as an information source and just aren't active in the forum. That's ok. We do it job as forum members posting information for members and guests. All are welcome.

Very glad I joined. Loving the difference in "personally" of this community as opposed to my old one I used to frequent.

No biggie. I just started posting recently. said hello and took a break. Added a few posts hear and there. Some times people just like to watch for a little bit.

People should enjoy it anyway they like!! Hope everyone gets what they need from the best forum on the internet!

I browsed the forum for 4-5 years before I registered.

I wasn't playing during that stretch of time, but I still followed THP to see what was going on in the game while I was away.

I noticed this during the Grandaddy. I'm sure we gained a bunch of new members after that special event.

I noticed this during the Grandaddy. I'm sure we gained a bunch of new members after that special event.

Well at the start of the event and the ECPC fittings there were about 125 members and 175 guests following. That number flipped at the start of singles. So I think some did see what was going on and signed up and who can blame them.

Forum interaction isn't for everyone. Some just like to sit back and read and that's perfectly fine. The big thing to remember is THP is what you want it to be

When I have not much to say, I don't login. Seems I don't say much anyway. Love reading info on equipment/events/etc. 2 years not AC membership. Like I said, not much to say. TC - Davey

very many people may just wanted to search info about something golf and simply end up here because the link popped up due to the search engine finding matching words. And so they then browse it but have no interest in joining.

If I joined every forum that ever popped up during a search (in which I browsed) Id be a member of a thousand of them. Many people are not familiar and have no interest in joining forums. Many people hate social media, many people don't like something new, many people don't really understand forums and are hesitant and even intimidated to first join one. Many forums are filled with idiots and terribly monitored and have far too egotistical members that treat others poorly. Many people are simply very private and don't want to be involved with strrangers (at first) because its uncomfortable for them. Many people simply feel they dont want to share personal info to join anything. The list goes on and on and on. Just the way it is.

This was the first forum I ever joined (about 4 yrs ago). Before that I had no interest, was unfamiliar, and wasn't comfortable joining anything except things that I had to.

I think a lot of are glad too!!!

very many people may just wanted to search info about something golf and simply end up here because the link popped up due to the search engine finding matching words. And so they then browse it but have no interest in joining.

If I joined every forum that ever popped up during a search (in which I browsed) Id be a member of a thousand of them. Many people are not familiar and have no interest in joining forums. Many people hate social media, many people don't like something new, many people don't really understand forums and are hesitant and even intimidated to first join one. Many forums are filled with idiots and terribly monitored and have far too egotistical members that treat others poorly. Many people are simply very private and don't want to be involved with strrangers (at first) because its uncomfortable for them. The list goes on and on and on. Just the way it is.

So basically people have a choice to join or not to join. Ok, good, got it :D

So basically people have a choice to join or not to join. Ok, good, got it :D

haha, yes its that simple right?
But some don't understand the reasons people have. Younger generations are far more easily accepting to everything modern. Our (myself, you, others) of older generations can get somewhat more leery because we grew up without all this modern communication stuff and golf does have a ton of older generations. As time passes and the younger gens get older they would have little to know issue at all with this stuff because its what they been use to their whole lives.

haha, yes its that simple right?
But some don't understand the reasons people have. Younger generations are far more easily accepting to everything modern. Our (myself, you, others) of older generations can get somewhat more leery because we grew up without all this modern communication stuff and golf does have a ton of older generations. As time passes and the younger gens get older they would have little to know issue at all with this stuff because its what they been use to their whole lives.

Again, it's as simple as a choice. It's doesn't matter the why. And I'm not sure how old you think I am but I use modern convention like the wheel, fire and running water.

I "guested" on THP for a few weeks before joining.
I had been on a couple of other golf sites and didn't like the culture there, so I waited to see what THP looked like before joining.

Boy am I glad I joined !!

Bounced around a couple forums as a lurker before wandering over here late 2015. Saw the equipment reviews, casual conversation, and events taking place and knew it was a place I wanted to be. Biggest thing that stood out was the lack of Richards present. There are a lot of forums out there that just let garbage fly around aimlessly (golf and non-golf) which is incredibly unappealing. Yeah people have different opinions here, but the members and mods make sure it stays civil. Joining THP.....That was one of the more correct decisions I've made in life.

Bounced around a couple forums as a lurker before wandering over here late 2015. Saw the equipment reviews, casual conversation, and events taking place and knew it was a place I wanted to be. Biggest thing that stood out was the lack of Richards present. There are a lot of forums out there that just let garbage fly around aimlessly (golf and non-golf) which is incredibly unappealing. Yeah people have different opinions here, but the members and mods make sure it stays civil. Joining THP.....That was one of the more correct decisions I've made in life.

This is really what I was getting at by starting this thread. I wanted to get some thoughts out there for the browsers to see why they might want to join.

Again, it's as simple as a choice. It's doesn't matter the why. And I'm not sure how old you think I am but I use modern convention like the wheel, fire and running water.

Forgive me for assuming anything about your age generation but I just simply didn't think you were in your 20's or even 30's due to a lot of the golf wisdom and conversation you've brought here through the years in your posts. Perhaps I was wrong. Apologies for that but none the less older generations do tend to see some of todays norms a bit differently than younger ones.

But anyway I thought offering possible reasons why people don't join did matter because I thought the OP was sort of implying a question. Thought the open post was indirectly asking "why" more people don't join.
When someone says "so many browsing - just join already" I kind of take that to mean "why not just join already?" And so I offered some reasons as to "why" I think some people may not join a forum in general. I thought that fit and mattered to the OP and the topic. But I must stop assuming things :)

BTW Im still waiting for sliced bread to be invented but I do love the seeded twist we can just tare apart :)

Back