2015 Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Ball Review Thread

I'm having trouble getting the ball to turn over. Leaving shots where I aim them and still so used lining up off target. Birdies or garbage.

Back to the XV, flies lower with less spin for me

Nice spin to these. Put one on to the front of the green and it spun off. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still really like this ball on iron shots and short game shots. If I could only get the darn thing to work for my tee ball I would be so happy

I love what they've done with the pure white this year! Really pops!
B330, zstar xv, pro v1

c06b5f3bfc42c65baacd56ca1f231f9a.jpg

I love what they've done with the pure white this year! Really pops!
B330, zstar xv, pro v1

c06b5f3bfc42c65baacd56ca1f231f9a.jpg

I think the pure white is not much different than the last model. When it comes to other makers though it's much brighter, especially the ProV

I'm not sure a single round at a course this tight is sufficient to judge a ball, but I haven't seen anything crazy that jumps out at me that would make me switch to this one. The XV seemed to release more for me than ZStar around the green, but I imagine that's due to whatever I'm doing our not doing to the ball at impact.

Back to the XV, flies lower with less spin for me

The round I got in it was the exact same for me, a much lower ball flight. I like this because I tend to hit the ball high and this ball had a much better ball flight for my game than did a B330RX or ProV1x

I didn't hit this well in windy conditions. I was getting a lot of spin. Couldn't have been me. I am perfect.

Great round with friends, tough course. Played about as bad as possible, must be the clubs.....

I'm not sure a single round at a course this tight is sufficient to judge a ball, but I haven't seen anything crazy that jumps out at me that would make me switch to this one. The XV seemed to release more for me than ZStar around the green, but I imagine that's due to whatever I'm doing our not doing to the ball at impact.
i was actually saying the same thing today. The Zstar I kept leaving it short cause I would hit and it would almost Velcro itself to the green, the XV released a little better to the hole.

I like this ball better than the Z star and I actually didn't think I would. Distance wise I liked it a lot and it gave me some good distance off the tee but iron shots I wasn't that happy, the ball is definitely a little harder than I'm used to since I've been playing most of my rounds lately with either the Chromesoft or Supersoft, now it's not like a rock hard it's just move than I personally like. All in all I will say I liked the ball but I didn't love it, I would however like to give it a little more time to play with it.

XV was a decent ball. Course was tight so not really a good representation of how this ball plays. Pretty durable and when possible, it would check up pretty well. I don't know that I would game this as my regular ball, but I may pick up a few and give them another try when I'm playing better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll be gaming the XV again this weekend. In fact I'll be altenating holes with the Srixon Q Star.

I rotated back and forth between the Z-Star and XV today. Unfortunately I ended up losing 2 balls but I put those 2 through their paces pretty well before sending them into the Wentworth subdivision. Firstly, they held up exceptionally well. I mean when I washed them off they were literally in the same condition as if I had just pulled them out of the box. Smooth as butter and no scuffs or damage whatsoever. They were soft and offered great feel and they spun really well.

Now, as I understand it, the XV compares to something like a ProV1x and B330-RX. I game the RX everyday but have struggled with the ProV1x because it doesn't compress as well for me. These balls were every bit as solid as the B330-RX but felt a tad softer on impact and definitely spun more IMO. I think the softer feel also allowed them to compress a bit more than the B330-RX. No science or data behind that opinion, though...just feel. Also, the biggest factor for me was forgiveness. I had a couple of squirrely swings today but the XV just got on line and stayed there. It'll work when you need it to but it was a straight shooter for me today.

Bottom line - outstanding ball with great feel, exceptional performance, and outstanding durability. As soon as I get back home I'm going to replace every ball in my bag with the Srixon Z-Stars.
Just for clarification, the XV is similar to the B330/B330S while the regular Zstar is comparable with the RX

2015 Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Ball Review Thread

Wrong zstar thread

Last edited:
I played the XV the majority of the round yesterday. As others have noted, the durability I saw is outstanding. I hit a cart path on the fly on number 2 off the tee and the ball looked fine. I think the guys in our group were impressed with how the ball checked around the green. I thought the greens were fairly firm and fast yesterday and the XV held the greens pretty well. Performance in the wind was a bit disappointing to me. I felt like it got pushed around and ballooned more than what I typically see from a Bridgestone B330 or TaylorMade Tour Preferred X.

I played my entire round today with the new Z Star XV. It was a 2 man scramble with my buddy JDax from THP but I will share some overall thoughts.

