What shot do you wish you had in the bag?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
If you could instantly be granted by the genie of golf ONE shot that you could pull off forever more, what would it be?

And lets NOT go with "straight shots" or "straight drives", lets have a little fun with it people! "Specialty" shots if you will!

• Staff
For me its that LOW knockdown draw shot that spins like a mother with wedges and scoring irons into greens. I adore it. I can do it about 1/2 the time, but to have that as a go to ALL the time, would be incredibly deadly with where I play.

2 hop and stop wedge shots

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

High flop on command. I can do it most of the time, but I get mental with tighter lies.

I'm not sure if it counts as a specialty shot or not but I'd love to have the DJ-like 300+ yard tight fade off the tee.

Stinger with a long iron up through driver.

Bump and run around the greens, I inclusively use my 58 and flop shots around the greens.

knock downs. I already "have" them in my bag, but to be able to execute them every time - I will take that ability.

2 hop and stop wedge shots without a doubt..

For me its that LOW knockdown draw shot that spins like a mother with wedges and scoring irons into greens. I adore it. I can do it about 1/2 the time, but to have that as a go to ALL the time, would be incredibly deadly with where I play.

You stole my answer and im glad i read this before i posted it lol

Hit a fade on command. Can do it sometimes with driver / FWs, but cannot hit one at all with irons.

The low 60 yard wedge shot that takes one hop and stops dead.

Even when I was really good at golf I could never master this shot.

It's like the holy grail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say putts inside the 10-4' range. I'd like to be one of those guys who is automatic with these and never misses.

If that's not a specialty shot, then I will say spinny bunker shots. 1/10 will come off right. The others look like I just started playing golf yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have forever been working on a shot that stays low under tree branches but hit hard enough to advance it down the hole. Perhaps the tips I got from Freddie will help me with this but I have always had to use a driver because that is the only club that gives me a chance to keep it low enough.

I want to be a great bunker player. I'm getting better but it's still somewhat of a toss up for me whether it's a solid shot or bladed way over the green.

A high anything! I'm such a low ball hitter that I would be happy if I could hit the ball higher on demand!!

I'd like to have a low-ish wedge shot with stopping power, first. After that, like Sox Fan, I'd like to have a controlled fade with my irons.

A high predictable draw with driver. Not specialty for most, but the only shot I need to execute right now!

Easy choice...a 3wd stinging cut shot; I would love to be able to move the ball L-to-R on demand!

Hit a fade on command. Can do it sometimes with driver / FWs, but cannot hit one at all with irons.

Well there you go, this sums up my game too...

How about a shot that does "what you want it to, when you want it to?" If a shot calls for a draw, hit the draw. Or if a shot calls for a fade, hit the fade. All with consistency and on command ... not by accident.

How many of us can hit the shot that it calls for when you have to?

That's the shot I want.

This ^^^

Except I can't do t on command ever lol

Easy answer for me, the 2 hop and stop. Not only because it looks sweet but I can't help but think how helpful that would be to have in the arsenal.

Back