What is your "Buy it for Life" Golf item?

Some items I got from the King (polos, King coin, Bertha cap, etc.) will never leave my possession. And I pretty much use my golf bags until they are full of holes and nearly useless haha. Otherwise, I don't know that I have anything that's locked in that long. I plan on buying a putter fairly soon though that I hope will be with me for the long haul.

I have a ball marker that my wife gave me for Father's Day from my both my sons, saying good luck and has both of their initials on it. (The oldest is 3 years and the youngest is 7 months). I don't always use it, but it is always in my bag.
7e2149c36eca2fca60e5a3fdd5c0a30f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think it's my driver, it's been in the bag for 8+ years why change now?

Cause you hit so darn good!!! That's why.

Club wise their is nothing ill probably keep forever, but ill keep my Albatross coins and my lucky ww2 silver nickel forever.

Didn't buy it but a good friend got me a pewter divot tool from ballybunion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister bought me custom ball markers for being her first born child's godfather. I'll be hanging on to those.

But out of things I bought for myself I really don't have anything. I'd like to say golf balls but they somehow go missing.

Golden Retriever headcover, a few ball markers and probably my putter.

Hmmm I don't think anything in my bag is safe. Maybe my LA Kings Ball marker but that can be lost in a blink...

I would have to say the Nead putter (not that I bought that) would be the only piece of equipment I wouldn't part with.

But all of the divot tools and ball markers that I've picked up at courses I've played at I wouldn't part with them. I need to get a case for all of them actually.

My ping eye2 sand wedge it's been in the bag since I bought it new and I can't imagine it not being there

I only have two pieces of golf equipment that I will have for life -- the custom putter my uncle built for me, and the Payne Stewart Seemore Bronze putter. Both have sentimental value that is far greater than their monetary value.

Of the rest of my equipment, my Click Gear will probably be around the longest. I see no reason to replace it, so I'll use it until I wear it out. I feel the same way about my bag, but will wear that out far sooner. Both of these become "bought for life or until they are unusable, whichever comes first."

On clubs, I've had a Niblick 42 and a Niblick 49 in my bag for the past several years. They're pretty much on permanent lock. The few rounds I've played without them (trying out something else), I've felt completely lost around the green. It will take some really, really, really good clubs to push them out.

I guess since clubs change and get beat up etc, the only thing I can think of as a 1 time purchase it's got to be my own course

I would say my SeeMore Putter I got fitted for me last year. It's my specs and I think I'll never get rid of it. Might try other putters but I'll keep.

My THP coins and putter covers will never leave, they will be rotated in and out of the bag but no further than that

Apart from that I don't have a particular club that I will never let go

Mine is my Scotty Newport 2 Pro Platinum. I currently play another putter regularly, but I will never sell or get rid of my Scotty. About the only way that would happen is if I were to pass it on to a child or niece/nephew at some point way down the road.

Any clubs, balls, or putters I've got that are customized with either my name or THP on it. And I've got quite the collection there.
My son's first clubs.

My first set of clubs I bought in 1980 while I was in college. McGregor (Jack Nicklaus) Golden Bear muscle backs. These things will rattle your teeth if you miss the minuscule sweet spot. Beautiful persimmon woods and a brass putter...had them all refinished and will hand them down to my son one day.

Nothing equipment-wise but an accessory like a divot tool or ball marker could stay in the bag forever if it had some sentimental value.

I will change everything except the SeeMore putters in my bag.

I'm not sure that I will ever get rid of my Grandaddy stand bag. It will go right next to my college team bag, once it gets replaced, IF it ever does. I'd like to say the rest of my Grandaddy set, but I like the new things that come out. With that said, it will probably be a while before any of that get swapped out. WAY to many great memories with all that bag/set.

My 1980's Spalding iron. I use it for practice and fun so I'll never get rid of it. I also have a Persimmon driver and bullseye putter that goes with the set. All I need is an old 3 and 7 wood and some wedges and I'll have a sweet 1980's golf set.

Jlukes, that is awesome. Bravo.

(Post #30)

Jlukes, that is awesome. Bravo.

(Post #30)
Thanks dude. She told me what she wanted to do so we picked out the putter and she picked out the engravings and paintfill on the custom shop website and we sent it out. Came back in less than 3 weeks!

Back