Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

We only get to play at the private courses if other teams have their home matches there. Last year we played Medinah and the coaches got to go out and walk 9. It was outstanding!

We only get to play at the private courses if other teams have their home matches there. Last year we played Medinah and the coaches got to go out and walk 9. It was outstanding!

I got to play Medinah last year. It was amazing!

I know it isn't private, but our home course in high school was Big Run. Always loved getting out there and playing that monster.

I got to play Medinah last year. It was amazing!

I know it isn't private, but our home course in high school was Big Run. Always loved getting out there and playing that monster.

Big Run has been on my list for a couple of years and yet to get there. I hear mixed reviews...good layout and iffy conditioning. Would you agree?

Big Run has been on my list for a couple of years and yet to get there. I hear mixed reviews...good layout and iffy conditioning. Would you agree?
Back in my day, the course was always in pretty good shape with really quick greens. I haven't played it in years, but I've heard the same thing about conditions. It's a shame because it really is a great and challenging course.

I'm working in Kankakee, and they have a nice simulator that's relatively cheap if anybody cares to hit some golf balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw that the Chicago Golf Show is this weekend in Rosemont and Lee Trevino will be headlining on Saturday. Here is the link: www.chicagogolfshow.com

This is going to be my first year... Excited to go that's for sure

Same here, I'll be there Saturday

New to the forum from South Eastern Wisconsin just thought I would say Hi and see if anyone else is ready for all this snow to disappear!!!
Welcome to THP!

New to the forum from South Eastern Wisconsin just thought I would say Hi and see if anyone else is ready for all this snow to disappear!!!
Welcome! I think we were all ready before it even fell!

Man I am so glad that it decided to snow again today...

I am so tired of this weather! Depressing.

Amen! I'm so ready for summer.
You guys going to try to get into #thegauntlet? Have any of you taken part in a thp event before?

No I haven't and really don't know much about them because I am new to THP... Any information would be much appreciated!

Welcome Nick! Have you heard of Blackstone? Jk, nice to see the thread picking up steam. Where do you call home?

Lol! LordByron and his golf roofies. You turn your head, next thing you know you're playing Blackstone with no recollection of how you got there

Lol! LordByron and his golf roofies. You turn your head, next thing you know you're playing Blackstone with no recollection of how you got there

Speaking of Blackstone.... I love that 1st hole. But I absolutely DESPISE that 4th hole! I did par it once....of course I believe I have double parred it before as well.

Amen! I'm so ready for summer.
You guys going to try to get into #thegauntlet? Have any of you taken part in a thp event before?
everyone should try to get into the Gauntlet...it is with the guys and gals from Callaway. I cant begin to explain the hospitality we were shown by them and THP brass at the Grandaddy. I will be trying my best to get in...

I was lucky enough to experience the Grandaddy, and it was my first official THP event. I have played with a bunch of guys in a non official setting as well. I haven't met anyone from the site that wasn't a lot of fun to play golf with.

here is the Grandaddy recap thread. To put it as simply as possible, the Grandaddy is crazy. All expense paid, competitive golf with Callaway's Zoo Crew, not to mention 14 club bag and swag for days. It's a unmatched golfing experience. Adam has been to several events, include the Morgan Cup.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?65559-2014-TheGrandaddy-Recap-amp-Memories

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?66799-2015-TheGrandaddy-Announcement

Speaking of Blackstone.... I love that 1st hole. But I absolutely DESPISE that 4th hole! I did par it once....of course I believe I have double parred it before as well.

4 is a beast of a hole and if you foul it up there is not a likelihood of recovery on 5...long and a tough green if you are on the wrong spot. I always hit hybrid or 3wood up the extreme left side of #4 and then layup from there. I cant recall ever making any really big #'s there but I have never really challenged the hole either. I made a 6 on #5 once... :banghead: Do you hit driver on #6?

I'll be trying for the gauntlet but I believe ill be gone on my honeymoon which is unfortunate for my gauntlet championship dreams!

4 is a beast of a hole and if you foul it up there is not a likelihood of recovery on 5...long and a tough green if you are on the wrong spot. I always hit hybrid or 3wood up the extreme left side of #4 and then layup from there. I cant recall ever making any really big #'s there but I have never really challenged the hole either. I made a 6 on #5 once... :banghead: Do you hit driver on #6?
Of course I hit driver... If I miraculously catch it on the face of a square club, I could make eagle.

It should be a great driving hole for me.. I play a fade, I should aim at the red post and peal it right. Dead solid pull into the junk.

everyone should try to get into the Gauntlet...it is with the guys and gals from Callaway. I cant begin to explain the hospitality we were shown by them and THP brass at the Grandaddy. I will be trying my best to get in...

I was lucky enough to experience the Grandaddy, and it was my first official THP event. I have played with a bunch of guys in a non official setting as well. I haven't met anyone from the site that wasn't a lot of fun to play golf with.

here is the Grandaddy recap thread. To put it as simply as possible, the Grandaddy is crazy. All expense paid, competitive golf with Callaway's Zoo Crew, not to mention 14 club bag and swag for days. It's a unmatched golfing experience. Adam has been to several events, include the Morgan Cup.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?65559-2014-TheGrandaddy-Recap-amp-Memories

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?66799-2015-TheGrandaddy-Announcement

Grandaddy sounds amazing. After reading through the Gauntlet recaps from last year, it sounds just as much fun. Plus, it's at Cog this year, where I caddied all through high school. It'd be awesome to be able to play in that event.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...2709-2014-TheGauntlet-Recap-Video-amp-Thread/

I'll be trying for the gauntlet but I believe ill be gone on my honeymoon which is unfortunate for my gauntlet championship dreams!

Feel free to win a spot in this event. I'll take your place and play in your honor while your on your honeymoon.

I wish JB would announce the dates so I can plan around it :). It's either the weekends of the 5th or 12th and we were looking at the 5-12 to be gone. But I have wiggle room since I'm planning it :) I may try to push it to the 19th :p

Back