Matrix OZIK Program F15 Shafts Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Arriving at THP HQ is the new Matrix Program F15 iron shafts and I was asked to review them for the company as they know that I played the previous version quite a bit.

The Details
Matrix introduces the next generation of its flagship "OZIK Program" iron family of products. The OZIK Program F15 will offer players of all levels the benefits of optimized control found in steel with unmatched feel at impact. Program F15 provides for a mid- launching and spinning profile, slightly lower than the original Program family of products. Additionally, the OZIK Program F15 features an enhanced HD internal platform and profile design allowing for tighter torsional (horizontal) and flight (vertical) patterns than from a steel shaft of similar weight. This next gen design also provides for more efficient swing weight builds. Look for Program F15 in the hands of many of the best players in the world, on Tour as well as any authorized Matrix dealer.

Available in weight of 80, 95 and 120
Available in flexes of A, R, S, X

The Review Sample
full iron set matching these specs

Impact-L.jpg

Impact-2-L.jpg

Impact-3-L.jpg

These will be going into a set that I am debating right now and then will get a long term review from me each time I get out with them. Should be a lot of fun. I'll admit I was a bit fan of the white Program previous version and voiced my opinion to Chris at Matrix personally, but upon seeing how this model came out in the final product, they are extremely well done.

Flash in pictures can skew colors a bit, but these are very much a charcoal type of silver/gray and "wreak technology. I love golf equipment as much as the next guy, but I literally geeked out a bit at the package arriving at THP HQ and knowing what was inside.

Looks great, very interested to hear how they play.

I am especially interested to read your reviews on these now that I have converted to being a full graphite guy

Those look very sharp, especially with the script The Hackers Paradise on them. I look forward to following along with your reviews Josh.

Can't wait for your input! Thanks in advance !

Love the coloring on those, and the custom imprint is a great addition.

These look good. Will you be installing the shafts yourself? I am curious if they fixed the swingweight problems.

Those are beautimous! Some day I will buck up and buy a set.

Love that they keep evolving the line.

Those look amazing and I want want to give them a try as me and my coach actually talked that I may need to swap shafts after I finish with the major swing changes.

And lets face it, that engraving? Redonkulously awesome.

Nice looking. Looking forward to the review.

These looks just amazing. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. Might have to look up the launch model and see if they might work for me as these are beauties.

Love the looks and can't wait to hear more. If I remember correctly they are also weighted slightly heavier towards the tip to help with swingweight issues with lighter shafts, correct?

The shafts do look gorgeous. Haven't hit their iron shafts but the wood/driver shafts are solid.

Pretty excited to try these out.

Can't think of anyone else more suited to test them.

Did you decide what clubs they will be going in?
Not yet. Trying to see about getting another set for a full staff review before I get started.

I can't find it on their website

what are the launch and spin characteristics of these shafts?

I can't find it on their website

what are the launch and spin characteristics of these shafts?

Ill be honest and say I chuckled reading this.
Read the 1st post again brother. :D

Ill be honest and say I chuckled reading this.
Read the 1st post again brother. :D

Dohhhh I'm an idiot read it when first posted then been hunting their sight and came up with nothing but lower than previous version.

Look forward to your thoughts once they get into play and I hope to hit them as well.

Can't wait to hear a review on those new shafts. I have to admit that the original Program series never felt great to me, so I hope these are a big improvement in that department.

Wow, I must say I'm very intrigued by these. I think a set of the 95s in XR or XR Pros would be something special.

Back