Android Phone Thread

Lots of conversations in both iPhone and Android threads.
Both make solid options.
As does Blackberry and Windows.

Samsung G6 is coming as well

Don't forget about the Nexus 6 and Saygus V2 as well

That is reassuring for sure. I know that when these updates are released they always have problems that haven't be fixed. I hope it keeps working for you.

After a couple days with 5.0 how do you like it?

To me the biggest change is the notifications. I need to find a way to pick and choose which ones pop up, but I am enjoying them so far. The material design on TouchWiz isnt a huge leap forward IMO. But since the reload things run nice and smooth again.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2889...tion-galaxy-s6-and-curved-galaxy-s6-edge.html

It’s here. Samsung’s brand new metal-and-glass Galaxy S6 is finally here, and it’s like no smartphone the company has ever released. The flagship device overhauls the Galaxy line’s down-market design aesthetic to spectacular effect, fixing one of our most longstanding complaints about Samsung hardware.

gs6_gs6edge-100570098-large.jpg

I see the same old cartoonish TouchWiz and that can't make up for anything they do to the outside of the phone.

Need to read up on the 6, might be time to switch back to Samsung

I definitely will be getting an S6. Just a matter of if I'm going to go for the Edge one or the regular one.

I definitely will be getting an S6. Just a matter of if I'm going to go for the Edge one or the regular one.

Wasn't a fan of the edge styling in the other models, so doubt that changes much here.

I went from S4 to iphone 6, so I skipped on the S5. Really need to see what has changed.

Wasn't a fan of the edge styling in the other models, so doubt that changes much here.

I went from S4 to iphone 6, so I skipped on the S5. Really need to see what has changed.

I wasn't a fan of previous phones with the edge styling but this one I do like. Before seeing the actual images I didn't have any plans on the edge but I think Samsung did a really good job with this one.

Well, when things are going wrong just ape the iPhone 6 design and sales will skyrocket.

I wasn't a fan of previous phones with the edge styling but this one I do like. Before seeing the actual images I didn't have any plans on the edge but I think Samsung did a really good job with this one.

I like that they actually allowed the usage of the edges on the S6. Makes a lot more sense.

However, no external battery and no expandable storage on an android phone is annoying, but these do look sweeeet

I like that they actually allowed the usage of the edges on the S6. Makes a lot more sense.

However, no external battery and no expandable storage on an android phone is annoying, but these do look sweeeet
I am in Note 4 ponder mode anyway and not interested in the S6. But if I were, they lost me at the non removable battery.

I am in Note 4 ponder mode anyway and not interested in the S6. But if I were, they lost me at the non removable battery.

I'm pretty much the same way.

Perhaps the battery life is going the be phenomenal?

Every phone will probably be non removable battery soon unfortunately.

Every phone will probably be non removable battery soon unfortunately.

You are probably right. But I want to avoid it as long as possible. I almost always use my RoboBattery. I use the battery that came with my phone about once a month.

With the new batteries, removable is just not needed IMO. I never touch mine in my G3 as it's not needed. I have to seriously try to kill my battery. It lasts a full day, if not 2 if I want it to

From what I watched today I think I'll go with HTC over Samsung.

Lots of conversations in both iPhone and Android threads.
Both make solid options.
As does Blackberry and Windows.
I do miss my BB. I liked how RIM vetted the apps before they were available to use. I felt secure doing my banking etc. With Droid or Apple every app seems to need full access to everything on the phone. Probably not a problem but in the age of data mining who knows.

I was excited for the new S6, but since the battery is not removable that makes me less likely to purchase it. Yeah, I know that batteries in the newer phones last longer and charge quicker, but the problem is that battery (lithium I think?!?!?) has a shorter life span than the a lot of the removable ones. If you get a new phone every year or so then it is probably not that much of a deal breaker, but if you like to hold on to a phone for a couple of years then it comes into play. Plus being able to pull the battery for a solution for a "frozen" phone is always nice. Once the non removable phone battery starts failing having to send it off to get it fixed or replaced is an unattractive option. I really hate that the decided to "iPhoneize" the S6.

I was excited for the new S6, but since the battery is not removable that makes me less likely to purchase it. Yeah, I know that batteries in the newer phones last longer and charge quicker, but the problem is that battery (lithium I think?!?!?) has a shorter life span than the a lot of the removable ones. If you get a new phone every year or so then it is probably not that much of a deal breaker, but if you like to hold on to a phone for a couple of years then it comes into play. Plus being able to pull the battery for a solution for a "frozen" phone is always nice. Once the non removable phone battery starts failing having to send it off to get it fixed or replaced is an unattractive option. I really hate that the decided to "iPhoneize" the S6.

I thought I read something that stated they had to go non removable because of the chassis design...I could be thinking of another phone though

anyone have any recommendations on newer phones under $200 that I can buy off contract and get the ATT edge plans. I get such a nice corp discount on them and I am tired of Verizon's pricing but iwth edge you pay retail for the phone. My s4 is about dead and the wife hates her Ip5. Is the Moto G good? What about any others that are out there?

Been eyeing craigslist for a good deal on a S5 or Note, as I want to try and find something on the cheap to switch back to android for a bit. Freaking Samsungs hold their value...

Back