What shot do you wish you had in the bag?

The long iron stinger with distance control, it would be nice to be able to go at the green from under some tree branches or to stay out of the wind. Most of the time I end up knicking a branch and who knows where it will end up from there.

Toss up between these 2:
- Inside out swing w/ a positive angle of attack with driver
- Low trajectory, high spin wedge shot

Controllable fade throughout the bag. I'm working on it and am comfortable enough to try and hit it on the course when I have room to miss left. Would like to be a bit more consistent with it.

After that it's knockdowns, which I put some work in on this year. Needs more though and will be something I want to dial in before next season.

Without a doubt the flop shot. I rarely try it because it never ends well.

The ability to hit a stinger. When I was playing often I was able to do it with much success. Now not so much

Sent from my SM-G900W8

The low 60 yard wedge shot that takes one hop and stops dead.

Even when I was really good at golf I could never master this shot.

It's like the holy grail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the one. The ability to get this shot consistently within five feet is such an important dividing line between a scratch player and... me.

I'd love to be able to hit that high flop shot that stops on a dime. That would be fun to pull off on a regular basis!

Really high tee balls and iron shots.

Would love a low cut with roll out. On the range, I can hit them. On the course its a totally different story.

flop shot. It feels awkward to me to open up the blade enough to hit that high, soft landing flopper. So when I try it, I usually overcook it and fly the green.

I would love to be able to hit pitch shots onto the green from 100 yds in with some added back spin

One more vote for the low, high spin wedge shot. there are so many times I need that in the bag.

Mine isn't anything special, I wish I could hit a fade with my 3W/5W. I can hit a draw/fade with pretty much everything else, but for some reason the 3W/5W just like to draw. Sometimes I just want to play away from trouble left and I have to hit a different club.

I wish I hit the ball higher.
So give me a high fade and draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one hop pitch shot.

I wish I could hit a high draw with an iron.
I can hit a draw when needed but it's always a low punchy sort of shot.

A draw or fade on demand reguardless of the club in hand.

I want to be able to hit a flop shot on super tight lies

A nice tight fade...I'd ride that shot just like DJ (last year) without a care in the World.

One that will have me hit the green on every par 3 I play. For some reason, I seem to struggle a bit on those. But from the fairway from the same distance I have no issues. I mean I don't always hit the green but seems like I have better odds if I'm in the fairway instead of the green. Makes no sense to me.

For me its that LOW knockdown draw shot that spins like a mother with wedges and scoring irons into greens. I adore it. I can do it about 1/2 the time, but to have that as a go to ALL the time, would be incredibly deadly with where I play.

I've been trying to work on this one...not just a draw...any shape. When I pull it off I almost jump up and down. Still a high risk approach for me but one I will continue to work on.

I would have to go with being able to flight the ball low to stay under trees (which I find myself in more than I would like to admit) Could be a huge help for me.

I'd love to be able to skip my ball across water on demand. I sometimes hit in the water and it bounces out but thats purely by accident. I want to do like the pros and skip my ball across the water hazard onto the green.

I want a high soft fade with my driver and fairway woods. My natural shape is a draw, but when its off just a bit, the ball just runs into too much trouble.

I want a high, 200 yard shot with a consistent baby fade or draw, I don't care which. If it were consistent, I would be very happy.

Back