The Movie Review Thread

The Equalizer
First half of the movie makes you wonder where its going, and then when it gets there you're all like "What?!?" A bit unbelievable (it's a movie, so honestly no biggie) but some really good action. Feel like these movies have all been made before though ... 4 out of 5 stars.

I agree, pretty good movie, didnt need to be 2+ hours as it got slow a little bit in the middle but all in all pretty solid

John Wick. Definitely a lot of action. 4 out of 5 stars. Alfie Allen, between this movie and Game of Thrones, really does play characters that make you want to punch him in the face though. Oh yeah, and that was Mayhem ... was beginning to wonder if he was just going to flop off of a roof, or off the bed of a pickup.

Fury......if you're a fan of war movies then this a must. Touches on the human side of war as well as some great action scenes. Best war movie put out in a long time....IMO.

Saw a couple movies this weekend.

Kingsman...absolutely horrible. A list actors in roles that they should never have agreed to. Basically just a paycheck for those guys. Terrible plot, no character development and the action scenes were WAY over the top.

Jupiter Ascending...incredible CGI but that's all. No character development. Really convaluted storyline that was hard to follow. Very mediocre acting all around.

Avoid spending $$ on these two.

Hmm I actually liked Kingsman quite a bit, different strokes I guess.

John Wick. Definitely a lot of action. 4 out of 5 stars. Alfie Allen, between this movie and Game of Thrones, really does play characters that make you want to punch him in the face though. Oh yeah, and that was Mayhem ... was beginning to wonder if he was just going to flop off of a roof, or off the bed of a pickup.

Going to be seeing this soon, just popped up on DirectTV On-Demand.

Kingsman...absolutely horrible. A list actors in roles that they should never have agreed to. Basically just a paycheck for those guys. Terrible plot, no character development and the action scenes were WAY over the top.

You do realize the entire movie is a satire of Spy movies right? The whole point of any Matthew Vaughn movie is to be over the top. Most of Mark Millars source material is insane, Kick-Ass, Wanted, etc.

Gone Girl was the best one I've seen in a long time now. Really not what you expect from this type of movie. I was really looking forward to The Equalizer and found it to be pretty mediocre.

Just watched Lucy, which is pretty much a modern day version of The Lawnmower Man, but it was still a decent watch

Didn't get a chance to see it in theaters so we ordered the bluray and finally got to watch Big Hero 6 last night and loved it. I want a Baymax! :)

Watched 3 flicks in the last 2 nights:

Gone Girl: Very good. Creepy good. Keeps you thinking about the film long after its over.

John Wick: Don't expect any character development. Lots of action. Just ok.

Whiplash: Great acting by J.K. Simmons. Well earned Academy Award for best supporting actor. Great cinematography in this one.

With crappy weather today, the girlfriend and I went to see Kingsman Secret Sevice. It had some pretty good humor, over the top action scenes and was just fun. Both of us really enjoyed it.

The Core - yeah, it's not a great film, and at over 2 hours long almost makes you want regret giving that time up to watch it. After midnight though, and just needing something to get you through the next few hours ... it suffices.

Watched 3 flicks in the last 2 nights:

Gone Girl: Very good. Creepy good. Keeps you thinking about the film long after its over.

John Wick: Don't expect any character development. Lots of action. Just ok.

Whiplash: Great acting by J.K. Simmons. Well earned Academy Award for best supporting actor. Great cinematography in this one.
John wick was good mindless action, Whiplash might be one of the best movies I've seen in years. Gone girl should stay gone.

Gone Girl was disturbing.

My daughter and I watched this one tonight (for the 2nd time since it came out on Vudu). Really solid movie by Disney (as usual).
I believe we are up to 50 times of watching it and my daughter loves it. She makes me play the "Big Hero 6" song in the car all the time (Immortals by Fall Out Boy) It's the song when they all get their super suits. And by all the time I mean the entire car ride. Haha

My daughter and I watched this one tonight (for the 2nd time since it came out on Vudu). Really solid movie by Disney (as usual).

One of my favs that Ive taken the girls to see, might have to pick it up on DVD as well

Over the weekend, I did a double feature at the movie theatre. Saw Focus with Will Smith. Very enjoyable movie and Margot Robbie is smokin!! Stayed after and watched KINGSMEN: secret service. Very funny and a throwback to the old Bond type spy movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hard to imagine what it would be, but turned out to be a great one. All 4 of s loved it.

I saw Birdman the other night. Oscar winner for best picture...and I don't get it.

It was OK, entertaining for sure (and some good performances) but I don't get all the hype.

I saw Birdman the other night. Oscar winner for best picture...and I don't get it.

It was OK, entertaining for sure (and some good performances) but I don't get all the hype.

Us mere mortals are clearly not enlightened enough to understand a great movie like the geniuses of the academy.

Whiplash: Far and away the best movie I've seen all year. Now in my Top 5 movies of all time list. It's THAT good. Watch it if you haven't.

Back