FootJoy HyperFlex Shoes - THP TV

I agree Ken, looks great! Great video also Dean!

I really want to try these with the BOA system. But even without that I still like the style of these in the right color

I would love to hear comparisons on these vs the DNA for anyone that knows, particularly in the context of turf grip, comfort, flexibility, and stability.

~Rock

I would love to hear comparisons on these vs the DNA for anyone that knows, particularly in the context of turf grip, comfort, flexibility, and stability.

~Rock

FWIW, I have both and so far, am not in love with either. I think someone is going to have to be a pretty huge FJ fan to choose these where there price tag over comparable options from other places. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but that is the landscape for the brand right now in my opinion.

So I watched Michael Breed with the red/gray shoes on the Golf Fix & they looked nice. I need to try these on & if the toe box isn't too narrow I'll be bargain hunting

Try a pair on over the weekend. Not that comfortable. I was looking and hoping they would be somewhat flexible and soft but found them to be a little rigid

are these waterproof? I am like warm just by looking at these. I love my DNA's and don't see these taking their spot, but never know until I actually try them on

Try a pair on over the weekend. Not that comfortable. I was looking and hoping they would be somewhat flexible and soft but found them to be a little rigid

Maybe need to get them in wide vs med?

My foot joys always fit ok, but these look narrow in pictures.

I tried these on a couple of days ago. I wasn't wowed by them. Nice shoes, very flexible, but something seemed off and i just cant put my finger on what is off about them.

Also, i was a bit disappointed in the padding inside the shoe. Seemed very flat and boring and not contoured to a foots shape.

~Rock

Maybe need to get them in wide vs med?

My foot joys always fit ok, but these look narrow in pictures.

I ordered a pair yesterday in the standard medium width. They look narrow but are actually wider in the toe box than the Footjoy XPS, Dry Joy tours, and Adidas I have. I'm always in a medium width and I will put a better, slightly thicker insole inside of the Hyperflex's to make them fit a little narrower. For those of you who haven't tried a good orthotic inside of your golf shoes, do yourself a favor and try some. I started using them 20 years ago when I was walking 8+ rounds every week and now have them in all my running, golf, and cycling shoes. I use Downunders or Superfeet, they are well worth the $30-$40 price and blow away any insoles that come with your golf shoes.

I found it was fairly snug in the forefoot, but not the heel. We all have different shaped feet though. About 75% of my shoes are in narrow width, unfortunately i couldnt find any narrow sizes to try on.

~Rock

These things are awful! I'd wear the Lebron/Arnold shoes on my feet and hands before I wore these.

These things are awful! I'd wear the Lebron/Arnold shoes on my feet and hands before I wore these.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. They are my first pair of non-traditional shoes and I kinda like the sporty look. The breathability will be great for those 50 days each year that the temperature reaches 90 degrees.

hunter-mahan-flexgrid_feature.jpg

I think my pair has broken down after 50 rounds and about 15 range sessions. I can't get through half a bucket or 4 holes without my toe hurting. Switched back to an old pair of adidas and no issues.

I think my pair has broken down after 50 rounds and about 15 range sessions. I can't get through half a bucket or 4 holes without my toe hurting. Switched back to an old pair of adidas and no issues.

That is not good. Has something happened to the actual shoe? Like has it broken or had some wear issues?

Back