ranger1989

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
I thought that after 15 years this deserved its own thread (sorry if I missed another). So hard to believe that it has taken Army this long to beat Navy. It was a truly special moment to watch. I spent the last 5 years living at West Point and understand how important this game is to the United States Military Academy and all present and future graduates. Now that I live in El Paso I am missing all the huge celebrations going on in New York!

Was a very good game, and I really thought Army was doomed to give it away again. So glad to see them break through. First time in my Army career I get to cheer for the winning team!

Was a very good game, and I really thought Army was doomed to give it away again. So glad to see them break through. First time in my Army career I get to cheer for the winning team!
Yep! When the score turned 17-14 in favor of Navy my thoughts started to go sideways. As bad as they were the 5-years I was up there they have turned it around real fast. I got to see them here in El Paso against UTEP, WOW did they demolish them...different football than I was used to seeing from them.

It was an awesome game.

It was an awesome game.

Yes it was. First one I've been to live in 14 years. Very cold for this southern boy, but it was a blast. You probably have to have some connection to this game to truly understand it, but it's a sporting event like no other.

How ironic that Navy had one of the best football teams in the history of the program, but lost to both Air Force and Army, plus conference championship. Because of injuries, the 2016 team will be better known for their losses than being one of the best Navy teams of all time. Hope they can go out on top in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Army would never have stood a chance if Navy's starting QB would have been healthy.

How ironic that Navy had one of the best football teams in the history of the program, but lost to both Air Force and Army, plus conference championship. Because of injuries, the 2016 team will be better known for their losses than being one of the best Navy teams of all time. Hope they can go out on top in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Also ironic that the team Navy lost to in the championship was Temple, a team that Army had beat early in the season.

Congrats, glad it turned out the way you wanted!

Great game. Nice to see the a new streak started. I'm thinking about going to the Army vs UNT in the Heart of Texas Bowl.

I guess after all this time you guys deserve one game! Good game though.

Go Navy beat Army! (In 2017)

Back