keep your irons covered?

Nah, no head covers on the irons. My dad does it and it takes him forever between shots, taking them off and putting them on.

Covers on all of the clubs in the bag look great, until you lose one...

Woods and putter yes, irons never.

Nope. Can't stand the way iron covers look.

Nope, I have had a 14 way divider for a while so it is pretty minimal if there is any banging around.

Now if I dropped however many thousands of dollars on the Japanese forgings than I would definitely consider it, but that isn't an issue I will ever face. I am going more GI the older I get.

No need with the Kahma bag. It has a travel cover that covers and holds the irons in place during transit and that's the only time they're covered.

Never have. I'm not against them tho, because I know how I feel about my irons and how the bag chatter makes me wanna vomit, but that won't get me to use iron covers. I just clean my clubs after every use and they still seem to stay pretty pristine.

I use the same hard plastic covers I bought 20 years ago on my new Ap2s, lol. For a couple reasons, my irons are beautiful and two I think it is funny to use the old covers! To each his own. I don't cover my wedges btw, rust and scuffs equal spin! Lol

All my clubs are covered.
- I don't like bag chatter
- If your clubs fall over or off the cart they will get all jacked up if not protected
- I like to keep all my clubs as pristine as possible
- Resale or Trade In value

I've never understood the "I cover my woods and putter" but refuse to cover my irons. Makes no sense to me.

This is the OCD index thread.

All my clubs have covers for transport but they all come off while I am golfing.

Do they still make iron covers???? I would never consider using them and actually haven't seen any iron covers in over 5 years. Bag chatter adds character just like the lines on my face and my rapidly greying hair. I'm even opposed to using a head cover for my putter.

got a set years a go for a present. what a pain in the ass, they did not even last the round. had ping zing 2's and the were tough to put on and take off. I ended up giving them to a buddy after the round

Yep, I have in the past and still do. Guess I just like having them look good (to my eyes) as long as possible.

I will humbly say yes. I just got new Srixon Z545s and got iron covers...I'll see how long that will last since I already got a little groove on the bottom of my 6i when testing them out on a mat!:banghead:

The age old question still being asked? Kind of funny seeing how many use covers now compared to a few years ago when this was a hot topic. For the record, I seldom use them these days lol.

As long as we don't have to go back several times to look for one, I don't care who uses them!

I got some for my first set of brand new irons, but hated using them.

I guess I just don't see the big deal either way. Use them if you want to.
Some people laugh at push/pull carts as well. Or ball retrievers or graphite shafts or, or, or...

I guess I just don't see the big deal either way. Use them if you want to.
Some people laugh at push/pull carts as well. Or ball retrievers or graphite shafts or, or, or...
I only laugh at people with ball retrievers if they regripped it!

wow, I should of added a poll to the thread. I thought it would have been a landslide for "no covers". I thought the last time discussed it kind of was but there are plenty enough cover users chiming in.
I cant really say I see it much at all in person but only one here and there at my locals. Usually I'm the only one in a given foursome with them. At least (as mentioned) until I start losing them.

wow, I should of added a poll to the thread. I thought it would have been a landslide for "no covers". I thought the last time discussed it kind of was but there are plenty enough cover users chiming in.
I cant really say I see it much at all in person but only one here and there at my locals. Usually I'm the only one in a given foursome with them. At least (as mentioned) until I start losing them.

I honestly haven't seen iron covers more than a few times in the last 15 years and not even once in the last 5 years. I do remember them being popular back in the 1980's. They remind me of a black vinyl bra on a sports car.

I honestly haven't seen iron covers more than a few times in the last 15 years and not even once in the last 5 years. I do remember them being popular back in the 1980's. They remind me of a black vinyl bra on a sports car.

That's weird, I see them quite frequently. Granted I play a bunch of muni courses with loads of senior golfers in the early morning. Not saying it's a senior thing, I've got a buddy my age(33) that uses em.

I bet if you were on the lookout, you'd see plenty.

All my clubs have covers, the woods have their OEM ones and irons have neoprene ones, putter has THP dollar cover. I pay to much to have them all banged up and looking crap.

I've never but I know some do. They want to keep their investment looking good. I play with guys on the weekend that always keep them covered and freak if they can't find the cover after a shot.

I tried some around 20 years ago on my first set of "nice" clubs, but never really liked them and gave them away.

Back