The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for snow in Georgia
056dea460e2d47437c193a98ab682fde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Day after tomorrow movie

Waiting for an MRI and there is a guy playing his music loud enough for everyone. He has the mouth piece of his phone up to his ear. I think he might be beyond an MRI

Waiting for an MRI and there is a guy playing his music loud enough for everyone. He has the mouth piece of his phone up to his ear. I think he might be beyond an MRI

Hope the results are good for you.

My course opens today & I'm at work with too much to do, not a chance of escaping to play a round.

(That's right, no snow here in the great green north.)

My course opens today & I'm at work with too much to do, not a chance of escaping to play a round.

(That's right, no snow here in the great green north.)

Which is why I don't feel bad for you considering we are still in a deep freeze with 2'+ of snow on the ground :)

I was at GG today at lunch and there was this guy in one of the bays with a full on track suit on. He had a towel that was draped over some demo clubs and a bottle of water. He treated that LM like his own personal gym, literally hitting until he was sweating, then taking breaks, looking at his phone, and generally disregarding anyone else who dared wanted to try out a few clubs. He got so tired he couldn't hit the ball on his downswing, so I was going to suggest he take a few laps around the store to catch his breath, maybe grab an energy bar from the check out area. Needless to say, the DB factor was through the roof.

Just found out one of my drivers peed dirty last week. Sucks cause he was my best driver. I knew the legalization of marijuana would bring repercussions for some here in Washington State. Now it looks like I'll have to pick up his route every Tuesday until we hire another driver. Do NOT legalize!!!

Just found out one of my drivers peed dirty last week. Sucks cause he was my best driver. I knew the legalization of marijuana would bring repercussions for some here in Washington State. Now it looks like I'll have to pick up his route every Tuesday until we hire another driver. Do NOT legalize!!!

People are gonna smoke whether it's legal or not.

People are gonna smoke whether it's legal or not.

100% agree with you. If they want to smoke they will smoke.

While he is a knucklehead for risking his job over weed, 30+ million in new tax dollars and thousands of new jobs strongly disagree with the rest of your statement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with legalization.

It's just legal now here so they think it's ok. I could care less what someone does in their free time but when it affects my life and job schedule it kinda sucks. Plus there's a pot shop on every street corner in Spokane so accessibility is of no issue.

It's just legal now here so they think it's ok. I could care less what someone does in their free time but when it affects my life and job schedule it kinda sucks. Plus there's a pot shop on every street corner in Spokane so accessibility is of no issue.
So this brings up an honest question.

In the states where it is legal, I assume it is still illegal to drive under the influence? How would the police determine that, I mean I guess if you call and order a large pizza while they are checking your license that might be a clue, but otherwise what will be used to determine driving under the influence of pot? A field Sobriety test?

I'm not speaking in favor or against the legalization, probably lean toward the legalization side, but wonder if it all the things such as employment tests were considered.

just because the govt says its legal doesn't mean you won't lose a job or not get one for it. Some people just don't care and are going to do it no matter what. I can't think of an employer who is going to want someone that partakes of a drug regardless of its legal status.

In the states where it is legal, I assume it is still illegal to drive under the influence? How would the police determine that, I mean I guess if you call and order a large pizza while they are checking your license that might be a clue, but otherwise what will be used to determine driving under the influence of pot? A field Sobriety test?

I'm not speaking in favor or against the legalization, probably lean toward the legalization side, but wonder if it all the things such as employment tests were considered.
Yeah but they haven't hashed out the details yet. An FST plus a consented blood test I'm sure. I mean if it smells like you just ran over a skunk in your vehicle that would prolly raise some red flags. lol

just because the govt says its legal doesn't mean you won't lose a job or not get one for it. Some people just don't care and are going to do it no matter what. I can't think of an employer who is going to want someone that partakes of a drug regardless of its legal status.
Any private company can do whatever they want if that is their policy. It isn't unconstitutional due to the federal status.

Any private company can do whatever they want if that is their policy. It isn't unconstitutional due to the federal status.
I agree 100%. You have to make a decision, do you want to smoke weed or take this job with a company that has a no drug policy. I see absolutely nothing wrong with private entities making rules for their employees regardless of the law.

While he is a knucklehead for risking his job over weed, 30+ million in new tax dollars and thousands of new jobs strongly disagree with the rest of your statement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with legalization.
Legalization really has no bearing. obviously this employee had a priority conflict.

Yeah, they still working it out. FST is the only thing right now.
That's true, its entirely at the employers discretion. Mine doesnt care as long as i dont do it at work and unless it causes an accident
Legalization really has no bearing. obviously this employee had a priority conflict.
Indeed, and I said as much. If it will cost you your job, then don't be an idiot. Responsible use is a key ingredient for future success

People who drink alcohol are hired all the time without discrimination at time of hire. It only becomes an issue if it becomes a problem with you and the job. Why then should the use of pot be treated differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back