Project X LZ Steel Shafts

Very interesting indeed. Doesn't the XP line kinda act this was so to speak. I most certainly could be wrong though.

That was my assumption... By profile I meant launch profile.

Soften the middle so more people can handle the shaft without feeling too rigid!

That would make me very happy to try these then. My biggest feedback on the original was that it just felt bleh. Pxi was better, hopefully these are an improvement to them as well

Howdy.

So it seems you guys are pretty smart and have sorted out some of the details for yourselves but allow me to fill in the gaps.

This is a steel shaft with a loading zone profile. We achieve that in two ways. One is using our variable wall technology (VWT). On most shafts we reinforce the tip section to produce lower flight and more consistency/stability. In the PX LZ steel we have used VWT in both the butt and tip ends, activating the middle of the shaft. We also use a series of microsteps just below the grip to increase the flexibility even more. The end result is a Project X shaft that is easier to load and smoother feeling. If you are familiar with the technology in the LZ graphite, this is the same concept in steel.

The weight specs are 115gr (6.0), 120 gr (6.5) and 125 gr (7.0).

They will be available in 2016.

DB

Want.
Need.
Only way I go back to steel I have a feeling.

I want them. Now.

That sounds like it was crazy difficult to do since you're working with steel and it's not exactly the most bendable material. Really impressive.

Interesting... Truly handmade? They will cost a fortune if that's the case. I can't wait to hear more! Wow. Pretty darned cool.
Now that I looked at the tweet, it doesn't say "handmade". So, LZ, for loading zone, more bend, or less bend, in certain areas for changes in kick and release. Interesting if the same zones in the driver shafts are now in iron shafts....

These really do sound great. I love my driver shaft.

Interesting... Truly handmade? They will cost a fortune if that's the case. I can't wait to hear more! Wow. Pretty darned cool.

I don't see hand made being mentioned in any of the posts? I may have missed it though

PK,
Loading Zone does not have to be HandCrafted.

Howdy.

So it seems you guys are pretty smart and have sorted out some of the details for yourselves but allow me to fill in the gaps.

This is a steel shaft with a loading zone profile. We achieve that in two ways. One is using our variable wall technology (VWT). On most shafts we reinforce the tip section to produce lower flight and more consistency/stability. In the PX LZ steel we have used VWT in both the butt and tip ends, activating the middle of the shaft. We also use a series of microsteps just below the grip to increase the flexibility even more. The end result is a Project X shaft that is easier to load and smoother feeling. If you are familiar with the technology in the LZ graphite, this is the same concept in steel.

DB
Don as always you put things in such a straightforward and easy way to understand. While this shaft is most likely a little stout for me, the technology sounds very cool.

Howdy.

DB

Don, thanks for sharing this!!!!

I am so excited to try these. They sound incredible.

Can we beg for some additional photos?

I'm quite curious if any form of the tech is visible in the shaft. Hard to fathom how, but curious none the less.

If Mward changes his avatar to this then maybe I can upload another photo.

Attachments

• redsox1.jpg
    redsox1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
Oh god

Its good to be in charge...
Mward said he was doing it...I just made it happen faster.

For the record.. I hate all of you, because I won't hurt the forum of excellent content. If a moderator could be helpful while I cook dinner, please oblige Mr Brown's challenge

Looking forward to hear more about these shafts. Maybe a smoother feeling project x?
This was my first thought! could be awesome...

I went a step further just for Don and gave Mward a new tagline too.

Oh hell what did you do

edit: I AM NOT OK WITH THAT

Bahahahahaha I heart pedro, bahahahahaha

Back