Taylormade or Callaway?

bryanys

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, happy Friday!! I remember doing a poll here on THP on which manufacturer you would love to be sponsored by. If I remember correctly, Callaway was the leader. Question for you guys, are you more of a fan with Callaway or Taylormade? Why so? From the clubs to balls, to even the gloves, why do prefer Callaway or Taylormade? Most detailed explanations are thanked in advance!! Have a great weekend all!!

Callaway for me.

opcorn:

I think Callaway has made major gains because they seem to be responding better to the consumer. From an active social media presence and a more effective advertising campaign, they really are becoming the company that is trying to provide equipment for any skill level.

TaylorMade is still a force, but they have slipped in the last few years with some confusing product lines and their own bumbling with issues like JetSpeed. I think they are coming back, but right now Callaway seems to be firing on all cylinders and the market is responding.

I think Callaway has made major gains because they seem to be responding better to the consumer. From an active social media presence and a more effective advertising campaign, they really are becoming the company that is trying to provide equipment for any skill level.

TaylorMade is still a force, but they have slipped in the last few years with some confusing product lines and their own bumbling with issues like JetSpeed. I think they are coming back, but right now Callaway seems to be firing on all cylinders and the market is responding.

I've noticed that,very true. I played with the 2013 X Forged irons for a short time, they were nice though. Thanks for the response

If those are the only two options, I have to go with Taylormade. I'm not sure why, but the only Callaway clubs I've ever gamed were the OG Steelhead fairway woods (which I absolutely loved by the way).
For years I was a TM woods fan, but never really liked their irons that much. Now I'm a big fan of their irons, but they are losing me with their CoG forward drivers and their return to white woods is a total turnoff for me.

Either. I know people at both companies. I think they both make great equipment.

If those are the only two options, I have to go with Taylormade. I'm not sure why, but the only Callaway clubs I've ever gamed were the OG Steelhead fairway woods (which I absolutely loved by the way).
For years I was a TM woods fan, but never really liked their irons that much. Now I'm a big fan of their irons, but they are losing me with their CoG forward drivers and their return to white woods is a total turnoff for me.
Oddly enough, tour staff loves the white.

If I had to choose it would be Callaway, although I like everything Taylor Made has come out with in 2015 and they are well on their way to regaining the status they once had. I just think Callaway suits me better, but I couldn't complain about either.

I think I would go Callaway on this. Just like everything about them from clubs to balls

If those are the only two options then for me I choose Callaway every time. I have never like taylormade just never have. I love two brands Cobra and Callaway. For everything they stand for everything they do for us and their CS I feel has set the standard.

Bit confused how are they responding better to the consumer and also becoming the company that is providing for all skill levels,all manufacturers are doing well at that,And also confusing product lines hasnt cally got the apex line and then the xr line im confused which is for which skill level,

Callaway. Not even close.

Hard choice. I love Callaway as a company, but none of their woods suit my eye at address.

Both for me. You hear it here all the time that more choices, more releases, are a good thing. Why limit yourself?

Neither I'm not a fan of any particular brand, I'm just looking for the best clubs to fit my game. I am totally sick of all the marketing hype by everyone and am not buying anything that isn't a significant improvement over what I'm currently playing.

I have nothing against Callaway at all. But my bag is 90% TM if you count Adams as part of their group. Their relationship with KBS Tour for shafts is a major plus for me as those are the best shafts I have ever played.

I love all Callaway does especially on THP. But if you are forcing me to pick one I have to go TM because the proof is in the actual results right now for me.

I have clubs from both brands in my bag. I like both companies.

Right now I'd have to go with Callaway. I have not been a fan of recent Talormade irons (the RSi have changed that a little bit). I also feel like Callaway is much more interactive with consumers, and that can make a difference when building that "buying" relationship.

Last edited:
I like both companies, I think they both make great equipment.

Callaway for me without question.

I think their line top to bottom throughout players to SGI is superior to TM.

The only item I could see maybe not playing Callaway (Odyssey) is the putter. I've not had one I just truly loved so TM may be able to take the lead there.

If I was forced between the two, I'd say Callaway. Their customer interaction is fantastic and they truly want to make sure golfers are taken care of. I had an awesome customer service experience with them last year that really cemented that ideal of theirs.

That being said, I'm still going to go hit as many clubs as I can that I'm thinking about buying. If a TM club fits me better, that's what's going in the bag.

Product-wise, I'd be willing to play either line. The clubs that I have played from each company have performed just fine.

I like both lines but the edge for me goes to TaylorMade.

Back