When Does Your Season Start?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know much of the country is under snow, so my question is when does your season legitimately start? For us in FL, the season starts opposite of everybody else.

As early as possible depending on weather. That is typically hoping for mid to late March, but it sometimes stays cold into April.

Beginning of May is the time I can typically get to the course with no worries of weather being a huge factor. Some years we get a couple weeks in April.

Generally early April or so. I usually start hitting a lot of balls in mid-March to get back into the swing of things.

It varies, the last couple of years we've been out playing by the end of March. Normally it's about mid April though. The actual "season" as in golf leagues etc usually starts May 1.

For me it's around mid march. I can golf year round, but temps dipping into the 40's makes me a wimp and I'll stay home. I'll have a few days in Jan/Feb to play, but my season picks back up mid March most of the time

Mid April typically

As early as possible!
I try to get out in March. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Absolutely cannot wait to get out again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually a week before the Masters.

The grind never ends here!

In 2017, I'm hoping to start earlier than I have since back in my Teaching days. Sounds like I'll have access to an indoor simulator as well as an indoor net, and if both of those play out, then my swing will get back in tune sooner than March or April as is usual for our area.

Here it's usually sometime in March. Does depend on how cold the winter is, sometimes that can push to April. I'll be out at least practicing in March if that's the case though.

Hoping March, usually closer to May

Depends on the year really. Could be anywhere from March to May

You never really know but it always seems like the first decent day to play is the Sunday of the Masters so I have to choose between playing and watching.

The season never ends.

When the white stuff clears. Got out for a round in early March last year, hopefully get a couple random warm days in that timeframe this year as well. Usually by April golf becomes more accessible.

Usually April. Between indoor hitting nets and local simulators I'm generally still swinging at least twice a month all year long. There are a couple of local courses that host a 2-day, 3-man, 2 course big cup scramble tournament in April every year. The weather is almost always some form of horrible, but it's become kind of the official start to my season.

Early April my League starts.

Some courses in the area are ambitious and try to stay open as much as possible through the winter, but it usually starts in late March or April.

I'm in Mexico in March for spring break. So it starts the day I get home.

April really seems to be the change over point for me, March we start to get a little interested and start hitting the range and when we aren't bum deep in snow we can get out on a course from time to time. But primarily April is when I really start to get into things heavy again

Hope for April, but usually May. Oh I wish it was sooner than that.....

Usually late March to April. Or earlier for the courses that don't give a **** about their grounds.

If we're really lucky, late March might be playable. Usually, though, we're stuck with mid to late April.

Back