If you HAD to choose?

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
If you HAD to choose between these two scenarios which would you pick?

Scenario A:

You could belong to a very nice private course. Beautiful track, well maintained and everything you could ask for in a practice facility. He's the kicker you can only play 18 holes per week and would never have issues getting on when you want, and you can practice as much as you want.

Scenario B:

You could belong to a public track, not nearly as nice as the private and you'd have some minor complaints about conditions but you can play as much as you want, but won't get out as easily as the private course. Practice as much as you'd want as well.

Both scenarios cost the exact same amount of money, if you HAD to choose which one would you pick?

I'd pick scenario A if the practice facility had everything I could ask for. I'm a range rat at heart so practicing daily instead of playing all the time wouldn't really upset me all that much. What say you THPers?

If scenario A includes great pace of play then I probably go with that, I rarely play more than once a week anyway.

I'm going to go with scenario A, because while only playing once a week is a bit of a detractor, it's offset by the nice conditions and ease of getting out.

I would look for a Scenario C - neither of the above scenarios are any better or more attractive than what I can find with the public courses around my area.

For me I'm picking option B. If I'm joining somewhere, I want to be able to play whenever I want and not be limited to only 18 holes per week regardless of how nice the practice range is.

Scenario A. If I wanted to play more than 18 a week I can find a local course to play. Having a great practice facility is worth the money and sacrificing number of rounds/week

I would choose scenario B. If given the choice I will choose play over range every time. Lessons are almost the only time I step on the range. No way I could handle paying a membership and being able to only play 18 holes a week.

Scenario A. A great practice facility is what my game needs in 2017. I need to become more consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A, even though I couldn't play as much, I could practice and the course condition would be nicer.

Scenario A for sure. 18 holes a week on a nice course, and all the practice I could handle? I can deal with that.

Often here I am lucky if I can get 18 a week in anyways lol.

I would go with A.

Scenario A for me. Same price and private. I'll take that everyday. If I want to play I can go someplace else.

TO me option A is the best of the 2 (dont like either)

Scenario A. It's tough to play 18 more than once a week with work Monday to Friday and family events. If that range has lights even better. I love hitting the range after work.

B - I'm more of a player than a practicer and am used to playing less than perfect courses.

I go with A and it's not even close. I already do enough stuff outside of golf that 18 a week is just great and it would be on as super nice course. I can find time to go and practice which I would do several times a week even if just for 20 minutes a day. So because of that I go with A.

I'm not a fan of either but I think I would go with A and just play other courses if I wanted to play more then once a week.

I couldn't limit myself to 1$ a week...so if I have to choose 1 it's option B

I'm going with A. Once a week is ok with me and if the practice facilities are top notch I'd be there more than the course.

Give me scenario A, and I'll play around for other rounds during the week

I'm going with option A. Like you Jimmy I am a range rat at heart

Scenario A all day.

Scenario A all day

Back