Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

Hey, I just make this stuff up.

Hahaha! And while you are making it up with one hand, the other is under the table taking the spoils.

Seriously I hit this so well on the range it was just crazy. First FW I hit that did what I expected it to do. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

You guys definitely have me pondering a shaft swap in mine. Think something a little more stout could help me mitigate the left miss a little bit. Will probably wait until after my lessons are done though.

My fairways came in yesterday from CPO, so went to the range with the Heavenwood today. Yeah, I think I'm going to have some fun with this club. Compared it to my 3h, and I'm glad I made the change. Still hard to tell with the remnants of snow on the ground, but while distances seemed about the same between the two, I was far more consistent striking the ball with the Heavenwood.

I think the only thing I'll be giving up is a bit of versatility from rough and other so-so lies, but at that point I'll take my lumps and hit the 4h.

I'm hit this club today at Golfsmith and was super impressed. Just so easy to hit! I will have one sooner or later!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this club was made for me. I hit it probably 15 times today on the course and only had 1 bad shot with it.
.gives me the distance and ease to hit I need to have 2nd shots greenside. Still not seeing the trajectory I should be but that's a me thing. And sometimes the low bullets work too

Still waiting for the LH release.......

The experiment with the heavier lower spinning shaft in my 3w is over. The ProLaunch is better into the wind but there are more times when I need to hit a standard 2nd shot (and it is way easier off the deck for me with the stock shaft) than I'm concerned about the wind, so I had the Bassara reinstalled.

Man this club was made for me. I hit it probably 15 times today on the course and only had 1 bad shot with it.
.gives me the distance and ease to hit I need to have 2nd shots greenside. Still not seeing the trajectory I should be but that's a me thing. And sometimes the low bullets work too
You need to teach me how to hit low bullets with it! It would be perfect for me if I could figure oit how to get ball flight down with it on command. Have a message out to Fujikura about whether I can safely tip the Speeder 665 another 1/2 to 1 inch to try to help me with bringing the launch and spin down a little.

You need to teach me how to hit low bullets with it! It would be perfect for me if I could figure oit how to get ball flight down with it on command. Have a message out to Fujikura about whether I can safely tip the Speeder 665 another 1/2 to 1 inch to try to help me with bringing the launch and spin down a little.
I'm the only one on earth who doesn't hit it into the sky lol

I can't wait to try and hit one of these. Hopefully it pairs well with my current 4w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round with this one and it's not leaving the bag anytime soon. I've found that perfect fit between my 16* hybrid and 5i. The ability to hit this one is stupid easy and paired with the Aldila Tour green is great to keep this one from launching too high.

If anyone sees me in the pondering thread or somewhere else say something like "to replace the Heavenwood" or "thinking of taking the Heavenwood out of the bag", please feel free to smack me, or at a minimum yell at me on the forums. Took it out on grass for the first time today, and it was just a stupid easy to hit as it has been at the range - and I wouldn't say I had my best swing at all today.. I didn't find myself losing a ton of distance into the wind either.

I finally have one on order and can't wait to start gaming it.

O'Carroll and I played on Saturday. It was incredibly windy and the course was soaked. Every other shot the ball would plug. This club got plenty of use and it did not disappoint. Just so easy to hit, the ball jumps up in the air with not problem. I can't really think of one poor shot that I hit with it. Looking forward to practicing a few nights this week now that the temps will be in the mid 60's and higher.

Im getting some really solid contact and distances (for me) with this thing. I do kind of miss the high trajectory I saw with it in Sept but I know thats a me thing

72 holes this past weekend and my driver was hot or miss. I used this club A LOT & when I connected it just went for days. So much confidence that on shots or yardages I would use my 16* hybrid, I would pull this bc I was more accurate and giving up minimal yardage.

I'm now contemplating a 3W and dump my 16* hybrid and never thought I would say that.

72 holes this past weekend and my driver was hot or miss. I used this club A LOT & when I connected it just went for days. So much confidence that on shots or yardages I would use my 16* hybrid, I would pull this bc I was more accurate and giving up minimal yardage.

I'm now contemplating a 3W and dump my 16* hybrid and never thought I would say that.
You won't regret it Mike, the 3W is great.

You won't regret it Mike, the 3W is great.

Seconded. Probably the easiest 3W to get up in the air I've ever played.

I think I need to not ever tee the HW up again. Just set it up on a good lie on the tee box when using it to tee off on short par 4's. Seem to get lower ball flight, more distance and less right to left dispersion off the deck.

Also, I would absolutely recommend the V Series 3W to anybody looking for one. Probably 3 woods out there that will give you a little more distance but highly doubt there are any out there easier to hit from anywhere.

CPO only had light and reg shafts in the Heavenwoods available over the past few days. I'm wanting to get this in the bag soon.

Had some nice shots with the HW today, thanks to JB for letting me put his in play. A bit directional challenge but I was seeing good distance with the height I've been looking for in that spot.

CPO only had light and reg shafts in the Heavenwoods available over the past few days. I'm wanting to get this in the bag soon.
I keep checking as well, found some decent prices on ebay, but waiting on a great deal!

Pulled my HW with 205 from the rough on a par 5 today. Result was a shot which ended up about 25 feet left of the hole to set up an eagle putt which I just missed draining.

Back