Having not played in roughly a month my iron play was really shoddy all day until the end. Off the driver the ball moved and penetrated well. I did not hit a lot of spinny shots at all today with the driver and I hit a few bombs today as well in 30 degree weather. In fact, I hit a good majority of fairways off the tee today. When I did make good contact with my irons the ball held the greens very nicely. On short pitches and chip shots I was able to see the ball check nicely. On one hole today we hit about a 70 yard approach to an elevated green so I couldn't see it perform up there but the guys we were playing with were already up that as both me and my partner wasted a great drive hitting both irons fat. Anyway, I hit a great approach beyond the hole that spun back to hole high, both guys from the other team complemented the spin and it was really more of a knock down wedge without much follow through which I thought was impressive. From a feel perspective I liked it a lot...felt smooth off my irons when I hit them solid and the driver was amazing. Putting it also felt great and anything around the greens was amazing as well. I did lose two balls early in the round but played the final 13 holes with the same ball and the ball doesn't look new but its certainly playable. Only one real scuff mark that I can see and I have no idea where it came from because I did not hit a cart path or anything.

Overall thoughts, I plan to play this as my gamer. I love the ball and its performance outdoors today. Conditions were rough, windy, very cold (Tee'd off at 30 degrees) and once it did get to around 40 degrees it was soggy and wet everywhere. I will be flying into the Bahamas on Wednesday and I plan to play at the resort course there so if that does work out where I can play while there I am very interested to see how it performs in some nicer weather. I also did not really notice any significant distance gain or loss on the course seemed about normal for me in case those who could be wondering from my simulator data but like I said it was cold as hell and windy today so hopefully more favorable conditions can give me more data there next time.

Thanks again to THP and Srixon...amazing ball and amazing people running this site!

I played my entire round today with the new Z Star XV. It was a 2 man scramble with my buddy JDax from THP but I will share some overall thoughts.

Having not played in roughly a month my iron play was really shoddy all day until the end. Off the driver the ball moved and penetrated well. I did not hit a lot of spinny shots at all today with the driver and I hit a few bombs today as well in 30 degree weather. In fact, I hit a good majority of fairways off the tee today. When I did make good contact with my irons the ball held the greens very nicely. On short pitches and chip shots I was able to see the ball check nicely. On one hole today we hit about a 70 yard approach to an elevated green so I couldn't see it perform up there but the guys we were playing with were already up that as both me and my partner wasted a great drive hitting both irons fat. Anyway, I hit a great approach beyond the hole that spun back to hole high, both guys from the other team complemented the spin and it was really more of a knock down wedge without much follow through which I thought was impressive. From a feel perspective I liked it a lot...felt smooth off my irons when I hit them solid and the driver was amazing. Putting it also felt great and anything around the greens was amazing as well. I did lose two balls early in the round but played the final 13 holes with the same ball and the ball doesn't look new but its certainly playable. Only one real scuff mark that I can see and I have no idea where it came from because I did not hit a cart path or anything.

Overall thoughts, I plan to play this as my gamer. I love the ball and its performance outdoors today. Conditions were rough, windy, very cold (Tee'd off at 30 degrees) and once it did get to around 40 degrees it was soggy and wet everywhere. I will be flying into the Bahamas on Wednesday and I plan to play at the resort course there so if that does work out where I can play while there I am very interested to see how it performs in some nicer weather. I also did not really notice any significant distance gain or loss on the course seemed about normal for me in case those who could be wondering from my simulator data but like I said it was cold as hell and windy today so hopefully more favorable conditions can give me more data there next time.

Thanks again to THP and Srixon...amazing ball and amazing people running this site!
Nice write up partner, I think this will be a great ball for you. I have always liked the xv

Looks like Golfsmith finally got their stock in as I received my order from them today (the ones with bonus sleeves). Should be good for awhile now!

c8a5b8e586abd3d6a38501673e8b9ea5.jpg

Went to the sim this morning and was getting some driver numbers. Was seeing some very similar numbers between these and the B330. The one area where I noticed a slight difference was that the XV averaged about 1 degree more launch. That was a very pleasant surprise as spin was nearly identical and ball speeds were similar as well.

Looks like Golfsmith finally got their stock in as I received my order from them today (the ones with bonus sleeves). Should be good for awhile now!

c8a5b8e586abd3d6a38501673e8b9ea5.jpg

Went to the sim this morning and was getting some driver numbers. Was seeing some very similar numbers between these and the B330. The one area where I noticed a slight difference was that the XV averaged about 1 degree more launch. That was a very pleasant surprise as spin was nearly identical and ball speeds were similar as well.

Hope with that many balls you're good for a few years.

Back